NEurope
Goafer

Savings

I've just set up an online savings fund (a second one actually) in order to save for something especially ace and was wondering what everyone else does for savings? Do you do the normal thing and set up an account or do you just let your normal bank account fill up?

I've used a few methods. I've had a normal savings account for ages and money goes in and out of it once in a while. I haven't touched it for ages though. Like I wrote earlier, I've also set up a new one to save for something specific and hope to throw money in every month.

I occasionally put money in a tin as well, old school style. If I go shopping or whatever and come home with money in my wallet (silver change or notes), I put it in the tin. That method payed for my tattoo (couple of hundred pounds IIRC)

My parents also keep a penny tub (I assume most people do). That's nice for the odd surprise once a year or so. Usually end up with £50-£100.

I've got a savings account, with nothing in it. It did pay debts off really, so i guess it had it's uses. Plus now, i keep forgetting to add to it.

I live pretty much up to the limit of my paycheque every month. Saving is something you do in videogames.

Stocks and shares ISAs are the only way/other investments bled. Savings accounts are for pussies and don't make any money.

I just have a few £k in some shares at the moment. Back when I was saving for my car I used to put a few hundred in premium bonds every month which actually yielded a pretty decent return in the end.

At the moment I don't put anything extra away each month, but when I start my new job and (hopefully) have some extra cash to that I spend I'll begin some sort of savings plan.

I've got an ISA which I put £200 away in each month,

A Pension with Standard life which i put £65 in each month (have been since I was 18)

And I also just withdraw £50 cash once paid and put it away in a box in a draw, just so i forget about it.

Not got a thing. Mainly because I haven't had a job to fill it with. But I've been meaning to do something of the sort once I get out of my overdraft. Should take a couple of months. I'll pretend it's one of them year resolution things.

Right now I'm putting £150 away in another account each month to pay for all things car-related; insurance, MOT, tax, any work that may need done etc.

Only started doing it beginning of September and up to £450 now because I managed to put £300 away last month. Another £150 going in on the 5th of November. It's nice how quickly it all adds up.

Actually slightly into my overdraft right now because I paid my uni gym membership (£75) and also bought some new clothes to go with my suit from Ted Baker. I know Ted Baker things are generally expensive but I feel its worth it because they do fit really well and I feel good about myself in them, confident, which is exactly what I need ebcause I'll be wearing them to interviews over the coming year. Also they're extremely sexy and I'll be raging if I don't get a pull tomorrow night at this 21st.

Actually slightly into my overdraft right now because I paid my uni gym membership (£75)

There better be some awesome benefits from this gym if it's a Uni Gym for £75,

Retarded moment now... £75 Per month or per year?

When i was at Esporta that was £50 a month, but was a ridiculously good gym.

now i pay £46 a month for Fitness first and that's for me and my girlfriend's membership, with free swimming pool use and free classes. (Work discount thing :) )

£75 / year. :heh:

It's actually a good gym as well.

I used to work at an Esporta, its full membership was around £120 / month because they have a golf course. Really nice club. I got free membership because I worked there, hardly ever used it thought because I could never be bothered going out when I wasn't working.

I never look for ways to save, always looking for things to spend money on instead. I'm opening an account with a different bank since my current debit card doesn't work on international sites like amazon.

Stocks and shares ISAs are the only way/other investments bled. Savings accounts are for pussies and don't make any money.

Oh yeah, you just reminded me that I have shares. I keep forgetting that I have those and it's great when I remember that I have extra money there.

I am currently saving £550 a month in my ISA account and an additional £50 a month as a sort of baby fund for whenever the time comes.

I have a savings account, but I only seem to be taking money out instead of putting anything in it heh. =P

Once I do make some money (find a job etc.), I hope to save up for some travelling, preferably a trip around the world or a huge trip around America (including theme parks of course). That's my dream, though not sure it'll ever happen heh.

I have £50 transferred automatically to an ISA every month so that i don't spend it.

I do have a bit of money in my normal account, i use that as a 'just in case' buffer.