N-Europe

N-Europe London Meet - 16th July 2011

ReZourceman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think it would be fairest if we base the date around when dannyboy is in town. He is the one who is making the biggest trip. No matter what happens, not everyone will be able to attend, but for danny to come to the UK and not have a chance to meet us? For shame. N-E MEAT 2011 should have Danny as guest of honour.

Honestly, I think it would be fairest if we base the date around when dannyboy is in town. He is the one who is making the biggest trip. No matter what happens, not everyone will be able to attend, but for danny to come to the UK and not have a chance to meet us? For shame. N-E MEAT 2011 should have Danny as guest of honour.

I'll bring the Carlsberg then.

So it looks like everyone has dates they can fit it in but that date won't suit everyone, so why don't you all start being more specific about the times you can make.

Me? I can make any time. Probably spend ages trying to find where people are sitting like last time.

Specificity FTW! :p

As long as it's in a weekend, it shouldn't really be a problem for me. As I said, we haven't planned a set date yet, and since the reason for the trip is mostly the meet, we plan to aim for whatever date ends up being final. :)

Thanks, jay. :) But yeah, it shouldn't be much of a problem. I can hear my parents out if they have any preferences.

As long as it's in a weekend, it shouldn't really be a problem for me. As I said, we haven't planned a set date yet, and since the reason for the trip is mostly the meet, we plan to aim for whatever date ends up being final. :)

Your parents seem pretty awesome, Danny. :hehe:

I'm with jay, though kinda impressed Danny says his trip with parents are based around the meet, are you going to be bringing them also, Danny? :P

I think definitely try and work around far travellers though, so for now if you are travelling from overseas then make a point of it here and now with your dates.

To Irish and Scottish(cos I don't technically count you as overseas :p), if you are having to make crazy travel arrangements then also do the same, but we can't necessarily work it to everyone 100%.

I should be free all of June, but beyond that, I will be either in a position with very limited time (/first 6 days of July), otherwise engaged (21st celebrations 7th-12th) or working with 1 day off a week (I'll have to let you know on that one...)

I really want to make it this year, the last big one I was at, and the St Albans mini-meet, were both shits and giggles.

I'm with jay, though kinda impressed Danny says his trip with parents are based around the meet, are you going to be bringing them also, Danny? :P

Haha! No, as awesome as they are, that would just be awkward in every respect imaginable. :heh:

Basically I told my parents about wanting to go the annual meet in Hyde Park with my internet friends at least once in my life, and seeing as I graduated last summer, it seemed fitting to do it this year. I hadn't considered if I was going to travel with anyone, but since we were all on vacation in London a few years back and loved it, my parents wanted to grab the opportunity to go there again, if only just for a weekend. :)

poster99334131.jpg

There's a different between a paradox and optical illusions. In the top big triangle, the 2 triangular segments have different angle slopes...

Right, I'm going to do this. I'm going to do this because if I don't do this, nobody else will do this, so this is getting done right here and right now.

Saturday 16th of July

Fuck that, I can't make it. I say:

Saturday 2nd of July

So we should wait to make a date for when danny's available, but he's going to mate a date for when the meet's happenning?

I'd prefer to date a mate, though I have no expectations in that regard for the trip. ;)

Basically I've told my parents to give notice soon if there are any dates they either prefer or can't make, but as it looks now I/we don't have any plans or preferences for the summer as of yet. My own plan is to move out come July, so if we could try to avoid the end of June/beginning of July I really should be able to make any date.

... Meaning I'm wary of the date proposed by fish.

Hmm, well then how about the 23rd? Not at all because I totally just realised I might have other plans for the 16th.

Don't just be all like 'oo, not sure I can do that', suggest alternatives instead! Much easier if everyone knows when people CAN do, rather than can't do.