N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia - Game Thread

Jonnas

Dannyboy....how does your power work? In terms of how its worded.....like....do you choose just to target people and IF that player is the princess then it doesn't kill them?

Pretty much, yeah. I'm unsure about whether we're allowed to quote PMs in this game, but to paraphrase, it says that each night I can choose to target someone or stay in my room. If I stay in my room, I will set up traps and thus be protected from anyone trying to target me. If I choose to target someone, I will find out whether he or she is the princess. If not, I'll kill the person, apparently out of frustration. I am a ruthless Scotsman, after all. :heh: There's also this vague warning about killing the wrong people that's kept me from simply trying my luck. I have a feeling me hitting a townie might make me leave the house in shame or something to that effect, seeing as my character appears quite endeared to the princess. He's quite a layered gentleman, the good Angus MacNeil. :heh:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much, yeah. I'm unsure about whether we're allowed to quote PMs in this game, but to paraphrase, it says that each night I can choose to target someone or stay in my room. If I stay in my room, I will set up traps and thus be protected from anyone trying to target me. If I choose to target someone, I will find out whether he or she is the princess. If not, I'll kill the person, apparently out of frustration. I am a ruthless Scotsman, after all. :heh: There's also this vague warning about killing the wrong people that's kept me from simply trying my luck. I have a feeling me hitting a townie might make me leave the house in shame or something to that effect, seeing as my character appears quite endeared to the princess. He's quite a layered gentleman, the good Angus MacNeil. :heh:

So, if you do nothing, your immune to everything. If you target the princess, what happens? you win? and if you don't target the princess, you kill someone.

Doesn't sound like someone i want around tbh.

Vote: Dannyboy-the-Dane

So, if you do nothing, your immune to everything. If you target the princess, what happens? you win? and if you don't target the princess, you kill someone.

Doesn't sound like someone i want around tbh.

Vote: Dannyboy-the-Dane

I don't win unless the town wins in the end and both the princess and I are still alive.

Apart from when you tried to kill me, eh. :p

The game hadn't really moved anywhere before that point, and I was getting bored. :heh: Plus I was actually pretty sure you were mafia at that point.

I don't win unless the town wins in the end and both the princess and I are still alive.

The game hadn't really moved anywhere before that point, and I was getting bored. :heh: Plus I was actually pretty sure you were mafia at that point.

So what if you find her, you can't do anything to help her/him. Why does it matter if you find her then, there must be a reason, and i believe you win if you find them.

What happens when/if you find the Princess then Dannyboy? It's hardly just going to say "x is the Princess, well done" surely he's going to win. What would be the point otherwise?

As I said, since my PM says I have to find her in order to protect her, I assume she'll be protected to some extent for the rest of the game. It's simply an additional win condition I have to fulfil in order to be able to win with the rest of you. Like Diageo and heroicjanitor in the Colour Mafia.

Hopefully there are no hard feelings that I think you're mafia then. :p

Vote : Dannyboy-the-Dane.

The old question of "why was there no mafia kill on the night chair died" is answered - there was.

Don't want to make this an onslaught of suspicion towards Dannyboy but can anyone else confirm that Dannyboy is untargetable?

I'm sure I remember Rummy saying he was caught in a trap but besides that I don't think anyone else has mentioned it.

I targeted myself and dannyboy last night so anyone targeting me would've fallen into those traps.

Oh and in the spirit of fairness, when I voted for Sméagol it was in my old role as the butler so it shouldn't count for whatever now.

The old question of "why was there no mafia kill on the night chair died" is answered - there was.

I thought the outcome of that was that Danny targeted you but Chairdriver was disguised as you so Chairdriver was killed instead?

If they were both mafia surely they would've known it was going to happen?

You were being suspected by a lot of people the day I targetted you. It would be incredibly foolish of the mafia to kill you off when they could try to spin it to their favour. Why on Earth would I do that and then defend you from then on?

Also, note that no black mask was mentioned in that write-up - because I don't have one.

In terms of voting - day one I was barely online as I explained (had exams etc) and although it's not really an excuse I simply didn't get a chance to read the thread properly to vote. Day two, if I remember correctly, was the day of the pills saga, day three we all pretty much thought Tales was evil and I was actually around to vote so I did, and day 5 (or whatever it was) I was going to vote for zell and put the nail in the coffin... except I was scared of the potential lynchbomb (after what happened to Rez in Star Wars I didn't want to take any chances) and then I missed the boat anyway because I didn't see that Rez removed his vote and then added it again, which meant the vote before mine was actually majority and the day ended. 'Cause I'm an fool.

I realise what it looks like but if you look back I did have valid reasons for voting/not voting each day. Somehow those reasons just make me look incredibly suspicious, which is annoying for me.

Anyway, here's my own list of suspects, simply based on posts (I realise some may have been confirmed good but I don't have my notes with me and I can't remember who they are. Like I said, this is purely based on posts that I have remembered through the game)

Rummy: We haven't heard from him a huge amount, and he seems to come online a lot when it's night. That may not be his fault, but in my eyes it's suspicious. Him being a reverse tracker doesn't prove anything either way, and tbh his general posts have been pretty shifty as far as I remember them.

Dannyboy: First of he's a killer, and second he's neutral. Instant scare from me. Those two things are never good for the town, especially at this point when the townies massively outnumber the mafia and a killer is much more likely to mis-strike. We still can't be sure whether he's telling the truth about his role, and about whether him finding the princess would make him a townie. Personally I doubt it and think it will steal the win from us, or even worse he's the mafia don and he literally is trying to kill the princess.

jayseven: I suppose this is a compliment, but he is very good at these games, and at confusing/convincing people in these games. Him targeting himself etc confused things a great deal yesterday and it was only thanks to Cube that we lynched Zell. There's a chance they were working together and that the Peeps messed up the kill. Saying that I think he was confirmed good a couple of pages ago. I'm just always suspicious of jay :p

That's what I remember for now, probably more later.

jayseven: I suppose this is a compliment, but he is very good at these games, and at confusing/convincing people in these games. Him targeting himself etc confused things a great deal yesterday and it was only thanks to Cube that we lynched Zell. There's a chance they were working together and that the Peeps messed up the kill. Saying that I think he was confirmed good a couple of pages ago. I'm just always suspicious of jay :p.

Zell tried to kill Jayseven but was redirected to MadDog by me. Cube protected MadDog. I think that's reason enough not to suspect myself, MadDog, Cube or Jayseven.

I'll give time for counter-arguments before voting nintendohnut but if all we get is 'he was described as kind' then I'll stick my vote on.

Zell tried to kill Jayseven but was redirected to MadDog by me. Cube protected MadDog. I think that's reason enough not to suspect myself, MadDog, Cube or Jayseven.

In the end, we worked it out that me and Zell (the killer) targeted MadDog but were redirected to Jayseven.

For reference:

Ooooh that's a cool power.

Hello! What were everyone's questions?

So I was mentioned, looks like someone used a one-use power to get some info on me. Well, I hope you're happy whoever you are, it was a wasted use. I don't know how many times people have to confirm me as good but there we are. I am indeed the loyal royal (lol) gardener, and I do indeed use Aloe Vera on players. I am still unwilling to release anything else, however. As I say, it's pointless and won't help anyone but the mafia. I realise at this stage it may not make much difference, but the point is there is just no need for me to reveal everything when so many people have confirmed me as good, the write-up says am loyal, a person has said I am "kind", and I use Aloe Vera (not the most deadly of substances, is it?). I can give targets if completely necessary but it won't help very much at all tbh, because of the specifics of my power. So I'm pulling a rez (oh god) and keeping myself to myself thanks.

As for who I think is mafia? Well fuuuuuuu- I have very few ideas. I find it difficult to believe that there are so many protectors for the town, but I think the jailkeep power is actually pretty useful in the mafia. I was a jailkeep (literally, I was the deputy sheriff and locked people in a jail at night) in the mafiawesome San Luis Six, and it was extremely useful to the mafia, both to protect those who were under suspicion, and to make me look innocent when I protected a townie (simultaneously roleblocking was an added benefit to what would otherwise be just a wasted protection). So I do suspect Marcamillian for that, but that's just from a previous experience.

With Zell, there's the apparent alibi of being stolen from which is backed up by an investigation. Of course maddog is right that it would help a mafioso look innocent, and there is the question about why nobody else has been stolen from, so I don't really know what to make of that. Perhaps it was a one-use power? Who knows.

What I do think is that either way we need to find the thief. I reckon they are one of the two or three (or perhaps the last?) mafia member(s). If we can get him/her it'll pretty much be game over for the mafia.

DOUBLEPOST: Okay that post took some time so there were like 4 by the time I clicked post, but still, nice power. Statistics ftw.

Yeah the note was correct, obviously someone wanted me to reveal myself and thought that was the best way to do it. May have been better used on Marcamillian or zell, but never mind.

As for last night, well I 'followed' someone who I didn't know whether to trust or not, but seeing as I got absolutely nothing out of it (didn't get a PM at all tonight, so who knows) I can't really help the situation either way. That's probably just because of my power though. It was Zell, incidentally, but like I said I can't shed any further light on the situation.

If Cube is wrong about who targeted who, couldn't jayseven still be mafia? If the role switcher targeted jay and maddog and the killer was redirected the other way around, jayseven could have just have got lucky.

Also, where is heroicjanitor with these statistics about people lying?

Diageo, I realise you made a lot of posts on day 3, but seeing as you're the only one in herojan's list that has actually lied, which part were you lying about? It may not be important, but every little helps.

As for the lynch today, I have no idea. I am totally confused by the maddog/jayseven/marcamillian situation and so don't really know who to vote for today. I'm going to hold back until we have something I agree with.

When? How? I didn't see that. Especially as Maddog is still voting for Marcamillian.

Tbh I was just about to vote for him when I read your post. I am SO confused about who the hell the mafia is! Aaaaaaargh

I really don't want to put the last vote on in case the lynchbomb is real. Sorry, I'm such a wuss. I personally feel that Rez should return his so that if there is a lynchbomb it's the second in two mafia games, which would be completely hilarious. Zell's probably lying but I'm selfish and want to win

I think that's all of them. At 15% it works out that 0.9 posts are true, so I guess it's rounded and only one post is true.

Nintendohnut's posts that day;

Ooooh that's a cool power.

Hello! What were everyone's questions?

So I was mentioned, looks like someone used a one-use power to get some info on me. Well, I hope you're happy whoever you are, it was a wasted use. I don't know how many times people have to confirm me as good but there we are. I am indeed the loyal royal (lol) gardener, and I do indeed use Aloe Vera on players. I am still unwilling to release anything else, however. As I say, it's pointless and won't help anyone but the mafia. I realise at this stage it may not make much difference, but the point is there is just no need for me to reveal everything when so many people have confirmed me as good, the write-up says am loyal, a person has said I am "kind", and I use Aloe Vera (not the most deadly of substances, is it?). I can give targets if completely necessary but it won't help very much at all tbh, because of the specifics of my power. So I'm pulling a rez (oh god) and keeping myself to myself thanks.

As for who I think is mafia? Well fuuuuuuu- I have very few ideas. I find it difficult to believe that there are so many protectors for the town, but I think the jailkeep power is actually pretty useful in the mafia. I was a jailkeep (literally, I was the deputy sheriff and locked people in a jail at night) in the mafiawesome San Luis Six, and it was extremely useful to the mafia, both to protect those who were under suspicion, and to make me look innocent when I protected a townie (simultaneously roleblocking was an added benefit to what would otherwise be just a wasted protection). So I do suspect Marcamillian for that, but that's just from a previous experience.

With Zell, there's the apparent alibi of being stolen from which is backed up by an investigation. Of course maddog is right that it would help a mafioso look innocent, and there is the question about why nobody else has been stolen from, so I don't really know what to make of that. Perhaps it was a one-use power? Who knows.

What I do think is that either way we need to find the thief. I reckon they are one of the two or three (or perhaps the last?) mafia member(s). If we can get him/her it'll pretty much be game over for the mafia.

DOUBLEPOST: Okay that post took some time so there were like 4 by the time I clicked post, but still, nice power. Statistics ftw.

Yeah the note was correct, obviously someone wanted me to reveal myself and thought that was the best way to do it. May have been better used on Marcamillian or zell, but never mind.

As for last night, well I 'followed' someone who I didn't know whether to trust or not, but seeing as I got absolutely nothing out of it (didn't get a PM at all tonight, so who knows) I can't really help the situation either way. That's probably just because of my power though. It was Zell, incidentally, but like I said I can't shed any further light on the situation.

If Cube is wrong about who targeted who, couldn't jayseven still be mafia? If the role switcher targeted jay and maddog and the killer was redirected the other way around, jayseven could have just have got lucky.

Also, where is heroicjanitor with these statistics about people lying?

Diageo, I realise you made a lot of posts on day 3, but seeing as you're the only one in herojan's list that has actually lied, which part were you lying about? It may not be important, but every little helps.

As for the lynch today, I have no idea. I am totally confused by the maddog/jayseven/marcamillian situation and so don't really know who to vote for today. I'm going to hold back until we have something I agree with.

When? How? I didn't see that. Especially as Maddog is still voting for Marcamillian.

Tbh I was just about to vote for him when I read your post. I am SO confused about who the hell the mafia is! Aaaaaaargh

Here you go:

All of Cube's posts on the second day after 25-10-2010, 11:05 PM were true.

On the third day after 28-10-2010, 10:47 PM Diageo's posts were 70% true, 25% unsure and 5% lying.

On the 4th day, I was going to analyse Rez and Tales but was roleblocked. I pretended I couldn't be roleblocked and it hasn't happened since.

On the 5th day after 08-11-2010, 02:10 PM Eenuh spoke 60% truths, and 40% speculation/subjective opinions.

On the 6th day Zell didn't answer after I sent the pm.

On the 7th day after 18-11-2010, 12:24 AM Zell's posts contained 100% truths.

I believe Marcamillian is a better target. But I have to get back to work now.

15% is the highest amount of specifically lying, though zell's 100% truthful record makes it a little tricky.

I'll still role with it.

(I haven't actually read nintendohnut's posts yet, just figured quoting them would be useful for all)

Vote: Nintendohnut