N-Europe

Revolution Development Blog

BigTac

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't from a development source but some co-workers have basically said this blog is fake. I guess I would have to find out in January on my visit to Ubisoft HQ.

Also EA will have an exclusive title for the Revolution. It's gonna be done by a small team set aside to do this unique exclusive. But I heard there is perhaps an even bigger exclusive title coming to the Revolution but another big company.

If i'm being honest here, and this isn't just me being tired of 'fake' blogs on the previous forum, i wouldn't hold your breath for any information you find here.

I don't really see what this person has to gain, apart from getting himself into trouble if he is authentic, by creating this blog.

If i'm being honest here, and this isn't just me being tired of 'fake' blogs on the previous forum, i wouldn't hold your breath for any information you find here.

I don't really see what this person has to gain, apart from getting himself into trouble if he is authentic, by creating this blog.

I agree. And people don't just get a slap on the wrist and sent home for the day, we're talking about sackings and blacklisting.

Any person stupid enough to venture into details about a game that no one has heard of is jepordising the project, and any NDAs that Nintendo has in place.

Point of matter is, we haven't heard anything about this 'game' officially, the team is likely to be small. Further, the team that 'would' be in development would know the name of the project, see someone is devulging details, and because of the likely smallness of the team, would catch out the perpetrator quite fast, and have them beaten to a bloody pulp.

By process of analysis, my opinion is that this poor sap has wasted time in writing a 100% fake blog.

I agree. And people don't just get a slap on the wrist and sent home for the day, we're talking about sackings and blacklisting.

Any person stupid enough to venture into details about a game that no one has heard of is jepordising the project, and any NDAs that Nintendo has in place.

Point of matter is, we haven't heard anything about this 'game' officially, the team is likely to be small. Further, the team that 'would' be in development would know the name of the project, see someone is devulging details, and because of the likely smallness of the team, would catch out the perpetrator quite fast, and have them beaten to a bloody pulp.

By process of analysis, my opinion is that this poor sap has wasted time in writing a 100% fake blog.

The points you've raised dont seem to apply to the blog though.

The guy who started it apparently only works in the sound area, and the rest of the team is "apparently in the know" about the blog, and he hasnt said anything more than the anonymous developers IGN spoke to, so what NDA has he broken?

I wouldnt say that i believe or not. But people keep analyzing it, as if the point of the blog is to reveal revolution details, but if it real then the point of it is to get ideas for a game from consumers.

I dont think they have said anything truly unbelievable yet...

Another update:

I’m not allowed to give you an exact outline Kevin. However, expect a lot to read, a lot information. Not to be compared with an E3 announcement by the way! Although the outline we were give was still “subject to change†you could expect the final name ( which almost all developers are aware of already by now ), a small summary of how the development progress of Revolution went, new games will be officially announced ( I’ve to disappoint you now, No End Soon won’t be part of those announced games, you’ve to wait till E3 2006 for that ), as of now Nintendo is not planning to show any visuals of games BUT is actually considering to show modified versions of some previously played-by-press tech demo’s at stage.

The outline we’ve received did point out however; this is not yet fully decided, as Nintendo is worried it would confuse people about the graphical capabilities of Revolution. Personally I understand those worries and agree with Nintendo. But then again, this generation of Nintendo’s console will be all about innovative game play, even though the graphics are extremely sweet as well.

During the whole presentation you should listen very carefully to what Mr.Reggie will say, as he will give hints at the third revolutionary aspect. Which concrete hints aren’t provided in the outline we have, but it does say Mr.Reggie will do so. I do expect however all the boards over internet to become crazy ones again after Mr.Reggie’s speech, as I’m sure the hints he will give will be pretty clear and use full for you all.

@BigTac

Are you going to E3 next year? and if so wanna meet there and have a chat?

As of now I plan on going along with lots of other co-workers as I did last year for the first time. But my gf and I are planning are wedding right now and are getting married in May/June date not made yet. So I will let you know when I get that sorted out, which will probally be some time in January. E3 06 will be the biggest yet and be amazing, and to go an play the Revolution will be a great experience. But as usual I will busy up to E3 anyway with a Jan visit to Ubisoft HQ and hopefully a February visit to EA HQ.

So is the final name good or not BigTac?

I'm not asking names I'm asking opinion :wink:

If your reffering to if Nintendo has a final name or not then I can confirm that yes they do. It will be revealed in February(D.I.C.E) because they have anything big planned for January. I think some info will come in January even if it's not from Nintendo. Maybe some leaked info.

If your reffering to if Nintendo has a final name or not then I can confirm that yes they do. It will be revealed in February(D.I.C.E) because they have anything big planned for January. I think some info will come in January even if it's not from Nintendo. Maybe some leaked info.

you make it sound as if info is deliberately leaked...