NEurope
dukkadukka

Recommend me some films, bitches!

The Magnificent Seven & The Seven Samurai! (western remake/japanese original) Both the original Samurai (the latter) and cowboy western (the former) versions are very, very good.

Napoleon dynamite is what i would recommend. I recently watched this and it just had me in stitches. Great film, kinda cute ending and funny characters. Get it now.

The Goonies! - you can't beat watching that on a sunday afternoon.

Also The great escape is an awesome film that everyone must see.

Oh oh and if you like the comical type film you must see "Idle Hands"

the big lebowski, comical genius

The Dude: Fuck sympathy! I don't need your fuckin' sympathy, man, I need my fucking johnson!

Donny: What do you need that for, Dude?

GHOSTBUSTERS!

Faceoff

dumb and dumber

happy gilmore

family guy movie

battle royale - already been said by it is a AMAZING film

austin powers 1, 2 and 3

matrix ONE (2 and 3 suk)

jurassic park 1, 2 and 3

ace ventura

monsters inc

toy story 1 and 2

shrek 1 and 2

harry potter and goblet of fire

star wars 3, 4, 5, 6

The Goonies! - you can't beat watching that on a sunday afternoon.

Also The great escape is an awesome film that everyone must see.

Oh oh and if you like the comical type film you must see "Idle Hands"

Yea, see the Great Escape, not only the greatest tune ever but a bloody good film.

the big lebowski is a great film and if you like it (its been suggested a lot)

you should try other Coen films like

Fargo

O brother where art thou?

raising arizona

the hudsucker proxy

millers crossing to name a few !

if you watch Kurosawa's seven samurai (best film ever)

then watch

rashamon

fidden fortress (remade in to stars wars)

yojimbo (remade into A fist full of dollars and more recently last man standing)

Sanjuro

American Beauty: awesomely realistic story all mixed in a dreamy, poetic zest. Never thought a plastic bag could evoke such deep emotions. Love the tragic ending of some characters.

Traffic: awesome plot, semi-documentary, very nice use of colors, deep characters. One of the best movies out there. I love it how all the different stories of the characters all interfere.

Blow: It has johnny depp in it, should be enough. Based on a true story. Just loved this. Love it how Young becomes filthy rich just by being at the right time and place.

All Tarantino films. Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Jacky Brown, Kill Bill I and II...

About Schmidt: if you don't cry at the end of this movie, you're a monster.

Three great Studio Ghibli films:

Spirited Away - sheer genius

Princess Mononoke - Both highly entertaining and thought provoking

Grave of the Fire Flies - About a guy and his little sister trying to survive in Japan near the end of WW2. A powerful, emotional, highly distressing film. Have the tissues ready.

Wallace and Gromit. All of them. Buy them, rent them, steal them.

Feathers McGraw = Most sinister anything, ever.

Van Wilder!

M*A*S*H

Baseketball!!! awesome film (main characters are creators of south park and team america)

How High

Monty Python films!

not everyone is into anime, but if you like it then you can't go wrong with Akira. i know its cliché to name drop it but its a very good film. it has a great cyber punk dystopian settings and deals with all kinds of insanly deep shit.

watch this with an ice pack ready. trying to get the end may result in over heating your brain. worth the effort though.

Some films i love:

Dark Water (Japanese, not American)

Bruce Almighty

Rainman

Fight Club

Mary Shelly's Frankenstein (1994)

The Thing (1982)

Ghostworld

Set it Off

Saw

Saw 2

Of Mice and Men (Gary Sinese version)

Baseketball!!! awesome film (main characters are creators of south park and team america)

Yes i absolutely love BASEketball, def get that on DVD

Donnie Brasco is awesome for a few reasons; gangsters, al pacino and johnny depp. These three reasons are usually enough to see any movie alone.

It's based on a true story about a policeman going undercover to bring the mob down, and ending up sorta switching sides.

French Connection is another cop true story thang, with gene hackman who is not a bad actor (ignoring the fact that he can't act anything besides a law figure), with a legendary chase scene and nice use of camera for the era. Also; The Firm and Unforgiven for further Hackman goodness.

Chinatown, Roman Polanski is an odd guy, but a great director. This is a film Noir with ol' Jack Nicholson playing the gumshoe, except teh movie does not end up how they usually do. If you think it's no good then you're wrong. K? L.A. Confidential for further Noir excellence, SEE IT! One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest has been mentioned, but I loved it. Jack FTW!

It's been mentioned in passing, but Cube is a cool little cult movie now, with an obligatory sequel and prequel already around (neither as good as the first film of course, but the prequel is worth seeing). If you like Saw then you should like Cube fo' sho'. Yes.

Nothing here that isn't known already i'll admit- Like everyone else here I wish I'd kept a running list of the great movies I've seen. Oh well.

Donnie Brasco is awesome for a few reasons; gangsters, al pacino and johnny depp. These three reasons are usually enough to see any movie alone.

Get this movie, listen to the wise man. Even when he's wrong he's right.

Chinatown, Roman Polanski is an odd guy, but a great director. This is a film Noir with ol' Jack Nicholson playing the gumshoe, except teh movie does not end up how they usually do. If you think it's no good then you're wrong. K? L.A. Confidential for further Noir excellence, SEE IT!

Im in a noir mood, artistically, at the moment and I've been meaning to see noir films. I watched Chinatown but was on the computer so I never paid attention. Any others you can suggest? Particularly contemporary(ish) noirs.

Apocalypse Now. Best war film ever (apart from maybe Patton or The Dambusters).

hmm try my faves:

-Ghost in the shell-my favorite anime film

-Hero-awesome and beautiful fight scenes and just a stunning film

-Jackie Brown-classic late night Tarrantino

-The Silence of the Lambs-flvavavavavavavavavavah!

-Kill Bill- simply amazing and hoem to my fave bitch fight ever Elle vs The Bride!

-American Beauty-part of the reason Kevin Spacey is my fave actor!

-Team America- AMERICA! F**K YEAH!!! Dirka diirka mohammed jihad!

oh and you HAVE to see king kong-Peter Jackson is a genius!

hope that helped x