N-Europe

SSX (2012)

Dante

Demo out 22nd.

SSX Fans Can Challenge Their Friends’ Best Times & Scores in the Online & RiderNet Enabled Demo

The SSX demo is coming and we’re so excited to finally get it into your hands!

When is it coming?*: Tuesday February 21st (XBL Worldwide, PSN in North America)

Wednesday February 22nd (PSN in Europe)

The demo will be available until March 20, 2012 so be sure to download as soon as it’s available.

What game mode does the demo feature?

The online & RiderNet enabled demo will allow SSX fans to get a taste of one of the modes in the SSX online feature set – Explore Mode. Mimicking the Explore experience that will be in the full game, as players post race times and trick scores in the demo, ghosts of those runs will be uploaded to the SSX server. These ghosts are exact replicas of a player’s run, from the line that they took, to the tricks that they performed. RiderNet will recommend challenges as players take on their friends’ ghosts or let their own ghosts chalk up wins and losses, even while they’re away from their console.

What events can I play in the demo?

? Two SSX tutorials featured in the full game:Skyboarding – an aerial tutorial where you learn the basic aerial controls and grabs as you freefall; and Ground Tutorial – a track designed to whip you into shape as you master jumps, grinds, spins, boost, combos and everything else that you’ll need as you attempt to defy reality!

? Two unique events for SSX fans to experience:JT2, a race event in the Rockies and Bulldog, a trick event in New Zealand.

? View the Online Producer Video Series:Explore + RiderNet; Global Events + Geotags

Who do I get to play as?

You’ll start off playing as Zoe Payne, but if you ‘Refer a Friend’ to the demo you’ll unlock Mac Fraser as a playable character.

Are there any other SSX features from the full game that I’ll be able to experience?

? SSXGlobe– Use the full google-earth inspired globe to navigate the Massive World

? RiderNet– The SSX recommendation engine will be fully functioning and will recommend challenges to you

? SSXSoundtrack– A few choice cuts from the full soundtrack will be available in the demo.

Why did you decide to feature Explore?

Glad you asked, here is SSX Creative Director, Todd Batty to answer that –

“When crafting the online experience for this new SSX, we wanted to design something that took into account people's busy schedules and addressed the issue of not always having friends to play online with you at the same time” says Todd Batty, Creative Director, SSX. “The Explore game mode, which allows you to challenge your friends’ times and scores on your own schedule, is one part of that online design.”

Well then Mr. Batty, what’s the other part of the SSX online design that we’ll be able to experience in the full game?

“The other half of the SSX online design, Global Events, is built around the idea of constant ongoing live tournaments against real people in real-time, with the added flexibility of letting you drop in and out at your convenience. We think that when any gamer gets their hands on SSX they are going to have a lot of fun with our modern take on this classic franchise."

Looks good :) The demo will probably make or break whether I get this game though. I want them to bring back the frequent speech that you hear the characters to say ingame. Miss hearing lines like Moby wanting a cup of tea after landing a trick.:grin:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just kidding, yes money, you don't need one to play demos but you do within the first week. It's out next week anyway so meh.

?35 at ASDA with release day delivery btw. According to HUKD "BATTLE10" is meant to bring it down to about ?32 but it wouldn't work for me earlier.

Then you really, really missed out on SSX 3 and SSX Tricky!

Looking forward to the demo of this tonight :) I have very high expectations though! The last SSX game I played, On Tour, was pretty disappointing.

Edited by Shorty

Loved the demo of this. I'm ashamed to admit it took quite a few tries to get Gold on the demo track :p The controls have improved for the better, I think. The demo tells you a couple of times that an SSX vet can change the controls to a classic scheme from the options, but I decided to give the new style a go and picked it up very quickly.

Racing against rival/friends ghosts worked really well. The only person from my friends list who had set a time was Jordan, and it made me determined to beat him. 'Gold', 'Silver' and 'Bronze' medals were awarded by beating certain highlighted racers, and both those and your online-rivals were followed by subtle coloured light trails so that you could see the route they were taking. It's pretty sweet.

I really want to see more of the game though. I'm worried from screenshots that all the routes are going to be pretty samey. There doesn't seem to be any of the cool city areas from SSX3 that gave you barriers and windows to smash through, and brief indoor areas to keep things fresh.

Despite that, just going from the demo it really feels like the next-gen SSX I was hoping for :D

Coming from someone who has not played a snowboarding game since the days of 1080, the demo was great. Setting the RS stick for tricks made things easier for myself to get used to. Recommended a friend and unlocked Mac as well, which was nice indeed. Honestly, it's a good thing i'm getting this next week from Shopto.

Oh, and like Shorty i also had Jordan's time to beat. Came within 20 seconds of it, Bronze medal. Determined to beat it i think.

I tried the demo of this for half an hour, I have to say I'm not really feeling this. Never played an SSX game before and I have a feeling that given my preferences for a slightly more controlled, racing focused snowboarding game, I didn't miss out on much. I'm not really a fan of the endless crazy tricks as I just end up button mashing and the snowboarders themselves feel a little too weightless for my liking. That said, the online integration of thing looks to be awesome.

It does what it does very well and I can see why it has the fanbase it does, I'm just not particularly crazy about it.

Quite enjoyed the demo, certainly feels like a next gen SSX title. I liked being able to use the classic controls but may give the new controls a go as well, I'm used to SSX on GameCube and admittedly I'm missing the controller already compared to the Dualshock because of the placement of the control stick.

It does look like they have made the game slightly easier in the fact that tricks execute a lot quicker meaning less chance of bailing but also you don't fall off the edge when grinding. Finally, I feel that there is still something missing at the heart and soul of the game which is the lack of voice acting, Hopefully they're in the full version so will watch out for video reviews to ease my thought.

My gut feeling is that the game is going to drop to below ?20 really quickly so I think I'm going to hold out until then. Still got Zelda and Uncharted to finish so I'm in no rush to go out and buy it.

How do you get the Mount Fuji pre-order bonus? A pre-order anywhere... or at a select website/store?

I'm trying to decide whether it's at all worth it/will I miss it (probably not), versus waiting out for a price drop, considering I won't be playing the game until May time anyway.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=165326&articleId=165327&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&cm_sp=ssx-_-topnav-_-ssx

The way it's worded... "additional drop points on Mt. Fuji". Almost sounds like all you're getting are a few different spawn points :heh:

You can pre-order at GAME instore and get the content too, but you'll need a fiver deposit (bit of a pain since that would mean two trips into town for me... but I have vouchers to spend :/)

Edited by Shorty