Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the song above.

ipaul

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've won. But I shan't review it, I'd rather others less entranced by the Newsom have their say.

The only problem is now that I've actually started to listen to the greatness of Joanna Newsom all songs pale in comparison, currently.

SO GOOD. :grin:

dpjn2o.jpg

Edited by Frank
Automerged Doublepost

The only problem is now that I've actually started to listen to the greatness of Joanna Newsom all songs pale in comparison, currently.

SO GOOD. :grin:

Simply stunning...

But then so is nearly every song she comes up with, especially this...

:heart:

I'm not going to use this space to expound on the virtues of listening to Joanna Newsom, firstly because I have not the words to do so, and secondly because it would be a gargantuan task to detail a musician that appropriates so many styles and themes that I've heard before and makes them her own. Listening to some of her songs is like being taken through the most picturesque memory you can conjure but sweeter than nostalgia. I sound like such a fag, but I do really love that shit. One a scale of one to awesome, its gorgeous.

Now to earn back some man creds:

Time Will is great though. I'm interested in what H+LA's second album will be like, without Antony.

---

Music has been won. It's over.

7/10. I really quite liked that. She's 10! That's pretty special talent right there. It's not even just good for a ten year old, just plain good. The beatz are phat, yo. Speaking of which...

Edited by ipaul

Big Boi

The melody is clean and simple but has enough small changes at key spots to keep it from getting tired and the vocals sound like they are dancing. It is all around aurally interesting. I also like that the sound is allowed to breath.

8/10

--

Quiet Riot

Loud for the sake of being loud. Everything is pretty much the same volume and it lacks variety or anything noteworthy. In short, it is boring.

3/10

---

Not bad. I loved how mellow it was but I didn't feel like it was spectacular. Nice to listen to though :)

A recent, new-found obsession and blast from the past. I love her songs :D It's also scary how much she reminds me of Gaga in some parts of this video.

Edited by Frank

I tend to think I'm getting slightly sick of Thom Yorke and his infinite sadness, his inability to do much other than croon over a minor chord, until I actually listen to his stuff, and its usually phenominal, which makes me a bit angry. I hate the guy, but he's a genius. Atmospheric song, don't think I've heard it before.

Edit: I have no opinion on Gwen Stefani. Musically though, that song bugs the shit out of me.

Edited by The Bard

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!