N-Europe

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dyson

I've managed to magic my way past the bandits, but there's one standing right beside the guy that you have to confront. Does she just stand there forever, or can I wait for her to go away before I talk to him?

Is that the bit for the Thieves Guild?

Just kill her.

I think I walked up to them both and she attacked me whilst he just stayed out of it. You can talk to him after she dies.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put more hours into this last night, the past 2 nights I've been playing the game I've done sod all to any of the quests / missions.

Just plodding along the land exploring, hunting by day, then when finding new towns / settlements, waiting around till dark and robbing as many people for all they've got.

gotta make a living, and Alchemy, Smithing & Cooking just doesn't cut it :p

Black Star plus absorb health and stamina weapon from thieves quest plus rings that boost single hand damage = win.

It's annoying that I want to be good at everything. I want to enchant well, but I also want to be good at all thief skills (bar upping lockpick). I want to be great at making potions, and using single handed weapons. And I'd like to be good with magic and light armour. Armourer would be nice too!

Ok ok, so... just got it in the mail, 360 version. I usually install everything, does the texture bug always happen when you install?? I can't stand that damn noisy 360 bastard when she's reading games from the disc, but I don't wanna play this textureless until the patch, so... install or not? Will only start playing it on Sunday, either way, so... yeah.

I have a question about how that ends:

The last mission I did was hunting the heads of witches for the harbinger.

When I got back, the companions had been attacked, and the "leader" dead. Two of them were cowering over his body, with another companion injured and on the floor.

They seem to be completely stuck like this, and talking to the ones inside just bring up the "Person is Busy" message. It seems like it's a rather big quest-ending glitch. Am I right in thinking this or is this how it's actually supposed to be (if so, it's incredibly lame)?

Have you solved it yet? Try talk to the guy at the Skyforge. The next cutscene should be there and the guy is the questgiver.

The Dragons are really starting to annoy me now. Really not keen on the fact that there are infinite dragons too.

I got attacked in Riverwood and Alvar was defending the village with me and the guards, Well unfortunately Alvar lost his life while defending the village. The dragon was eventually killed, and I fast forwarded time 48 hours. left riverood, came back, but Alvar was still in the road.... dead....

I really dislike the fact that the dragons can kill people you kind of rely on for money and items.

I'm planning on putting many hours into this on Wednesday, strike day. Don't you just love being a civil servant. Last i checked, i'm currently exploring the snowy mountains in the north on foot. After all, my horse was killed by a damn dragon. They are getting annoying, i don't particulary like a dragon attacking everytime i go for a wander around the vicinity.

And, is anyone else getting dragons coming back to life. Around Whiterun was my last encounter of what i would best describe as an "undead" dragon. I swear i saw the flesh spontaniously return to the bones and the dragon taking off and flying around the area.

Apparently the patch for the PS3 version is out now. Might have to get it later and carry on with the side quests ive got left to do.

I hope it fixes the lag/framerate issues. I'm at 13 mb and the game is getting unplayable at times. I actually avoid travelling on the world map most of the time.

I'm planning on putting many hours into this on Wednesday, strike day. Don't you just love being a civil servant. Last i checked, i'm currently exploring the snowy mountains in the north on foot. After all, my horse was killed by a damn dragon. They are getting annoying, i don't particulary like a dragon attacking everytime i go for a wander around the vicinity.

And, is anyone else getting dragons coming back to life. Around Whiterun was my last encounter of what i would best describe as an "undead" dragon. I swear i saw the flesh spontaniously return to the bones and the dragon taking off and flying around the area.

pffffffff...you've always been praising the benefits and how great your job is so why the heck are your striking?

I hope it fixes the lag/framerate issues. I'm at 13 mb and the game is getting unplayable at times. I actually avoid travelling on the world map most of the time.

Word on the vine is that it does, good news. I remember a similar issue with Fallout NV and I don't remember them ever fixing that. But in Fallout it would totally lockup after the lag got bad.

Dual weald dagger sneaking is hacked. And Dark Brothehood questline rocks. :D

pffffffff...you've always been praising the benefits and how great your job is so why the heck are your striking?

I'm part of the union, got 6 months free membership. I call it a free day off along with those who are on temp contracts. Everyone else is striking over pensions.

It's a perfect opportunity for gaming, so why waste the opportunity. I can afford a day of no pay anyway.

I'm part of the union, got 6 months free membership. I call it a free day off along with those who are on temp contracts. Everyone else is striking over pensions.

It's a perfect opportunity for gaming, so why waste the opportunity. I can afford a day of no pay anyway.

Well that's alright for some basically a stinking attitude to have though. I work for a school that's a charity and not classed as public yet get paid significantly less than a regular school teacher and have no right to strike.

Well that's alright for some basically a stinking attitude to have though. I work for a school that's a charity and not classed as public yet get paid significantly less than a regular school teacher and have no right to strike.

I don't mean afford a day of no pay as in i get paid a lot, i got some saved for a rainy day so i'm ok on that front.

And if i did come into work, i'd have to cross a mass picket-line to get through to the building. Out of the 2 buildings we have, only 1 will be open that day. And it ain't the building i work in. So even if i did come into work, there would be no way i could do my job.

Are the missions for Vex in the thieves guild endless?

Not that I mind as it's good gold, but I've done 12 heist missions, and a shit load of Burglary missions, with no end in site.

and the achievement for 100k in gold, is that accumulative over your game, or do you need to have 100k all in one time. I'm at 33k at the moment, but over the course of my game i've had 40k.

After 90 hours I discovered I can't get platinum due to a glitch. Frak you Bethesda. It's the Azura/Waking Nightmare quest for the Oblivion Walker trophy(get 15 daedra artifacts). When I entered the dungeon my ally for the quest immidietly teleported to the end of the dungeon. But I need him to open the door in the first room to get to where he is now, and since he's already there and haven't opened the door I'm stuck with no way in. Nothing fixes it. I think I did that part like 50 hours earlier, but couldn't find the solution(didn't know it's was because of a glitch) so I left thinking I could try again later. Was a bit pissed by that so I finished the dark brotherhood and quit the game. Done all guilds, the civil war but barely touched the story. Lv 56.

Frost dragon vs mammoth. The most epic battle of the century :p

Good trick to level up illusion I found myself. Just cast Muffle when walking from point a to point b. It doesn't require you to be in combat or stand in one place for an hour slashing at NPCs. Just cast it while walking. You aren't doing anything else noteworthy anyway. The first 50 can be done in 10 minutes or so with a good regerating robe.

@Murr : If you do five quests in each of the five cities you get to do bigger missions that finishes the thieves guild and make you officially the guild master. Just cancel if you don't get the city you want.

You have to hold the money at one point. I have 90 000 or something and I don't have the trophy.

Good trick to level up illusion I found myself. Just cast Muffle when walking from point a to point b. It doesn't require you to be in combat or stand in one place for an hour slashing at NPCs. Just cast it while walking. You aren't doing anything else noteworthy anyway. The first 50 can be done in 10 minutes or so with a good regerating robe.

Did this a week or so ago. Taking a few Illusion perks to decrease the cost of Illusion spells makes it even quicker. Invisibility (Can be bought from the Illusion expert at the magic college once you have 75 Illusion), Muffle, and Silent Casting (Illusion perk) together make sneaking quests easy even if you have a low sneak skill.