NEurope
Beast

Scre4m

OMG! This looks awesome!

...but how did I know that Hayden Panettiere would be in it without even reading any articles??? haha.

I can't wait for this!!!

What do you guys think?

Scream was fantastic because it was a massive pastiche of the slasher genre. The genre hasn't moved on since at all and so the other Scream films, and every other slasher since, has been at best a parody - but usually they're much worse; just shit.

This will be awful. Maybe not as awful as Scream 3, because it would actually require a monumental void of talent to make a film that abysmal, but awful nonetheless.

Edited by Daft
There is a 'c' in 'Scream'.

Shut the fuck up, I'm so excited.

I've been contemplating making a thread about this for days. (since the trailer came out)

Same here Paj, I can't wait for Scream 4. I loved all the others.

So shaddap haters!

The first one was good, taking the piss out of the genre. But then they had to go and do what they do with any other remotely successful horror, and spawn loads of shit sequels.

They should have left it at the original. It probably would have been thought of as a classic, but now the whole series is just looked down on.

Saying that, i'd probably go and see this out of curiosity! Wouldn't expect much though!

Even longer and more awesome trailer! I'm so happy! I seriously can not wait for this movie! I badly want to know if Gail survives that attack. Loved the end part of that trailer though, made me laugh. But knowing the date is even more awesome, haha. :D:D:D

Shut the fuck up, I'm so excited.

I've been contemplating making a thread about this for days. (since the trailer came out)

I have as well but then I thought "That trailer is awesome, I need to share" and so I did, haha. I'm glad I'm not the only one excited though!

Same here Paj, I can't wait for Scream 4. I loved all the others.

So shaddap haters!

Me too. I think it's the only series in which I'm in the minority where I actually loved the second and third one (and yes, I know the third one isn't that good but it's still enjoyable). Not as much as the first obviously but still could easily watch again.

The first one was good, taking the piss out of the genre. But then they had to go and do what they do with any other remotely successful horror, and spawn loads of shit sequels.

They should have left it at the original. It probably would have been thought of as a classic, but now the whole series is just looked down on.

Saying that, i'd probably go and see this out of curiosity! Wouldn't expect much though!

I thought that was the beauty of it tbh. The fact that it was supposed to be a slasher horror which involves rules on how to survive a horror movie (if that made any sense) and most horror movies have sequels so why not. Plus, I don't think that the series is looked down on (or at least it shouldn't be anyway), I think the sequels are cool.

Edited by Animal

The second one isn't bad. It's fine.

The third one is so...bizarre. It felt like a Scooby Doo episode, Gail and co all running around from place to place screaming (with the worst haircut I've ever seen). Parker Posey and Courtney Cox were pretty funny in it though. But story-wise/plot-wise it wasn't sure what it was doing.

oh for gods sake !

I'll say something for it though, AT least it's not a remake movie... although it may as well be

It feels great because it's been 11 years since Scr3am. It's not just the next Saw film, which are rattled out every 6 months or so. I've waited so long.

Apparently the film has used cutting edge technology.

Man, this shit doesn't even deserve the effort of googling for a facepalm picture. Gtfo.

If the name is actually "Scre4m" than it officially sucks. Although not as much as 5nal Destination.

If the name is actually "Scre4m" than it officially sucks. Although not as much as 5nal Destination.

Don't judge a book by it's cover....or don't judge a movie by it's title...

Don't judge a book by it's cover....or don't judge a movie by it's title...

Thats occured so many times, with a 50-60% rate of agreeing with my thoughts of the title once the movie has bene watched.

Never seen any of the scream movies. All I know is that Drew Barrimore is in the first one :hmm:

If I'm honest, I knew about the character(the killer) before the movie and I honestly thought it was a comedy, but in a black humour sort of way.

Man, this shit doesn't even deserve the effort of googling for a facepalm picture. Gtfo.

Calm down, you're acting like I've murdered someone.

For me I thought Scream 1 was very good. Scream 2 wasnt as good but still an enjoyable movie. Scream 3 however was pretty crappy. This new one I doubt I will bother watching at the cinema but im sure i'll give it a go either on dvd or when it comes to Sky.

I honestly thought it was a comedy, but in a black humour sort of way.

It's more like the other way around, just an often comedic (in a black way) slasher. As opposed to being a slashy comedy. If you get me.

O.O

I'm so amazed, I literally sat on my sitting room couch for five minutes with my mouth open.

Found out that Scream 1 was being played on TG4, which is an Irish channel so I don't expend anyone Ireland outside to know it, and then Scream 2 was on Comedy Central, like Mokong just said.

Seriously...what!? :o