N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia II - Hunter's Chance

Jonnas

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, another kinda interesting development.

I believe you have some idea as to who I am, amnesia boy. =P

Nope, none at all. The only thing I got was that you didn't know me, so I didn't get closer to learning my identity.

I simply picked you at random because I hadn't seen you in a mafia game in ages (if ever). :heh:

But now I'm curious: What is it that you think I know about you? ;)

Now I have a crazy theory:

Dear Gentlemen, I am afraid I do not bring much news today, but here is what I know: Dyson is a rough individual who protects others. However, he has chosen to do nothing last night.

I get reports each night about the death scene. Last night Flink hurried away from the death scene, it then says the killer was more discreet. So Flink didn't kill her, but was present.

I targeted Dyson

Flink targeted Dyson, and hurried away from the scene of the crime. Why would he do that unless Dyson was also at the scene of the crime?

I suspect that Angus is not in the game at all and that a band of thugs are using his guise in order to wipe us out. And if one was under the guise of Angus then perhaps it would seem that they did nothing that night.

I also think the person who took the key is the same person who gave me my restored power for one night. I have a sneaky suspicion who it is, but it's a wild guess.

I'd like to know the information you have Dannyboy, please reveal what you can about your role.

And hey, maybe if you don't stop voting for me I'll be even more likely to believe you're Angus, and then I might have to do something :p

Oh, right, sorry. :p

Withdraw Vote

It turns out that I am, in fact, James Barker. Last night I received a message from Jonnas that through my deductive reasoning in the thread, I had managed to regain my memory. It turns out Angus only thought he had succeeded in killing me, and since then I have worked for Princess/Queen Olivia.

As for Nintendohnut, I'm still wary, but I do want to trust you. (Though I know what a great liar you are, so I hope you'll excuse me for being a bit on edge. ;))

Flink targeted Dyson, and hurried away from the scene of the crime. Why would he do that unless Dyson was also at the scene of the crime?

I pondered this and in fact wrote something out about it, however Flink then said that he WAS there. Were you two partners or something Flink?

I suspect that Angus is not in the game at all and that a band of thugs are using his guise in order to wipe us out. And if one was under the guise of Angus then perhaps it would seem that they did nothing that night.

A pretty good theory, actually. Likely the real Angus is the leader of the bunch (you know him well, he's finally back to kick some tail :p).

I also think the person who took the key is the same person who gave me my restored power for one night. I have a sneaky suspicion who it is, but it's a wild guess.

Wait, didn't Eenuh give the key to Flink because he happened to be at the scene?

Actually, scratch that scratch. It's still entirely possible that Dannyboy is Angus, but think's he's his dead twin brother (this theory is part of the mafia disguising as Angus and is not supposed to make Dannyboy look like the killer).

Nope, none at all. The only thing I got was that you didn't know me, so I didn't get closer to learning my identity.

I simply picked you at random because I hadn't seen you in a mafia game in ages (if ever). :heh:

But now I'm curious: What is it that you think I know about you? ;)

It's true, I don't know you. Apparently you mistook me for somebody else, so I assumed you had a thought as to who I might be (Such as a character from the previous game for example).

I pondered this and in fact wrote something out about it, however Flink then said that he WAS there. Were you two partners or something Flink?

Um, I am very, very reluctant to give away any information on this part. However, I will say that when this game was in its sign-up stage, I joined at the same time as Ine, who was visiting me in the UK. A bit hard for the game-master to make one of us mafia when we're in the same place for the start of the game, no?

Make of that what you will.

Wait, didn't Eenuh give the key to Flink because he happened to be at the scene?

Ok, I thought that was obvious. In fact, want to say that part a bit louder, Dannyboy? I don't think whoever killed Ine for that key heard you.

TBH Flink I'm not sure it would make too much difference. It might make things a little awkward, but no more so than if he made you both town as you could have seen each others' PMs etc either way. I don't think that's really much of a theory, I'm afraid. Sorry!

Actually, scratch that scratch. It's still entirely possible that Dannyboy is Angus, but think's he's his dead twin brother (this theory is part of the mafia disguising as Angus and is not supposed to make Dannyboy look like the killer).

An interesting theory. When I first got my amnesic role, I did ponder whether I was actually Angus, and the killer James Barker posing as me. Whatever the case, I believe myself to be James Barker now and is on the town's side.

So what exactly is your power Dannyboy?

Basically the same as my brother last time: I can kill a player if I so choose, but if not I protect myself with my traps. I wonder if I've got a room since regaining my memory, or if I just lay out the traps in the main room where I've been sleeping so far. :heh:

My theory for that part is mainly due to the wording of "mysterious man".

Ah, yes, I had misread what Flink said. I thought he had admitted to receiving the key.

So what exactly is your theory in its entirety at present?

So Dannyboy is watching the thread, but isn't answering my question. Sure, he might just be afk, but in a game like this even that sort of information is important. Maybe he's on the mafia forum discussing what to say....

Lollerskates its fun to get really suspicious to the point where even insignificant facts make people look guilty

...fail on my part.

Okay so that means we apparently have three killers in the game. Seems unlikely. Who are you trying to kill? And what have your targets been so far? I thought you said you'd been talking to people so far - not killing? Why can you suddenly kill?

So Dannyboy is watching the thread, but isn't answering my question. Sure, he might just be afk, but in a game like this even that sort of information is important. Maybe he's on the mafia forum discussing what to say....

Lollerskates its fun to get really suspicious to the point where even insignificant facts make people look guilty

I was in the process of answering your question, you douche! :heh:

...fail on my part.

Okay so that means we apparently have three killers in the game. Seems unlikely. Who are you trying to kill? And what have your targets been so far? I thought you said you'd been talking to people so far - not killing? Why can you suddenly kill?

Have you even been listening?! :heh:

At first, I woke up with amnesia. My objective was to ask around to learn my identity. First night I asked Sprout. He knew nothing. Second night I attempted to ask Cube, but he mistook me for Angus and pushed me over. This lead to a debate in the thread about my identity, and I theorised I might be his thought-to-be-dead brother, James Barker. Come night time, I received a PM that this was, in fact, correct, and that my deduction had given me my memory back. Like my brother, I'm a hunter, and I can kill people at night or remain protected by my traps, but I'm also good and so didn't kill anyone tonight.

TBH Flink I'm not sure it would make too much difference. It might make things a little awkward, but no more so than if he made you both town as you could have seen each others' PMs etc either way. I don't think that's really much of a theory, I'm afraid. Sorry!

A little awkward? Dude, we were pretty much together the whole time. It would have been very difficult for us to work seperately. This is basically me answering ReZ's question by saying that we weren't strictly partners, but we were in some capacity.

Cube: You are wrong. I've seen Ine's role, because our roles were revealed to each other by the game-master. (as in, in each PM it details my information as well as hers).