N-Europe

Why Walking Is Overrated

jayseven

Women with prams, old people, narrow pavements and fat people. Groups of people. Wandering children. A-boards, bollards, signs. Big issue sellers, charity beggars, leaflets and protestors. People who can't cross roads. Cars parked. Cars moving. Mobile phones, bad smells, road works. Tourists who think standing in a group on a street corner is ok.

Fuck this shit. I'm-a go sit on a doorstep and daydream.

Having one of those "fkinell" days where everything is just out of place and highlighted for errors.

Sitting down rocks.

Just think of it as a game.

These things are your obstacles.

I just nipped into town a second ago (something which I avoid on weekends) to buy some Maltesers to make some Malteser Brownies.

That's like getting to the top spot on a leader board.

Sitting on a bus is great! You can people watch from teh skies!

Diageo; yeah I find walking is really hard. Like, I got a C at GCSE for walking so thought I'd give it a go at A-level but it was just, like, soooo tricky.

Buses are pretty handy, but they tend to smell/quite expensive etc.

The only real time I dread walking is at meadowhall at work, when on a break, I only get about half an hour, so walking from one end to the other to grab some food can be a nightmare.

Sitting on a bus is great! You can people watch from teh skies!

Diageo; yeah I find walking is really hard. Like, I got a C at GCSE for walking so thought I'd give it a go at A-level but it was just, like, soooo tricky.

You were talking about it as if it was the worst thing ever.

Walking can be great. A chance to be by yourself, maybe listen to some music on an mp3 player. Time to think about things or not if you wish. Walking is great.

You were talking about it as if it was the worst thing ever.

Walking can be great. A chance to be by yourself, maybe listen to some music on an mp3 player. Time to think about things or not if you wish. Walking is great.

not in the middle of a busy town/city when inconsiderate shits just push past you, or some twit tries to sell you the Big Issue, or like just simply beg for money. I think that's what OP was aiming at.

not in the middle of a busy town/city when inconsiderate shits just push past you, or some twit tries to sell you the Big Issue, or like just simply beg for money. I think that's what OP was aiming at.

Errrr bit harsh on the big issue guy......

I started it, tbf. I generally like big issue sellers, and I think people who just walk past them and ignore them are very rude.

Diageo; I love a good, quiet, countryside walk. Hell, even a walk through brighton's backstreets just soaking the place up is fantastic, too. I generally don't mind walking, but as RA said, in the middle of a busy city centre, it's hellous.