Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Willow- Whip My Hair

Beast

I find myself singing the chorus randomly. It's really catchy yet crap yet good, it's quite weird. I also find it weird how Will Smith's daughter sounds like a chipmunk Rihanna too.

What do you guys think of the song? I can already guess...

It's in no way crap.

This is infinitely more threadworthy than Matt Cardle.

One of the best pop songs of the year. :bowdown: MMMMMMMMhmmm

Don't let haters keep me off my grind

Keep my head up I know I'll be fine

Keep fighting until I get there

When I'm down and i feel like giving up i think again

AH WHIP MAH HURR BACKENFURTH

:bowdown:

I have nothing against young people producing music when it's performed this sincerely and with attitude. Justin Beiber and the Disney sluts can fuck off pretending to be adults with lives and loves and angst(even Miley <3) WILLOW IS HEEEEEUUUUUUURRRRRRR to show cunts how to do it.

ICON OF A GENERATION

I don't really like it yet I do but I can't stop listening to it (now I understand how Paj feels with Ke$ha :p). I find myself singing "IwhipmyhairbackandforthIwhipmyhairbackandforth" randomly, it's quite annoying yet I like it. I'm sure it'll pass soon, lmao.

I do think the song is good and I think she could go far. She's already number 2 in the top 40 already.

Dazz.

Is this a Queen Willow thread or not? We have strict rules against generic music threads.

[but yes, BEP's new song is a crime against music. It's laughable. It's like a parody of the current trend of "take a famous riff EVERYONE knows/finds catchy" + "disco beat" = success. Eurghrgrhgrhr.]

BACK TO QUEEN WILLOW.

Dazz.

Is this a Queen Willow thread or not? We have strict rules against generic music threads.

[but yes, BEP's new song is a crime against music. It's laughable. It's like a parody of the current trend of "take a famous riff EVERYONE knows/finds catchy" + "disco beat" = success. Eurghrgrhgrhr.]

BACK TO QUEEN WILLOW.

What have I created??? lol.

But yeah, it interests me because she sounds like a chipmunk ghetto version of Rihanna and yet the song is like her latest songs she releases. I think I'm going to like it and just roll with whipping my non-existant hair back and forth. :D

You can tell she's Will Smith's daughter, lmao. But yeah, it's better than some shit that's out right now, such as...

Seriously, that song really irritates me. Why do people like this???

i dig the beat and all but o my golly the lyrics are horrible

i mean like seriously, some of the worst lyrics i have ever heard

ever.

"i was born to get wild

thats my style

if you didnt know that

well, baby, now you know, now"

Edited by or else you will DIE

Cube!

Umbrella and Whip My Hair are perfectly successful, entertaining pop songs. Rihanna has done better obviously, but SRSLY. You've clearly not been exposed to most chart music if Umbrella is genuinely the worst song ever to you. :p

However...The Tme (which is one of the worst excuses for a song I've ever heard) is enjoyable on a night out, due to the beat. But every song has that beat now...

Cube!

Umbrella and Whip My Hair are perfectly successful, entertaining pop songs. Rihanna has done better obviously, but SRSLY. You've clearly not been exposed to most chart music if Umbrella is genuinely the worst song ever to you. :p

OK, so "worst" isn't the best word. "Most annoying", perhaps.

And I have to suffer Radio 1 in work, which mostly plays awful chart music.

There are worse songs than 'Umbrella' but then...

...there are songs that are a lot better too.

I think what annoyed me most about it was - similarly to Cube's reasoning - at the time of it playing, the radio at work was stuck on '1' and it just seemed to be horribly overplayed like a lot of pop music tends to be.

However there are a good few songs from Rihanna that I actually enjoy and wouldn't tire of as easily.

Edited by S.C.G
misplaced 'i' omg... >>

Hmm. I guess work playing songs over and over would drive you insane. Fair enough.

I like

/she's interesting/a good rapper/very up-an-coming/awesome, but her actual album is only OK (a bit sellout-to-radio I think, not much awesome rappping as I'd hope), but my flatmate PLAYS IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. I asked for the album for the xmas, but I don't even want it anymore...hear it blasting through crappy speakers every dinnertime/washing up dishes/from her room (beside mine)...

It could be worse. But I understand overexposure to pop music can be detrimental to your mental health. :(

I think what annoyed me most about it was - similarly to Cube's reasoning - at the time of it playing, the radio at work was stuck on '1' and it just seemed to be horribly overplayed like a lot of pop music tends to be.

Radio stations ALWAYS overplay songs. That's why I don't listen to radio.

As for "I Whip My Hair", the verses are pretty good in the classic catchy pop song style, BUT THE CHORUS OH MY GOD THE CHORUS IT'S TERRIBLE PLEASE KILL ME AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!