NEurope
ipaul

Rate the song above.

(Please can we have this?)

This works on another forum I'm on so I thought I would try it out here.

Love it. Charlotte Gainsbourg is such a hero. There's something really compelling about it as a whole, despite the fact it feels like its sung really apathetically. It's not stellar though -- it lacks the "secret something" that makes a song really great.

8.3/10

While I really enjoyed the beat in the background and the violins (?) that entered about halfway in, the rest of the song wasn't really to my tastes, and it didn't really get anywhere at any point. I wasn't too keen on her voice, either. I did think it was fairly decent, though.

6/10

While I really enjoyed the beat in the background and the violins (?) that entered about halfway in, the rest of the song wasn't really to my tastes, and it didn't really get anywhere at any point. I wasn't too keen on her voice, either. I did think it was fairly decent, though.

6/10

I really like it. I've listened to it twice, I'm going to try and find it on Spotify right now.

8/10

Alas, I can't find it :(

Here's mine:

I really like it. I've listened to it twice, I'm going to try and find it on Spotify right now.

8/10

Alas, I can't find it :(

Here's mine:

Great idea for a thread I reckonz!

I love all the addz the posts so far!

Anyway, Ludo

The kind of piece that makes me want to spend about half an hour failing to find as sheet music on google.

I find that alot of his pieces are very similar though. Not necessarily a bad thing, as they're all beautiful. Reminds me of another solo piano aswell.

anyway 7.9

Edited by dan-likes-trees

I don't really like the melody but the voice is very good. Quite an enjoyable song.

If I had to give a score it'd probably be 5/10.

I'd like to let you rate the following song but I can only find this version which is about 40 seconds shorter than the original:

Praxis - Caution

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Well, you can rate this:

Praxis feat. Serj Tankian - Sulfur and Cheese

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I didn't like it. I hate the dramatics. And the repetitiveness. It inspires nothing, I felt nothing.

Please rate:

Urgh... that's awful. I really don't like hip hop and the least I can say is I gave it a try but I hated it. I mean just look at this for 'lyrics': "Beep, beep, who's got the keys to my jeep" :nono: Each to their own I guess.

Are we supposed to give the songs a numeric rating? I'll give it a 2 out of 10

For your pleasure (or not):

Will also say, ipaul I really liked that song you posted. They seem to compliment each other extremely well there and it's just a really nice song.

Urgh... that's awful. I really don't like hip hop and the least I can say is I gave it a try but I hated it. I mean just look at this for 'lyrics': "Beep, beep, who's got the keys to my jeep" :nono: Each to their own I guess.

Are we supposed to give the songs a numeric rating? I'll give it a 2 out of 10

:mad:/ Fine.

It's so emotive as a song. I don't even know what the lyrics are. It kinda makes me feel a bit sick when I listen to it...it gives me a really strange feeling in my head. I think it's amazing. The "vrrrrrr" bit she does. *lies on the floor*

Fair enough though. :p

---

Cuckoo is one of the only Lissie songs I have little time for. Too Avril Lavigne. I ike a lot of the rest of the album.

5/10

---

Despite my dislike of most hip-hop songs, Missy Elliot if just EPIC! Just her whole persona/songs/video's are pretty different :)

As for the song above...not too bad. Quite mellow and nice but I'd have to be in a very specific mood to appreciate it. Quality song nonetheless.

6.5/10

It's a cover, but I don't think that's against the rules :p

I like the song, and Amy Winehouse's voice is fairplay to me, but nothing spectacular. I prefer

, or of course, the original by Carole King. The former of which is one of my favourites.

7/10

----

I like the song, and Amy Winehouse's voice is fairplay to me, but nothing spectacular. I prefer
, or of course, the original by Carole King. The former of which is one of my favourites.

7/10

----

A 9. I love JN so it's biased, but she fucking deserves all my praise.

Stunning! I love sounds and vocals which make you go "ummmm-fuuuuuuuuuck". Reminds me of the school Fever Ray went to.

8.6/10

----

hmm...strange song that is pretty hard to rate.

I loved the opening with the really chilling almost church like music. As the singing began I was a little taken back but it got better. I liked the whole dream-like sounding singing and the several genres put into one :)

8.2/10

A song about strippers yet everyone in the video is nearly always fully clothed, how times have changed :p

Plus, those legs!!

A good melody matched with an excellent voice, something you don't see much of in the pop scene anymore.

8/10

I've been listening to Private Dancer loads recently. I love. The video was shit.

Johnny Mathis - I liked it. It felt sad. Like there was a sadness present, but not gone on about. 7/10

---

Since I...

Met you...

Crank up the volume.

I liked the beat and melody. However, I was extremely frustrated by the wobbliness added to her voice, which also made the beginning quite annoying. I'll give it a generous 6/10.

Now for something Danish (in English):

Awesome. I will have to keep an eye out for their albums. I wonder if I will have to import.

9/10

--

Edited by RP2A03

Alright I guess but I'm not keen on it. It does remind me of Flying Lotus' latest EP though. 5/10

It was nice, I think I liked the video more than the song though.

6.7/10

---

Late-90s Timbaland was the epitome of audacious, screwball production genius, and Aaliyah was his ideal foil, a sultrily cool singer who did for melodic tension-and-release what other R&B singers were doing for showy melisma. Subsequently, "Are You That Somebody" sounds outlandish to the point where it comes across like a challenge from producer to singer-- and it's a challenge easily met. Tim's beat is borderline ridiculous, a rubbery, surreptitiously funky bounce that sounds like "Looney Tunes" composer Carl Stalling had been commissioned to rework a Catfish Collins chicken-scratch guitar riff.

But the aspects that might come across as goofy at first-- the baby coo sourced from Prince's "Delirious"; the beatboxing that sounds like broken castanets; the fact that it first emerged on the soundtrack to the Eddie Murphy version of Dr. Doolittle-- are offset by Aaliyah's characteristically deft performance, balancing an uncanny ability to wring new angles out of a deceptively simple melody and the chops to let her singing naturally jump from smooth longing to nimble rhythmic counterpoints. The moment in the chorus where her voice finally wraps itself entirely around that stagger-step beat and rolls out with the same fluidity as the frenetic bassline-- "causeIreallyneedsomebody/tellmeareyouthatsomebody"-- is everything great about late-90s R&B in one burst of inspiration. --Nate Patrin

This song showed up as Pitchfork's 8th best song of the 1990's, which suprised me. I like it, but I wonder what everyone else thinks of it. It's an interesting choice, but I keep seeing Aaliyah listed as the best of the best, and should probably give her more time.

4/10 No thanks, seems a few miles into the generic ruumb side of things.

---

Broadcast Yourself
Audio