NEurope
Dog-amoto

Dead Island

Think I remember hearing something about this a few years ago, with a small trailer but IGN have a preview on it today along with a proper announcement trailer. Looks like a more "realistic" approach to a zombie game - not too much in the way of guns and you just have to use what weapons you can lay your hands on, but not in the same style of Dead Rising

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1150440p1.html

Looks pretty decent, but as mentioned in the preview, will the first person melee approach wear thin after you've killed the 100th zombie with a baseball bat?

Time will tell, but the trailer looks awesome

Edited by Dog-amoto

Looks like this will be an awesome game, the general concept and direction they've gone in with it at least deserve some attention. I don't think it will sell particularly well though unfortunately.

I dunno, it seems that zombie things are pretty popular right now. Although if most consumers share my views, they're probably starting to get sick of it all by now.

Dead Island does look interesting though.

I loved the trailer!!!! Sets a very distinct tone which I hopes carries through to the game. At least it is trying to do something different from pretty much every other zombie game out there.

This could be badass. Zombie games before hand have not focused on any great story, but the way that trailer was put together, and the look of that setting in the screenshot - this could be something special. A sleeper hit maybe?

Although it depends if it's pumped through the hype machine.

Although it depends if it's pumped through the hype machine.

I don't think there is any chance of that.

That is the fucking coolest game trailer anyone has ever made.

Oh shi--

Would have been nice were it not for the shitty CG/VMV.

It was nice regardless.

Strangely I feel compelled to get this game but I do think it sounds very similar to dead rising... even though I've not played dead rising and don't really feel compelled to play it.

Sweet trailer anyway

They might as well call the game: "Left 4 Dead Rising"....

Whoa, this looks really really really cool!

Scratch that this looks fucking amazing.

Borderlands meets Left4Dead as well as some Fallout

Looks more like a first person dead rising game to me, only with hardly any zombies. I'm interested, but not excited. The first teaser video got me excited, actual gameplay is less impressive to me.

Looks more like a first person dead rising game to me, only with hardly any zombies. I'm interested, but not excited. The first teaser video got me excited, actual gameplay is less impressive to me.

Well as was stated, that's very early on and there will be hordes.

Co-op really interests me. I play left 4 dead 2 with friends most nights so I really want to see something good from the multiplayer.

As interesting as this looks, it is hugely different from what they talked about before

Guess I need to shelf my dream of a genuine zombie survival game for a longer time.

Not that I will skip this game, by law I need to get everything co-op related.

I watched Gametrailers walkthrough thingy and love the look of the game. I'm kinda hoping the plot and story for this will be amazing and its kinda of hard to get a feel for it completely as your only getting this vertical slice of the game. With any luck we will get more as the articles start to pour out as journo's get more time with it.

Although I do like the borderlands/dead rising/fallout3/left 4 dead mash up it seems to have.