NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil: Revival

In this weeks Famitsu Capcom announced Resident Evil Revival for the 360 and PS3. At the moment it seems that the game contains both Code Veronica and Resident Evil 4. Everyone is assuming these will be HD ports and not remakes.

Even if this game does turn out to be a HD port it will still be a day 1 purchase for me.

R Evil 4 + HD + achievements/trophies = Gaming Heaven!:D

EDIT: Looks to be the case.

If you're looking for any additional details on Resident Evil Revival Selection aside from what we reported earlier in the day, you probably won't find any for the time being.

Our usual source for magazine leaks now has the magazine and has confirmed thatthe PS3 and Xbox 360 multiplatform title does indeed include two classic RE games: Resident Evil Code: Veronica Director's Cut and Resident Evil 4.

Both versions will appear in "HD remastered" form. The magazine apparently shows comparison pics between the two versions. For Resident Evil 4, the magazine confirms that the game will include Ada Wong's The Another Order scenario.

Aside from this, it looks like the magazine doesn't really say much. We're going to have to wait to see if Capcom has any additions planned in terms of Move/Kinect support or additional content.

The magazine lists development progress on the game with a "?" rather than a percentage. Release date and pricing are TBA.

Sounds great, have had a copy of Veronica for forever but not played it yet and only borrowed RE4 from a friend.

I just hope they don't do something silly and start changing major things...

Well, I've completed Resi 4 over 10 times, which is getting into the territory of a religious observance. I hope they do more to Code Veronica rather than just render it in HD visuals, since that game will be damn near unplayable with the control scheme it had for the Dreamcast and PS2 versions.

Resident Evil 4 with Achievements would indeed be huge win!

I love this generation of gaming / consoles. I love the fact that they re-release HD versions of some of the last generations best games :) Long may it continue too :)

HD Version of San Andreas WITH Achievements please Rockstar ;)

I'd still like a Gamecube REmake style port of Resident Evil 2. I didn't have a PS1 and it was so expensive on the N64 and GC, so I've never actually played right through RE2.

Well, I've completed Resi 4 over 10 times, which is getting into the territory of a religious observance.
Yeah likewise. I can count on one hand the games I've played through over and over the way I did Resi 4, to get every secret or try and finish it in record time (I think I finished RE4 in about 75 minutes once).

I have RE4 for the Wii. Only played two hours or so and never touched it again. Mistake?

Where the fuck is my RE6 Capcom?

Possibly being made by the team that makes the SOCOM series :/

At least according to rumors.

I have RE4 for the Wii. Only played two hours or so and never touched it again. Mistake?

One of the biggest mitakes of your life, tbh...

It's a videogame masterpiece. : peace:

Well that was somewhat dissapointing, I was expecting this to be a new game, with Revival meaning a new start.

I don't really understand the excitment for an HD port of Resi 4 and Code Veronica.

Code Veronica should be getting a REmake if anything, and Resi 4 has already been milked enough, it's too soon for yet another port... plus I don't really care to see one of my favourite games horrible overbloomed ala Resi 5.

Ah man, this is gonna be lame on the xbox 360 controller...the Wii mote has spoiled RE for me, it's too damn good!

Move players are in for a treat.

One of the biggest mitakes of your life, tbh...

That's probably an overstatement. Or is it? :p

It's a shame that I'm too busy with Final Fantasy VII at the moment. Ah well, my Wii doesn't run away...

Hm, certainly not as great as I was hoping, but about what I expected. A seriously lazy cash-in. On the plus side, this probably means a relatively short development time. I would just like to play Resi 4 again, but with the PS2/Wii content and achievements :)

So I bet despite this being on HD consoles it's probably actually using the PS2 assets instead of Gamecube? I'd like to see if people can find evidence of that.

So I bet despite this being on HD consoles it's probably actually using the PS2 assets instead of Gamecube? I'd like to see if people can find evidence of that.

If it is then I'm seriously disappointed, because for a start the Gamecube character model of Leon alone pushed twice as many pixels as the PS2 version did.

In the second picture... why's Leon wearing Elbow protectors?... also his character model doesn't look very good in that one.

I'm still hoping it'll look reasonable though... and at least being on Xbox 360 it'll be full widescreen, hated the fact that the Wii version didn't quite fill the screen :( although... I might end up buying the PS3 version for the move support...

... then again, achievments are tempting.

I'm still hoping it'll look reasonable though... and at least being on Xbox 360 it'll be full widescreen, hated the fact that the Wii version didn't quite fill the screen :( although... I might end up buying the PS3 version for the move support...

... then again, achievments are tempting.

Capcom port REmake,RE0,RECV to Wii and all didnt use the wii-mote so I dont think move suporrt will be added to these games.

People really want to buy this for achievements? :blank:

Yes... partly... because I know Resi 4 at least inside out and so if I'm going to be playing through it again then I'd rather have the achievements for doing so as an everlasting record of it, especially if there's some in there for say playing it on professional mode etc.

And now knowing that there will likely be no Move support, I'll definitely buy it on the Xbox 360... the wii version will still remain superior though due to its excellent control scheme but this would be worth me picking up if it's a budget title because I'm not as familiar with Code Veronica, and if enough people buy this then... hopefully they will make another similar compilation featuring REmake, 2 and Nemesis.

However what I'd really like more is Resident Evil 6 but... if Capcom need people to buy more remakes in order for that to happen then so be it.

I guess remakes are very few these days. *Sigh* Oh how I would love to see a RE2 remake that had as much effort as REmake on the Gamecube :(