NEurope
Happenstance

Phantasy Star Online 2

Fuck yeah man! I hope every one gets in all right, just downloading the game right now which is probably gonna take a while as I seem to only be getting 357kb/s.

Chances are I'm going to spam the story quests first as I want to make sure I have a mag and such. Make sure to aim for a class level of 10 every one!

EDIT: Here's the control scheme for people using keyboard controls. I'm going to try and play the game without a joypad considering how much easier it will be to use a mouse for a ranger rather than analog sticks.

Action

Movement [W] [A] [D]

Jump [space]

Extra Action [shift]

Sub Palette [1] ~ [0] (not numpad)

Lock-On [Q]

Switch Lock-On [Tab]

Picking up Item [E]

Switch Point of View [Z]

Auto Run [V]

Action Palette Selection [R] / [F]

Quick Action Palette [1] ~ [3] (numpad only)

Windows

Main Menu [CTRL + F1] Esc] / [J] / [Home] / [Pause]

Item [Ctrl]+[F2]

Equipment [Ctrl]+[F3]

Nearby Players [Ctrl]+[F4]

Quick Menu [Ctrl+F5] / [K] / [End]

Party [Ctrl]+[F6]

Friend List [Ctrl]+[F7]

Mail [Ctrl]+[F8]

Character Information [Ctrl]+[F9]

Logout [Ctrl]+[F10]

Cancel or Close [ESC}

Chat/Log

Starting Chat [C]

Log Window Scroll [PageUp / Page Down]

Log Window Tab Change [Ctrl + ←] / [Ctrl + →]

Log Channel Tab Quick Change [Ctrl]+[1]~[5] (Not numpad)

Shortcut Word [F1] ~ [F10]

Lobby Action [Alt + A ~ Z]

Other

Radar Map [M]

Area Map Display [N]

Camera Zoom in / Zoom Out [+] [-]

Mouse Mode / Camera mode [T]

Event [E]

All in all, sounds very similar to Blue Burst controls except fro the new actions of course!

More info on the controls here, the mini guide for Alpha 2 that might still be useful here, general skills acquired by levelling up your class here and item, stats and attribute data here.

If any of you who have got into the Closed Beta are not familiar with Bumped's PSUblog, you'll definitely want to start following it as there'll no doubt be a Closed Beta mini guide in the works.

Edited by Debug Mode

Still downloading, should probably get around to playing this tomorrow..

Still downloading, should probably get around to playing this tomorrow..

The closed beta? Servers open up Thursday 8am mate!

Oh, cool. Was wondering why the main button was bringing up some message and not starting anything. :)

Yeah, that's a server maintenance message which chances are we'll be encountering a lot considering how many problems arise during their tests.

This is going to be the first time they aim to keep the game on during the entirety of the test rather than during select hours of the day so I'm expecting a shit load of problems haha.

Gonna need to buy a new mouse tomorrow and shit like snacks and such for my marathons, gonna be devestated if my laptop can't handle the lobbies (where I'm expecting the most trouble to be).

Oh there's no time limit? Great. Was a bit worried I wouldn't have much time to play it :laughing:

Actually forgot to download the client when I got home yesterday :laughing:

Well there is a time limit of Thursday the 19th until Saturday the 28th but that's plenty of time considering it's supposed to open to play all the way through!

Checked through the Closed Beta client settings, full screen is still locked to 1280x720 only ugh D=. Playing as a ranger whilst in windowed mode is gonna be a pain!

Yeah, I thought their might be a limit on the number of hours it was available during the day for some reason.

Right guys, I'm proposing we create our characters for Ship 3 or 4. There's 5 ships and characters are tied to those ships so need to get a consensus on which one to go for so we're all able to play with each other no problem.

Right guys, I'm proposing we create our characters for Ship 3 or 4. There's 5 ships and characters are tied to those ships so need to get a consensus on which one to go for so we're all able to play with each other no problem.

There's 10 ships on mine...

How about ship 4 or higher?

Watched the intro and the credits, they used a remixed Whole New World from PSO1 :love:

Wait, how the fuck are you able to see all this? Mine just keeps saying server's undergoing maintenance! Unless you're talking about the Youtube video?

But yeah, the ships 6 through 10 aren't actually usable during the closed beta.

Client update up in this bitch!

This may take a while...

SHIP 4 GAIZ

Edited by Debug Mode

Wait, how the fuck are you able to see all this? Mine just keeps saying server's undergoing maintenance! Unless you're talking about the Youtube video?

I guess it's too late now, but if you ran pso2.exe with -pso2 flag it would let you on. I heard it works if you weren't connected to the internet as well but I forgot to test it.

Didn't know they weren't using those ships, pretty silly to list them if you ask me.

Stuck at work until 6 :(

Just had a server wide crash haha. Ambitious stuff going on, stuck at the log in screen!

EDIT: Figured I'd better include some impressions to satisfy those who aren't fortunate enough to play. It's fucking awesome. It's also laggy as fuck.

Okay, it's unbearably laggy right now so I'm having another break.

ARKS cash isn't such a bad idea you know now that I've played with it. The scratch card 'gacha' things are a money sink like they are IRL and mainly provide limited edition costumes (fair play). I got incapacitated and it offered to let me buy a scape doll for 10 AC which was a surprise too. You're best off buying them in advance though =P

I'm loving at despite the lag though. Once that's fixed and we get an English version shit will be amazing. I can understand Japanese, but there is a lot of fucking kanji I don't have the foggiest idea about!

EDIT 2: Aaaaand emergency maintenance has been announced for April 20th. So there's some down time due between now and 4pm tomorrow!

EDIT 3: It seems there's a very big English speaking community in Ship 2 so I recommend you guys start there. I'll probably make a new character for it soon, only costs like 10 AC.

Edited by Debug Mode

Damn...so people can't play online until tomorrow after 4PM (Japan time)?

Given it's weekend tomorrow the traffic will probably be worse, it's a shame we might not get chance to play it lag-free.

Damn...so people can't play online until tomorrow after 4PM (Japan time)?

Given it's weekend tomorrow the traffic will probably be worse, it's a shame we might not get chance to play it lag-free.

No no, my bad, I didn't elaborate on it very well. The emergency maintenance was just going to kick in at a random point during the 24 hours and they couldn't say for how long. It'll still run for most of the day heh, my bad!

So are we going on ship 2 or 4 now?

It's up to you guys, I think I fucked up big time by aiming for 4. I would definitely suggest 2 if you haven't already decided.

EDIT: Server maintenance has begun. 2PM - 4PM Japan time, 6am - 8am our time. Apparently the lag issue has been long sorted but I guess they're not taking any chances considering how badly it will reflect on the game.

EDIT 2: Looking around the PSO2 website, I've found that I am allowed to invite 3 friends to the closed beta. If any one is interested, PM me ASAP. None of my friends are interested due to language barriers, not being able to run it or a general dislike for Phantasy Star.

EDIT 3: How infuriating. I think I might need to make a new character thanks to B-2 on the matter board being a complete cock. I've repeated the fucking mission so many damn times and no one seems to be able to help. For once, the PSO community is fucking useless haha, ah well. Still pissed that my 10 hours of progress might all be for naught.

Edited by Debug Mode

No no, my bad, I didn't elaborate on it very well. The emergency maintenance was just going to kick in at a random point during the 24 hours and they couldn't say for how long. It'll still run for most of the day heh, my bad!

It's up to you guys, I think I fucked up big time by aiming for 4. I would definitely suggest 2 if you haven't already decided.

EDIT: Server maintenance has begun. 2PM - 4PM Japan time, 6am - 8am our time. Apparently the lag issue has been long sorted but I guess they're not taking any chances considering how badly it will reflect on the game.

EDIT 2: Looking around the PSO2 website, I've found that I am allowed to invite 3 friends to the closed beta. If any one is interested, PM me ASAP. None of my friends are interested due to language barriers, not being able to run it or a general dislike for Phantasy Star.

EDIT 3: How infuriating. I think I might need to make a new character thanks to B-2 on the matter board being a complete cock. I've repeated the fucking mission so many damn times and no one seems to be able to help. For once, the PSO community is fucking useless haha, ah well. Still pissed that my 10 hours of progress might all be for naught.

If you still got a spot, send me one please. Not too enthusiastic cos of the language barrier, but playing Blue burst reminds me how much I loved this part of the franchise.

PM'ed! If any one else wants it, PM me your emails.

Okay, creating a new character now but on Ship 2 this time. My Safeguard character on Ship 4 is stuck in a confirmed glitch regarding the matter board. A warning for any one playing: Do NOT access the matter board before you receive it from the story character. Basically, don't touch F10.

I’ll give this game a try when it’s out. Never played any other PS games before.

It is very different from how previous PSO's have been played considering the drastic change in control, but it fuses together the best of Online and Universe so definitely give one of those a try.

If you search SCHTHACK, you'll find a private Online Blue Burst server which you can play for free. I definitely recommend giving it a whirl just so you can see whether you like the feel of it.

Also guys, I made a Ship 2 character due to my first character being glitched. Look out for PCELL, a dark coloured female cast.

EDIT: Fan-made English patch available here if any one has any trouble navigating the game.

Edited by Debug Mode

EDIT: Fan-made English patch available here if any one has any trouble navigating the game.

No chance of getting banned or anything if you use this. Not it matters that much.

Did the first chapter and so far I'm liking it. Battle system is pretty fluid. Foie and Barta symbols looked like Shifta and Deband which was confusing. Also not used to using keyboard and mouse controls but they work well.