N-Europe

Good 4 Player Party Games for Xbox 360?

jayseven

Taking my console around a friends house. There'll be two guys and two girls. Any ideas?

Castle Crashers is my default 4-player game, and similar ones like Scott Pilgrim and Streets of Rage probably won't cut the mustard with the girls. I can't think of any other 4-player games at all. Stuff like Halo and MW2 won't be appropriate either. I need 'fun' games, preferrably on XBLA so I don't have to go and buy something.

Technically I've only got like two hours before I set out :P but it'll be interesting to hear any suggestions for further occasions, anyway!

Just realised I also have Worms 1 and 2 and Peggle!

Strip Castle Crashers.. Strip Worms.. Strip Peggle..

Strip Uno...

No wait, that's a 'normal' game of Uno, well if you play random people over Xbox Live... who have the vision camera... :blank:

I've just remembered why I don't play Uno anymore.

Well we played some worms 2 and Castle Crashers - CC went down well until you get to the catfishboss thing in teh river. I've known it from previous playthroughs -- it's where the noobs will die and lose patence while I am left to kill it, or won't be arsed to play through again.

Llama; I have beatle's rockband, but essentially this group of people is two able and experienced gamers and two... girls, who hold the controller wrong (use d-pad, steer with their whole arms) and have no experience whatsoever with gaming. But rockband will be our next attempt :)

As for Left4 dead -- 2-player co-op. As was Peggle, which is annoying as it was probably the preferred game for everyone.

Will probably look into that Viva Pinata Party Planet whatever game, or scene it, which I think I can get for £14 with the buzzers or £10~ without.

Gotta say, Wii wins at this sort of market. Sure, Kinect is a solution -- but it's too expensive, and my room isn't big enoough to use it so I'd not get enough use out of it.

Llama; I have beatle's rockband, but essentially this group of people is two able and experienced gamers and two... girls, who hold the controller wrong (use d-pad, steer with their whole arms) and have no experience whatsoever with gaming. But rockband will be our next attempt :)

But that's the thing about rock band, it's more straightforward than a modern controller. Instruments and motion controls are perfect for non-gamers.

I'm glad you didn't try on-screen catan, I don't think that would've gone down well.