N-Europe

Formula 1 2011

Retro_Link

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm probably thinking of going.

And should I go... Walk to the Ferrari Store anyone?

Could you be any more less specific? ahah 'probably thinking'.

But yeah Ferrari Store, thought you'd never ask :hug:

Also looks like Turkey is being dropped next year due to fee's. I'm saddened by this; sure the grandstands are empty but it's one of the better circuits. I wish we had a track EXACTLY like that where it rains a fair bit, would make for some great racing.

haha, ok well unless anything else comes up and money's ok, I'll go.

Yeah Turkey always did seem the likely option to make way for the US GP, and I think this price rise is Bernies way of giving them the hint. It's a shame, because like you say it's a great circuit, there are FAR worse, and there are others that are just as empty on race day, but oh well.

I have to say I'm super pleased by this news. The way Group Lotus seem to be heading with their road cars and their attitude towards F1 has really displeased me of late, whereas the Team Lotus mentality seems to fit far more with what Lotus is actually all about and where the fans/buyers of those cars want to be.

A lightweight/cheap sportscar maker backed up by a plucky little F1 team is a great thing for both the sport and road cars in general. If this thing pans out with them making the 7 and potentially a decent challenger for the Elise I can be almost certain my next car will be a Caterham.

A racing legend gone before his time, it's truly a sad thing. Nowheredays he'd still be with us and we should be thankful F1 has come on leaps and bounds in terms of driver safety.

With the PSN downtime, I decided to pull F1 2010 out of it's case and into my PS3. Continued my career in Montreal. Practice I was finishing round 14th place, not bad for a Virgin I must say, Qualifying I was on the soft tyre, pole each session so I started from pole, I was always fearful of the long straights as the Virgin is easily outclassed by the likes of Mclaren and Red Bull. I held the lead for about half a lap before Webber got through, decided to pit a little early round lap 4 (Of a 12 lap race) to avoid the pit lane bug, came out behind Webber who pitted a lap earlier. While he struggled in traffic I managed to get ahead at the hairpin. Alonso managed to get out in front and was the big winner after the pit stop phase, I was still second and going pretty well, Petrov couldn't make the inroads and held Vettel up nicely, however I made a mistake which got Vettel ahead of Petrov and a few laps from the end he took 2nd off me, so I was trying to hold on to 3rd, at the hairpin on the penultimate lap I went wide and lost part of my front wing, Petrov and Rosberg managed to overtake as i got back on the racing line, so I was thinking I was going to miss out on a podium which sucked after all my hard work, but no way was i giving up, a quarter of the way on the final lap, I braved a move up the inside of Rosberg at turn 7, now I was 4th and Petrov wasn't far ahead either, we made it to the hairpin and outbraked Petrov and took him up the inside and squeezed him into the barrier so he couldn't get the power down and I managed to fight my way to a podium, boy the adrenaline was flowing in those final few laps.

F1 2011 is gonna get even more complicated when it comes out that's for sure.

Lots of Senna love over the last 24 hours, very understandably. This was the BBC evening newscast that I watched, May 1st 1994 burned into my memory, along with the incident itself.

I was young at the time, the enormity of the man and his loss only becoming fully apparent to me later on but I remember it because of the obvious drama and outpouring of tragedy afterwards. I think I can recall Murray Walker commenting with Jonathan Palmer, thinking that he could see Senna’s head move inside the smashed cockpit. If it did, I never saw it.

Vettel crashed in P1.

Alonso being pushed into the pit lane in P2....

was a wet P1, but a bit of reliability problem with the Ferrari?

Yeah hydraulic issues apparently :/

Mercedes look quicker :D Desperate to see michael get on the podium. Also, managed to find this brilliant video that Renault did for some promotional filming (although this footage is taken from Bruno Senna's phone):

Was Turkey this green last year? If I didn't know what race it was this weekend it would prob have taken me a moment to figure it out. Grass FTW!

Roll on the F1 weekend, it's been too long!

Edited by Retro_Link

Vettel and Webber lock out the front row, only needing to do 1 run each. Rosberg in 3rd place followed by Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Petrov, Schumacher, Heidfeld and Massa who didn't set a time.

Talk about confidence, especially when they went out with those who went for 2 runs.

Would say it was disappointing to see Kobayashi have technical issues and have to start at the back of the grid but it just means we'll get to see if frantic overtaking :D Should make for an interesting race for him. Perhaps more so than at the front.

Boring!

Well done to Rosberg, hope Hamilton gets a chance somewhere to take the fight to Vettel, but I think Vettel may just walk this one.

Who knows, maybe Rosberg will take the fight to Vettel. Clearly got the pace to do it. If he gets a good enough start and can keep in close to Vettel either down the hill or into the hairpin, it could be interesting.

Pretty hyped for today! Red Bull have a massive advantage in quali because they can use the DRS in corners where others can't due to having extra downforce, race pace wise I think it's going to be much closer today.

Kamui is gonna be amazing today i just know it ;)

Ferrari finally getting a podium. Win 3 of 4 for Vettel, he just doesn't like he can be touched right now, he's never really made to push for his win unless he loses it at the first corner, he's just that much better a position than everyone else, he has the race pace, the qualifying pace, the fastest car and a great set of people in his pits.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Great race that. Plenty of overtaking and a lot of pit stops (understandable when you see just how degraded the tyres are on some of the cars).

Vettel, a flawless race. Do think there needs to be someone challenging him, as his from pole to finish wins are getting a little tedious given just how much action is occurring in the mid field (which is really where some of the best driving was and has been coming from so far this year with the younger talent). I have nothing against him as he's clearly a good driver but it'd be nice to see a bit more of a challenge coming from behind for the 1st place.

Disappointed Kobayashi didn't finish higher than 10th (was 5th at one point and was then languishing down in 17th for some reason) but still a great drive to get up there. Similarly, Buemi did well. He's certainly coming into his own now.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!