NEurope
Happenstance

Lethal Weapon Reboot

Warner Bros. is rebooting its Lethal Weapon franchise, sans original series stars Mel Gibson and Danny Glover.

Deadline reports that the studio and Lethal Weapon producer Joel Silver have hired former cop-turned-screenwriter Will Beall to script the reboot. Beall also wrote the period LAPD pic Tales From the Gangster Squad for Warners.

"Beall pitched a take that maintains the tone of the original -- a hard R-rated edgy street cop movie," according to Deadline. (Shane Black scripted the 1987 classic and Richard Donner directed all four installments in the series.) Warners had tried to make a Lethal Weapon 5 a few years ago until that imploded.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1145038p1.html

......Oh yay, another reboot

Yeah this is lame! Why not just create a new 'Street Cop' film/franchise.

Lethal Weapon isn't gonna mean anything to the younger audience nowadays, and the original audience will go in expecting a crappy reboot.

It'll surely be another complete non-event like the Miami Vice remake/reboot, whatever that crap was I didn't see, or care about!

Wtf!

There is no need to reboot this. Just make a new film based on something similar but call it something different!

It's not like Spiderman, Batman or Star Trek where they cant call it something else because it is based on a specific background origin!!!

This is a shit idea.

As others have said, just make another buddy cop film and call it something else. There's no need to tarnish the Lethal Weapon name.

I'm going to get Danny Glover on this!

Worst. Idea. Ever!

...or at least one of them. It's like trying to reboot Die Hard, you just can't do it! There's some movies that shouldn't be touched, ever, and this is one of them. I knew Hollywood were running out of ideas but DAMN they're scraping the barrel now!

I don't mind. The originals aren't going anywhere. They're not going to be erased from the histories.

Die Hard 4.0 was actually my favourite.

Basically, this pretty much sums up how I feel about reboots when there's no need...

I read the title as "Lethal Weapon Robot". That's all I wanted to say.

Now that I would watch.

I don't mind. The originals aren't going anywhere. They're not going to be erased from the histories.

Dude...What? What the fuck is wrong with you?

No...no....aaaaaaaah FUCK OFF please no no no. FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD!!!! Yeah words can't describe my hate for this news.

Dude...What? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Maybe I had low expectations. The set pieces were absolutely immense, though. Also it had such a pace to it and the whole fight with the Asian chick was just brilliant. The script was pretty snappy, too. The whole thing was outrageous without pushing me too far. It doesn't take itself seriously at all, which I get less from the other three and of all the films it's the one I constantly grin through. Love it.

I know you're joking but please don't write something like that ever again. Some subjects just aren't suitable for humour yet. The world still needs to heal.

I'm not joking and honestly, I had no idea there was so much hate for it.

I'm not joking and honestly, I had no idea there was so much hate for it.

I have no response.

Looking forward to playing Zelada OoT for the first time.

SuperStock_1826R-12514.jpg

Maybe I had low expectations. The set pieces were absolutely immense, though. Also it had such a pace to it and the whole fight with the Asian chick was just brilliant. The script was pretty snappy, too. The whole thing was outrageous without pushing me too far. It doesn't take itself seriously at all, which I get less from the other three and of all the films it's the one I constantly grin through. Love it.

My problem was that it just didn't feel like Die Hard to me. It was an OK action movie- preposterous, funny, entertaining enough though it was, It just didn't feel like part of the same series that had Willis crawling through air ducts, getting his ass whupped and hounded by well heeled badshits. Not one bit.

Well, yeah, but what did you expect? As far as I'm concerned it made total sense within the timespan.