N-Europe

Snake Dies After Biting Fake Boobs

Grazza

This irked me. Animals aren't there for us to muck about. Once a shop let me hold a 10ft boa constrictor on my own, and it never bit me.

article-1366202-0B2C9CD000000578-493_634x417.jpg

It should have been an alluring photoshoot between two of nature's beautiful creatures as a model wrapped herself in a snake.

But surgically enhanced Israeli model Orit Fox got more than she bargained for when the massive boa constrictor took objection to her over familiarity and reacted by biting into her breast.

However, it was the snake who came off worse because, while Ms Fox need a tetanus shot in hospital, the reptile later died from silicone poisoning.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1366202/Snake-dies-silicone-poisoning-biting-models-breasts.html#ixzz1GcGB4QEo

If Snake That Bit Model Died, It Wasn’t From Silicone Poisoning

After Israeli model Orit Fox was bitten on her surgically-enhanced breast by a snake, rumors began to spread that the serpent died because it was poisoned by silicone ingested from her breast implant. Several news sources reported the gossip as fact, but wildlife experts say it's impossible for a snake to die from biting a human breast – even one that's full of silicone.

"Snakes can eat some really sick animals and not contract mammalian diseases. So I have not heard of a snake getting sick or dying after biting a human," Mark Kilby, owner of the Luray Zoo and Luray Reptile Center in West Luray, Va., told Life's Little Mysteries.

But mostly, snakes aren't vampires. They don't suck when they bite. "I can't see the boa constrictor that bit that model getting any of the contents of the material from the implant, being silicone or saline, in its mouth to cause any ill effect to the boa," Kilby said.

After the bite, Fox was rushed to the Hillel Yaffe Medical Center in Hadera, Israel, and given a tetanus shot – if the snake had actually bitten through deep enough to puncture the implant, Fox would have needed much more serious medical care than just a shot. Fox reportedly stayed for observation and was soon released, so far suffering no long-term damage from the incident.

That the boa constrictor punctured an implant is also unlikely for the simple reason that snakes used during professional stunts, photo shoots and performances are often defanged.

A serpent's natural instinct is to strike when it feels threatened, so even a snake with missing fangs will still attempt to bite an enemy.