NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

I'm pretty sure all Amazon orders will go through Home Delivery Network, regardless of the shipping option you choose; the device's value necessitates a courier service. I wouldn't be surprised if Super Saver still got you release day delivery, although I've gone for First Class just to be sure.

Make calls over Skype via 3G or Wifi through your PS Vita and your Official PlayStation? In-Ear Headset with Microphone.

Oh fuuuuck, looks like I'm getting the 3G one. I can't be arsed with the 24 month plans Japan seem to stick students with despite only being out there for just less than 11.

Oh wait, I'll still need a Docomo sim, shit.

I'm sorely tempted to order one, the Amazon deal is very tempting along with a sly copy of Uncharted.

Hmmm.

I keep nearly cancelling my order. Nothing to do with the Vita itself, I just always get this way when spending large amounts of money on one thing and always end up looking at smaller stuff I want that I could get a load of.

I keep nearly cancelling my order. Nothing to do with the Vita itself, I just always get this way when spending large amounts of money on one thing and always end up looking at smaller stuff I want that I could get a load of.

Don'ty cancel man - you obviously weighed up the pro's and cons when you placed the order. You'd kick yourself if you cancelled now (then again you could be laughing your arse off if the price drops dramatically in a month or two). :angry::o

I convinced myself before to wait, not to wait for a price drop (which may never happen) but for general gaming and money reasons (if I really wanted to I could get it sooner but hey).

I'm thinking late April/May I will probably purchase. I defiantly will, it's just a matter of when.

Don'ty cancel man - you obviously weighed up the pro's and cons when you placed the order. You'd kick yourself if you cancelled now (then again you could be laughing your arse off if the price drops dramatically in a month or two). :angry::o

To be honest, weighing up the pros and cons for me it would probably bring me out on the cons side. I just act like a little kid with this stuff and want something new. Its the reason I was burnt with the original PSP (imported from Japan on release) and the 3DS.

The only thing thats keeping my preorder at the moment is my excitement for playing Persona 3 (which I could just get for the PS2) and looking forward to Persona 4 The Golden.

My original plan was to wait until E3 to see how well Sony supported it between now and then, and also see what they had planned for the future.

Nice doubles vid from Virtua Tennis 4 :grin:

Looking forward to some of this online from Wednesday with those getting it!!

The only thing thats keeping my preorder at the moment is my excitement for playing Persona 3 (which I could just get for the PS2) and looking forward to Persona 4 The Golden.

Perhaps the vid below will convince you to keep your order! I know you want this too!

Nice Tennis clip there mate however Golf is more my thing - love the slo-mo putts on display here.

Ive never liked golf but there's just something about games like Everybody's Golf and Mario Golf that's really fun.

Does it have an RPG mode with tournaments 1-on-1's, stat building, practice modes and the ability to walk around clubhouses talking to people?

Because that's how you make a golf game.

Ive never liked golf but there's just something about games like Everybody's Golf and Mario Golf that's really fun.

I remember enjoying Mario Golf way back on N64. I did briefly get Everybody's Golf on PS3 but I don't think I really given it a chance and sold it... (I seem to remember Cooky, loving me... and then hating me for it!

I think it's @Cookyman mission now in life to get everyone to love golf games on PS3/Vita! :p

You know me too well!

Does it have an RPG mode with tournaments 1-on-1's, stat building, practice modes and the ability to walk around clubhouses talking to people?

Because that's how you make a golf game.

Hope this helps!

Online Multiplayer - There are several Online Modes featured for Everybody's golf . Some of which are currently unavailable and will be released in upcoming updates. Currently the game supports an Online Lobby system with the Grade Tournament system featuring only Grade Free rounds of up to 30 players, but even though it is Grade Free it still records wins and participation details. For those without the time to play online or would like to play at their own pace there is the Daily Tournaments option. Compete with everyone else in three tournaments *everyday: 9H Out, 9H In and 18H round. The results are given out the next day and you can see where you rank with everyone else in the golf world.

Also enter an extensive interactive lobby where you can wander around communicating with other players

There will also be a variety of daily tournaments online.

I remember enjoying Mario Golf way back on N64. I did briefly get Everybody's Golf on PS3 but I don't think I really given it a chance and sold it... (I seem to remember Cooky, loving me... and then hating me for it!

Yeah I threw my dummy out the pram after that incident!

Actually, I was talking about all offline stuff. Like the brilliant handheld Mario Golf games.

Nintendo are rubbish for not having Mario/Mii Sports Tennis and Golf 3DS out there already/as launch titles.

Games like those are the perfect portable/handheld games.

Edited by Retro_Link

Actually, I was talking about all offline stuff. Like the brilliant handheld Mario Golf games.

Yes that and tennis were fantastic on GBC. The rpg side of stuff was brilliant!

In other news I played on vita the other day and loved it! Stardust is just brilliant like its big brother! Also played FIFA and the touch screen shooting is a mother fucking revelation!

Can you play online doubles?

That looks like a pretty diminutive YES :)

I've ordered with play. I'm presuming there is absolutely no chance of it coming tomorrow, but anyone know their history for it arriving on the day?

We were talking about this in another thread I think but Play's delivery times have gone downhill since they were bought but I dont know about preorders.

NOt too fussed to be honest but it's always nice to get things as soon as you can. My mates coming over Wednesday night for football and a few games, wanted to check both handhelds out to see which one to get. I did say both, but if only one I'd be surprised if it wasn't the 3DS. But this machine does make a good first impression.

It's a shame ShopTo don't have any good offers. They got the 3DS to me two days early.