NEurope
mcj metroid

Dragonball Z Kai

Anybody keeping an eye on this series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dragon_Ball_Z_Kai_episodes

for those who don't know it's a remake of the dragonball Z series but sticks exactly to the manga so entire story arcs are left out. It's going from 291 episodes to 100.

As a big fan of the dragonball series, I REALLY enjoy this one. I refuse to watch the japanese audio version cause the voices just urk me, So I'm keeping an eye on the english dub.

When you watch the uncut versions it's quite awesome. It's great to have the orchestrated soundtrack from the jap version though.

Vast improvement on the english opening we got too.

I might invest, but I loved the obvious filler episodes in the original.

EDIT: This is Paj.

Edited by chairdriver

Sounds most intriguing. Its sexiness would depend on what's being left out though.

Most of the stuff thats been left out is stuff you'd rather not watch.

e.g

goku does NOT fall off snakeway

there is no princess snake

No Piccolo and company training sequence with king kai.

no garlic junior saga

to name but a few.. I'm not sure yet. The english dub is only as far as episode 42

and

Goku is JUST about to start fighting freiza after he kills vegeta

but generally it's way faster paced and it's a lot better to watch in my opinion. It also seems to be voice acted a lot better this time. Maybe it's the music that gives it an extra emotion. But I recommend it, if it's a series you havev't seen for years and want to watch again.

if you're new to the series and always wondered what the fuss is. Dragonball z was a great action packed series that always suffered from filler. Now it's more or less gone.

Edited by mcj metroid

Too me it's just plain wrong to show such a kick ass opening only to show everything else as older animation, dammit give me my awesome animation like openings japan!!!! (Obviously they will do it prob another 10 years just too milk everything for what it is, and we will all be bitches and go uber hype shit in watching them all again :heh: )

When you watch the uncut versions it's quite awesome. It's great to have the orchestrated soundtrack from the jap version though.

Vast improvement on the english opening we got too.

Sorry, as much as its good nothing will beat the original english opening xD

And while I am at it I should also mention how I hope near that 2 songs still stay in the kai version

Gohan's Anger

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And in the japanese version they have spirit vs spirit :D

Edited by killer kirby

I'm thinking the 100 episode plan they had is gonna fail badly, Cell Saga is taking freaking ages. Not that i'll complain mind you.

I've been watching the japanese episodes (with subtitles) and enjoyed it a lot more than Z (which I loved). It's faster paced and there's no filler. The dialogue is quite different from what I remember too but I don't know if that's down to it being the original japanese script or whatever.

Only problem is that I can only find subtitled japanese episodes up to ep 51 (just after the Frieza saga) but I'm sure they're up to the cell saga in Japan.

I've been watching the japanese episodes (with subtitles) and enjoyed it a lot more than Z (which I loved). It's faster paced and there's no filler. The dialogue is quite different from what I remember too but I don't know if that's down to it being the original japanese script or whatever.

Only problem is that I can only find subtitled japanese episodes up to ep 51 (just after the Frieza saga) but I'm sure they're up to the cell saga in Japan.

Really? That's all you've been able to find? I watch the Jap subs each week and it's Perfect Cell time!

You need to be enlightened!

Sorry, as much as its good nothing will beat the original english opening xD

I hear the show was called dragonball z you'd never know it from that opening :D

Personally I'm not that bothered about Kai, picked up the first Blu-ray release but I think I'll stick with the original in lovely Dragon Box format. I actually don't like the fact they cut it down, they've cut some important bit occasionally, the music isn't as good and the redrawn scenes look out of place.

I do the new new opening, Dragon Soul, though.

I've watched the original so many times, I don't really feel like watching it with amusing filler gone (Piccolo's driving ftw!).

The opening is awesome, though.

Also, I am of the opinion that the English version sucks immensely. The music, the voices and, basically, how they tried to make everything sound manlier and badass-er.

The driving school episode was a classic. They should've just kept it in for the proness it had.

And in the japanese version they have spirit vs spirit :D

I am of the opinion that this scene is much more powerful with silence instead of background music.

Unfortunately, I can't find a clip with silence because everyone edits the Japanese music in other languages' clips.

I'm fairly sure that I heard somewhere about what are unanimously known as the "filler" episodes of Dragonball Z being a result of nothing so much as Akira Toriyamas notorious lazyness. The fucker didn't get the scripts and narrative progressions sorted out in time, so the rest of the studio had to pick up the slack and give us full hours of constipated KI concentration and annoying camera pans of dull scenescapes to kill the alotted twenty two minute slot. That said, I loved that shit when I was a kid, used to come home from school everyday and watch it while eating the skin off my chicken dippers, like a complete freak.

Then I used to go outside and try to beat the shit out of the tree in our back yard. May watch this, even though I recently bought the entire series on DVD.

Really? First i've heard about that. And I thought I knew almost everything with DBZ. I thought the filler episodes was due to the anime being so stupidly close manga, and it's the studio that ends up handling the anime, not the authors.

I am of the opinion that this scene is much more powerful with silence instead of background music.

I think the english one still had music in the background, plus more talking with gohan talking. might be wrong.

I think the english one still had music in the background, plus more talking with gohan talking. might be wrong.

The only English clip I found had Japanese BGM edited in. But I wouldn't be surprised if it also had original BGM. Every English clip I've watched has generic music everywhere, even in supposedly candid, comedic moments.

And Gohan talking when he's supposed to be in sheer shock kills the scene.

Yest episode 42 is only Freiza? My only started watching around that time, and I didn't realise I doth miss that much.

(Doth assume it doesn't incorporate Dragonball (non Z) into it?)

I am verily interested in watching this. UK Blu-Ray/DVD?

Thor1.jpg

Edited by ReZourceman

I am verily interested in watching this. UK Blu-Ray/DVD?

No Dragonball and no UK release so you'll have to import the US version. Playusa has the Blu-rays (Blu-Rays are region A btw) for £17.99, but I've heard rumors that they are closing...

Yest episode 42 is only Freiza? My only started watching around that time, and I didn't realise I doth miss that much.

I never remembered them showing the original series on tv actually.

I've seen dubs on-line but there's a lot of material in it they would never show for kids on tv. But the original series doesn't seem to have a whole load of filler. Maybe it does but I find it's a lot faster paced.

The American Kai Dub is awesome, especially on the dvd versions. The jap version is good but I prefer the original Uncut Japanese dragon box sets.

latest episode:check out 5:00 onwards for goku's epic speech. They nailed it on this dub and the music

tis epic :)