NEurope

I agree, had to import that soundtrack. Got original ones for Ocarina and Majoras Mask as well, all great. How they managed to fit all them songs onto 1 disk, i do not know.

I must have a newer print, yours doesn't have the SD logo in the top right corner like mine.

I want the Majora's Mask one, but I can't find it anywhere :( I'm surprised they didn't do a Twilight Princess soundtrack.

No but as in, I thought there was a section of the 'scroll/book' or whatever you envisage the title sequence to be on, that portrayed the events in pictures. Is there?... and you're shown that bit later on?

And well no, unfortunately for me I don't think it was a plot twist.

Can't remeber how exactly, but I think I knew about it, probably as a result of internet spoilers/gaming mags in the build up to launch, I can't remember how exactly.

I've always thought how great it must have been to not know that fact.

Do you mean you were spoiled on the fact that you would travel to the submersed Hyrule Castle? I had no idea that was gonna happen until I reached it.

Do you mean you were spoiled on the fact that you would travel to the submersed Hyrule Castle? I had no idea that was gonna happen until I reached it.
I can't really remember what it was exactly. I'm not sure if I knew you would visit Hyrule at one point, or if it was just the fact that the sea's were likely on top of Hyrule, or what it was.

Either way, that part of the story didn't have any real surprise to it when it arrived.

Like I said, I was a bit surprised to see no mention of it in the Intro titles when I watched them back, as I had thought the flooding of Hyrule was at least covered in that, and thus at least hinting at what the Great Sea was, but seems I must have got that from somewhere else.

Edited by Retro_Link

A lot of people seem really let down by the fact you couldn't explore submerged Hyrule. Personally I can't say it bothered me in the slightest at the time, in fact I don't think it even entered my head that there may be another huge world to explore beyond the Great Sea.

I did like the subtle/eerie background music that played when you left the castle towards the barrier though

I must have a newer print, yours doesn't have the SD logo in the top right corner like mine.

I want the Majora's Mask one, but I can't find it anywhere :( I'm surprised they didn't do a Twilight Princess soundtrack.

IMAG0147.jpg

The Majoras Mask OST was horrendously hard to find a few years back, is it that hard/impossible to get hold of it these days?

It would be good if Nintendo offered these soundtracks for download on 3DS.

Would be sweet, but i don't see it happening. Would have been nice to see it as part of the 25th anniversary celebrations last year.

And to me, it felt like visiting old Hyrule was a waste. Only really served 2 purposes, and that was to either get the Master Sword or to go after Ganon. For me, there should have been something extra added to the old Hyrule. Like, instead of getting to the Earth and Wind Temples from the Sea, you travelled to them via old Hyrule. Along with whatever Sage needed awakening. You would need to collect them from their Island home still.

There could have been some life down there, ok maybe a few enemies along route to the Temple. After all, they were in Hyrule Castle looking for the sword as well. So maybe, they were sent down by Ganondorf to stop Link from getting to said Temple.

Just a thought really, it may have made a change from that annoying sailing.

Yeah nice idea. It might have been nice to have had the spirit sages awaken in Old Hyrule as well, and had them guide you to the entrance.

@Retro_Link: Maybe you're thinking about the part where we can see people praying to the Goddesses. When the twist arrives, they use that picture again.

The Majoras Mask OST was horrendously hard to find a few years back, is it that hard/impossible to get hold of it these days?

None of my usual import sites have it, it's either listed as out of stock/out of print or not even listed at all.

None of my usual import sites have it, it's either listed as out of stock/out of print or not even listed at all.

It's a shame, its a darn good soundtrack

Windwaker was a very charming game, its cel shaded graphics made the game look less serious than previous games in the series at first, but once I started playing it certainly had the same feel as the previous games. Link had character, the music was incredible, the environments were stunning and that triforce collection was a PAIN IN THE ASS :mad:

But seriously, Windwaker will always have a special place in my heart.

Nintendo, won't you show us your genius once more...? :weep:

You mean other than Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, endless ocean, Skyward Sword, SSBB, Kirby Epic Yarn and Xenoblade Chronicles then yes I agree Nintendo should show their genius once more.

Endless Ocean, Xenoblade and Donkey Kong County Returns weren't made by Nintendo though.

... Nor was SSBB really.

Endless Ocean, Xenoblade and Donkey Kong County Returns weren't made by Nintendo though.

... Nor was SSBB really.

Endless Oceans I take back, but the rest are Nintendo games, one way or another they are. Since you know Nintendo owns them, pays them and they do exactly what a typical Nintendo employer does.

They might be published by Nintendo, but Nintendo doesn't work on them! Do you think Nintendo had any influence on the design of Xenoblade? They didn't. Retro Studios would have also worked on DKCR themselves (even helping Nintendo out on the DK level design in MK3DS).

Grazza was saying he'd like to see some creativity coming from from Nintendo themselves.

They might be published by Nintendo, but Nintendo doesn't work on them! Do you think Nintendo had any influence on the design of Xenoblade? They didn't. Retro Studios would have also worked on DKCR themselves (even helping Nintendo out on the DK level design in MK3DS).

Grazza was saying he'd like to see some creativity coming from from Nintendo themselves.

But Nintendo DO show creativity, and yeah, Retro just decided to make Donkey Kong Country and Monolith just decided to make Xenoblades. Yep Nintendo never get involved.

You mean other than Donkey Kong Country Returns, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, endless ocean, Skyward Sword, SSBB, Kirby Epic Yarn and Xenoblade Chronicles then yes I agree Nintendo should show their genius once more.

Nope, sorry, all you've done is list some good games. None of them are that good. I'm talking about true genius, like Wind Waker. Nintendo knew that was a darn good idea and they didn't care whether people would "get it" or not.

"None of them are that good."

Well, that's it. Thread closed. No one's going to top that. Let's all pack our bags and go home.

Nope, sorry, all you've done is list some good games. None of them are that good. I'm talking about true genius, like Wind Waker. Nintendo knew that was a darn good idea and they didn't care whether people would "get it" or not.

Wind Waker was pretty, but come on now. Galaxy and Xenoblade in particular are two of the best games of the entire generation. Brawl was fantastic, as well.

Wind Waker was pretty, but come on now. Galaxy and Xenoblade in particular are two of the best games of the entire generation. Brawl was fantastic, as well.

Xenoblade... no, sorry, I'm just not on the same page with that one. I can appreciate many people enjoyed it, but I didn't. If you want to know what I think is a genius RPG, it's Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2.

Out of all the games killer kirby listed, the only one I could potentially see as "genius" is Super Mario Galaxy. I, however, consider it slightly (just slightly) overrated, as I believe it inferior to Super Mario Sunshine (the GameCube game is better becaue it has dual analogue and a more coherent theme, to name two reasons). Super Mario Galaxy's main innovations are gravity effects and running on the underside of planets, neither of which I liked. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game (as are some of the others in the list), I just can't put it up there with Wind Waker. To be fair, I don't think I could put any Mario game up there with a truly great Zelda like WW.

Fair enough, you think Brawl, Galaxy and Xenoblade were some of the best games of their generation (assuming you mean Wii/360/PS3 as opposed to GC/Wii)? Sure, I don't want to argue with that. What I'm saying is that I haven't played anything I personally consider genius since the GameCube/PS2/GBA. I'm expressing a disappointment with modern times, not bashing Nintendo. The reason I said "Nintendo, won't you show us your genius once more...?" is because if anyone can do it, it's them.

Anyway, it's all hugely subjective. For the record, I think Wind Waker is the last brilliant, AAA, 10/10 game Nintendo made, along with Metroid Fusion. It might not be a coincidence that both were released around the same time (2002 in Japan, 2003 elsewhere).

Sheep_eating.gif