N-Europe

Resident Evil: Raccoon City

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it really does!

This had potential, pretty decent the concept, but man those are some truely crap characters! And the gameplay looks aweful.

Why didn't they make this much more focused, and make this Hunks game? and have you controlling him and 3 others like him... not going over the top with different teams/cloaking/stupid names/leather clad/dodgy accents.

It seems they're keen to just keep on ruining this story, building on the reinvention bollocks/characters Umbrella Chronicles started.

The only good thing about this are the Leon cutscenes!

• 8 months later...

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Triple Impact Trailer

We’ve just released the brand new Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Triple Impact Trailer which shows off the brutal triple threat combat between the Umbrella Security Service, US Spec Ops and zombies and B.O.W’s. Head over to the Capcom Europe Press Site to download the full horror as Raccoon City descends into hell.

Introducing the six members of the US Spec Ops team – Tweed, Dee-Ay, Harley, Willow, Shona and Party Girl. Sent into the ill-fated Raccoon City to determine the source of the mysterious T-virus outbreak the US Spec Ops team will use their elite skills and training to defeat the USS team and ensure the truth behind the outbreak is revealed.

Compete in single player campaign or team up with up to three friends and take on the role of a member of the crack USS squad and battle against all the opposing forces at play in Raccoon City. With the zombies and B.O.W’s adding chaos to the action and the return of favourite Resident Evil enemies, all roads will lead to hell when Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City releases on PlayStation 3 across PAL from March 23rd.

I know that it would be no RE: Outbreak (since that game was amazing and I'm still waiting for the day they make it HD for the 360 so I can buy instantly) but I do honestly think this holds promise.

Also, as Bryanee said, it will be awesome fighting actual zombies and lickers again, just like the good ol' days! I think I'll definitely buy this.

I've just pre-ordered this. I played it at GAMEfest last year, and it was actually quite fun. Ok, so it's really action-oriented, but it still fet like a Resident Evil game, but at the same time had a Left 4 Dead feel to it (which is really not a bad thing.)

Infact, my friends and I got 10 minutes worth of gameplay footage for it for our blog. Here it is, and sorry about the audio quality:

Also, my impressions of the demo after playing it (disclaimer: I may be hyping it a little too much...):

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... I still don't really understand how it can be made to fit into the series if it's a 'What If...' title, but it's all looking a lot more Resi focused now...

Hopefully there are different paths to the game (kinda like those in Resi 2/3) where by Leon doesn't necessarily die etc...

I think this game would be a lot better if it was just a HD remake of Resident Evil 2 and 3 with the Heroes and Villains online mode... The new Umbrella and Spec Ops characters look stupid and seem like a waste of time and money.
Have to agree.

The new characters are rediculous. If they wanted to make a squad based game they should have focused it around a backstory for HUNK.

I feel the same but I'm basically in the frame of mind that 'it'll have to do' in that it looks good, will probably be good fun and will tide everyone over rather nicely until Resi 6 and if the appeal doesn't last that long well... I'll just go back to playing Resident Evil Rvelations...

... not that I've acutally stopped playing that yet because Raid Mode is fantastic. :D

• 4 weeks later...