NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Whoever's interested about my journey to Hamburg:

Passed two tests today. On Thursday I'll have to do an English test (probably won't be a problem for me), and if I pass that I will take part in an interview.

After that I'll get the results and be told whether I get a training post (don't know if it's the right expression) in air traffic controlling.

So, my daily win: One step closer to my dream.

Whoever's interested about my journey to Hamburg:

Passed two tests today. On Thursday I'll have to do an English test (probably won't be a problem for me), and if I pass that I will take part in an interview.

After that I'll get the results and be told whether I get a training post (don't know if it's the right expression) in air traffic controlling.

So, my daily win: One step closer to my dream.

If you need any help with the English, ask! I'm a qualified ESL teacher, so even things like pronunciation, ja?

If you need any help with the English, ask!

Thanks, but I'm sure I'm well prepared. I'll need to read out a text, then summarize it. After that I have to talk freely about a topic of my own choice.

For the past 3 years I've read books and watched movies/series primarily in English, been on this forum and talked to several American and British people. I guess that's enough :)

And also: In school I had bilingual education. Meaning I had more English lessons than "normal" students.

My manager handed me a large and heavy clear plastic bag earlier, I was like "????" she goes "This is for you" I was thinking "Oh sweet, stationary shit", took a look at it and it was filled with Schwarzkopf shit (well not filled, but there was like 10 items in there.

Then a colleague walked passed and said we get one once a month. :D

Free shit is awesome. I mean I couldn't use any of it/don't care, but Claire was happy. And hopefully in the future it might have matt paste/gel stuff I can use.

Not sure if there are other freebies yet, but I'll try and ferret the info out.

This job > HBOS

At last! I finally finished doing my CAO :D

I.e. I'm after choosing my courses for college and I chose where I'll be going too. Nice to get that outta dah way.

This job > HBOS
HBOS are people too you know!

Today I found out I can have tomorrow off work as paid holiday. WIN!

Edited by Retro_Link

This my daily fail from yesterday.

Missed a phone call from some job agency. Not a problem, I've got a message and a number to return the call. The fail is I hate using the phone, I'd much prefer to talk to someone in person. Just thinking about calling the bloke back has me a little nervous.

Which has become a daily win, I've got an informal interview tomorrow. Only thing I'm concerned about the job at the minute is there could be a bit of telephone work involved. As I said yesterday, the phone and me don't get along.

These guys (an actual, official company)

http://www.talentcake.com/

talentCakeLogo.jpg

Want me to write a comedy sketch for them to act out, produce etc and then link to Comedy Rainbow at the end.

Yeah thats pretty win.

If they're after you then I presume the talent, much like the cake is a lie?

Thats it guys, laugh it up. :(

That was actually amazing Eddage.

I have my rare moments :heh:

stepped on the scales today and i've lost 2kg, in a week, and not been hungry once.

Slimming world ftw :)

stepped on the scales today and i've lost 2kg, in a week, and not been hungry once.

Nice going, Hannah. :)

Good lass, keep it up! :D

Well done Raining! =D

What exactly is Slimming World and what do they make you do?

Today was awesome for me because I finally had a decent sleep and didn't have to get up early, whoo!

Plus I also got told by a teacher that I rock! Yay! Too bad that's just based on me assisting her and not actually teaching myself. =P

Edited by Eenuh

Well done Raining! =D

What exactly is Slimming World and what do they make you do?

There are three plans.

You can eat potatoes, pasta, beans, lean meat/fish, veggies and fruit all you want, plus 1 of each healthy extras (one group is milk and cheese, the other is a fibre list - bread, cereal) the green plan is all of the above, except meat/fish is omitted and you get 2 of each healthy extra. red is all of above, minus the pasta,potatoes, bean, and again 2 of each healthy extra. (very like atkins only without completely cutting out carbs). Everything outside of that is "synned" using a points system. Encourages people to eat food that is of a lower density and more filling.

Its very different to weightwatchers - they have a "point just about everything" attitude, whereas with slimming world you have more freedom. It sounds a bit too good to be true but it DOES work if you listen to your body when its full, and measure healthy extras and syns properly.

And my butchers does slimming world sausages and burgers which are free :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Watched The Eye Of Jupiter and Rapture, episodes of Season 3 Battlestar Galatica.

I tremble at the thought of the Final Five.