N-Europe

Modern Warfare 3

Murr

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The single player will always be the biggest draw for me in a game. Unless the multiplayer is local then I rarely play it for that long. I dont really like multi unless im in the same room as the person, otherwise I feel as though I may as well just be playing with bots.

I very rarely/never play games by myself online. I'm always playing via Live with my brother and/or sister. Voice chat all the way.

Anyone cheap supermarket deals happening for this?

Probably... might be able to find out what Tesco might be doing with it today but then again maybe not as I saw an advert in the paper for it stating midnight launch but no mention of any deal...

... which doesn't mean that there won't be one either, there could be but for something as big as this they would usually advertise deals in advance.

Apparently it will be £25/26 at Tesco if you buy some points with it (ie, 2100 MS points for £17)

I can confirm that the above deal is indeed correct and should be nationwide, just to give you an idea of stock levels our store alone has about 400+ copies (supposedly) so stock shortage shouldn't be an issue though I expect we will sell a good few at midnight. :)

I dont even like voice chat really, always feel weird while using it (dont know why seeing as its just like a phone) and there are just too many complete tossers playing online.

I just have the headset on in a private chat lobby so I can't hear anyone else! Works really, really well.

I can confirm that the above deal is indeed correct and should be nationwide, just to give you an idea of stock levels our store alone has about 400+ copies (supposedly) so stock shortage shouldn't be an issue though I expect we will sell a good few at midnight. :)

How much are you selling the Hardened edition for? And ample stock for everyone?

Yeah thats a good idea I guess. I think the main thing for me is actually being able to see people and their reactions and not just hear them.

Yeah I get where you're coming from. We play in the same team as opposed to against each other so we talk tactics, where the opposition team are etc.

We've played on split-screen on the same team and TVs side-by-side and it doesn't really make any difference. You're always too busy to look at the person when you're talking. The only benefit of being together is that you can look at the other screen to get another view of the situation!

I got my copy :D paid about £13.50 for it with the deal + discounts...

... now to leave it on the shelf until I've completed Sonic Generations!

What? :blank:

Gotta get my priorities straight. :wink:

I played for around an hour on multiplayer last night when I got it.

Hard to say what I think of it just yet as I don't know the levels so I'm getting killed from people hiding in places I didn't know existed. I did have a few good games though and was enjoying it towards the end.

-The aiming system doesn't feel quite as sharp as Black Ops or MW2 but that may be down to my settings.

-I really like the new killstreak system, especially for support as even if you do die you carry on your streak and help out your team.

-Demolition can't be played until level 8 which was a pain in the arse!

-The levels seem OK so far from what I've played; again it's hard to say until I get to know them properly.

-Loads of people running about with small machine guns all over the place like happened at the start of BO, this will go down as people get to know the game more so can pick them off before they get near you

-The weapon unlock system seems to be better than BO/MW2. You get a level for each gun, as you use it more you unlock different attachments.

-Perks are unlocked as you level up. Not too sure how you get Pro on the perks yet.

-As per usual, no one actually goes for the objective and just goes for their own kills

Finished the campaign earlier, really enjoyed it. It was sooooo much better than Battlefield 3's effort. I've also dabbled with the Survival mode, which is better than I thought it would be.

Strangely my Shopto order didn't arrive. Luckly I was getting a copy for my nephew, so he can have that one when it eventually turns up, while i'm playing the copy I got from Tesco's, which was gonna be his. :D

So I can't get COD Elite because I'm on a family pack. Tesco didn't have any Hardened editions in so I got the standard one and therefore no Elite code. Absolute joke. I have the required points in my account but it won't let me spend them.

Only option is to leave the family account and sign up then, but then have to wait 5 days to be added back into the family subscription.

Finished the campaign earlier, really enjoyed it. It was sooooo much better than Battlefield 3's effort. I've also dabbled with the Survival mode, which is better than I thought it would be.

How long did it take you to complete the campaign then? I heard its the shortest one yet and can be done in about 5 hours.

Absolutely loving the multiplayer; I think it's the best yet. Lots of brilliant additions and tweaks means there are a myriad class permutations. The shooting just feels tighter and more satisfying than any rival FPS out there. Good shit :).

Your both tempting me into buying this sooner than I thought!

I LOVED MW & MW2, I mean just on multiplayer I clocked in over 4 days worth on MW2 and got all cheevos on both games. Just didn't get excited for this one coming up 2 release. I also really enjoyed single player for both!

A friend has got it on rent so I might be trying out his copy soon so I can get a taste for it myself!

How long did it take you to complete the campaign then? I heard its the shortest one yet and can be done in about 5 hours.

It took a little over 5 hours but that's with me wasting time getting intel and various achievements. If you just play through it normally you could have it finished in about 4 and a half hours.

I still haven't touched competitive online multiplayer, been having far too much fun with Spec Ops and Survival modes, especially the latter.

EDIT: Finished veteran difficulty this morning, it was stupidly easy. I highly recommend just going through the game on veteran on your first playthrough if your after the achievement/trophy.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!