N-Europe

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Retro_Link

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A peak at the newly re-designed Megatron and a close-up of one of the "Wreckers" in the upcoming Transformers: Dark of the Moon

We originally saw Megatron as a gun way back when and when Transformers first hit several years ago, he took the form of a jet. Fast-forward a couple years and Megatron became a tank...of sorts. Now, in Michael "Boom-Boom" Bay's final installment in the series, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, it seems that the Decepticon leader will be taking the form of a tanker truck.

Over at InsideLine, they've posted a couple new pictures of the truck as well as a closer look at one of the three wreckers, which are modeled after the cars of NASCAR drivers Juan Pablo Montoya, Dale Earhardt, Jr. and Jimmie Johnson.

ns_104114_717.jpg

ns_104115_717.jpg

ns_104113_717.jpg

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

• 1 month later...

Or Snapdragon. The airship is interesting and could possibly be soundwave coming in to land (bit hard to tell how big he was in RotF).

Glad to see that Optimus is still rocking the kit he picked up. I'm still pissed that it all seems to be in the same settings again. I know skyscrapers make for good set design but I thought we were heading for space this time...

The bird's got to be Laserbeak.

Yeah good call!

Or Snapdragon. The airship is interesting and could possibly be soundwave coming in to land (bit hard to tell how big he was in RotF).

Glad to see that Optimus is still rocking the kit he picked up. I'm still pissed that it all seems to be in the same settings again. I know skyscrapers make for good set design but I thought we were heading for space this time...

There are loads of those gunships in the sky though.

Yeah it's a bit dissapointing it all takes place in Chicago.

Why? Chicago is an awesome City.
lolz, I don't have any problem with Chicago, it just seems an odd choice for the trilogy finale! I was expecting Cybertron or Space atleast.

Also, the only reason it's set in Chicago, is because it's a cheap filming location or something.

Edited by Retro_Link

lolz, I don't have any problem with Chicago, it just seems an odd choice for the trilogy finale! I was expecting Cybertron or Space atleast.

Also, the only reason it's set in Chicago, is because it's a cheap filming location or something.

But there are no roads in Space, Optimus can't just drive off the globe and transform duh :heh:

It has to be realistic...

Watching Optimus Prime tearing the shit out of everything on the road towards the end of the trailer screams of win.

That does look like a nicely choreographed sequence. The action seems to be getting better as the films go on.

I very much going to wait for reviews before I spend my money to see this. Never thought I would say that about anything to do with Transformers.

Watching Optimus Prime tearing the shit out of everything on the road towards the end of the trailer screams of win.

That was Optimus Prime? I couldn't see through all the shakycam effects.

Hopefully this won't be as impossible to tell who's who like it was in the ultra long battle at the end of the second.

That was Optimus Prime? I couldn't see through all the shakycam effects.

Hopefully this won't be as impossible to tell who's who like it was in the ultra long battle at the end of the second.

Yes it's Optimus for sure. He's using Jetfire's booster pack which he then dumps before getting out his sword and taking it to the decepti-creeps.

I wouldn't hold your hopes up about confusion in this movie. A lot of why you can't tell the difference is down to the design as the characters all have very similar silhouettes and bumblebee and ratchet are the only characters that have been given an easily visible colour identifier.

• 2 weeks later...

"Optimus... I am you Father.../brother.../kinda"

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/115/1152605p1.html

When Transformers: Dark of the Moon hits theatres, Michael Bay's ode to transforming messes of CG pixels and explosions will introduce us to yet another member of the Autobot clan: Sentinel Prime.

Who is he? According to Empire Magazine, which has exclusive pictures of the character, SP will serve as an ass-kicking "big brother and mentor" to Optimus Prime, as the Autobots team-up to unleash ass-kickings upon Megatron, Shockwave and the rest of the Decepti-creeps. (Reference!)

TF3_newSentienlPrime_pic1_1298934480.jpg

Sentinel Prime will carry a sword that looks similar to Cloud's from Final Fantasy. SP is also the Transformer glimpsed in the film's teaser trailer, the one inside the ship from Cybertron that has crashed on the moon. (Fans had speculated that it might be Alpha Trion.)

Empire also revealed that Dark of the Moon will feature a brand-new Decepticon named (sigh) Dreadbox, whose vehicle form is a Ferrari. Which makes sense, because Bay has a serious crush on that car. (Nic Cage stole one and chased a Humvee with it in The Rock, for example.)

The Bayhem hits theatres, in 3D, July.

They didn't have to make him quite so similar! Edited by Retro_Link

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!