NEurope
Dan_Dare

The same thing we do EVERY NIGHT

Evening forum!

Guess what I'm doing! I'll save you the trouble because it's so easy...

Yep! Watching tv downloads, playing some games and trolling rez posting on here.

and I'm bored. Massively, brain numbingly bored. I wasn't in doing this, I'd probably be either at the pub (yay for wasting money!) or playing Catan (Ok, that's awesome but besides the point)

The point is that My Routine Is Killing Me

Robyn.jpg

and I need something to do.

I was thinking I need something like a book group...but I'm not sure how to find one. Google has come up FAIL, as has Gumtree. Even if I did find any evidence of such a pastime in Sheffield, most book groups are more adult affairs and I'm not sure anyone in their mid twenties does that kind of thing.

so there's that.

I think this is quickly becoming a rant, but I need new stuff to do with my time, I need a way to find it. I need ideas, damn it. Come on internet!

Robyn win.

Routine loss.

Start a music career. That's what I'm doing these days.

Or take up photography/climbing/Ice dancing/drugs.

Most societies at Sheff Uni are open to anyone of any age, you should check in there to see if they have anything going -- if not you might be able to set one up - either official or not. An official one would require a board of students to be on teh committee (whereby you'd be the 'silent partner' :P), so if you flyer the union building and whatnot to see if anyone's interested, then bish-bash et cetera! Picketing the student line is your best bet for the yoof.

I joined jugglesock (as you know), and learned that teapots (Uni's version) is open to anyone, students or not, so I'm pretty much basing my assumption on that.

I also checked out a chess club that seemed decent, and there was a go club that I found - but never got into go enough.

BTW my pr0 google skills got this; sheffield reading groups, VOX book club (not been updated for a month so you're probably best emailing them) and - oh look! Sheff Uni's book soc facebook page!, you'd do well to message them to see if it's open to aluminati alumni.

Personally - about to hit the 50 hour mark with fallout new vegas, found a bar that does £1 pints on monday nights and am busy working on my working life to take up all this fucking free time I have.

Do something unexpected.

Tumblr numbs the pain when I'm too lazy to do that.

Me toooooooo. What i do is work as many hours as possible at my boring job - to at least get paid for boringness.

But i want to... be... creative. Or... something.

Or i want to do karate! Yes. But i'm scared someone will kick me wrong.

We live around the corner, but you never come to see us!

Or bring back the books you've borrowed from me

Come see NLMG with me on Monday!

Or just move down here, lots going on. And I'm here. Brucey Bonus!

Incidentally I just watched Robot Chicken and Pinky & the Brain were on there.

Edited by Ashley

Your life sounds like my life

Me three. I feel like I'm in a rut. I have literally no excuse, I'm at uni! I'm supposed to be off doing zaney things and going clubbing every night! Instead I am being poor, doing art and whatching TV with the flatmates. At least it's good TV and I'm enjoying it. But still, seems a waste.

Me three. I feel like I'm in a rut.

I thought life was just a series of ruts? And the only thing you could hope for was to find the rut that fits you best.

Watch Comedy Rainbow and get inspiration either by what to do or not do with your life. :)

You're already my candle in the dark, buddy.

{I'd actually be stunned if that were the official cover. So anti-cliche, yet still stunning to look at.}

I'm in this situation too. Mid/late 20's and not keen on drinking as a means to have a social life. Passive entertainment is fucking this world right up but even though it can be awesome it's all about a balance.

I've posted a lot on here about this previously and have come to the conclusion that night classes and random pub quizzes are all I have at the moment.

I'd take a night class. My bro met his woman at one! Gotta be one in the win column there.

I'm so scared of lacking foward momentum.

Obvs atm I'm fine.

Everything boils down to this though. I'm terrifed of the metaphorical concept of 1920's Richmond.

Never seen that clip. But it did resonate with me. I remember a lovely quote from The Departed which gives me strength:

Frank Costello: I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me."

Following that mentality is key.