NEurope
Happenstance

Phantasy Star Online 2

Haven't really had time to play it. Will hopefully get some time over the weekend.

*Sound of car approaching at high speed*

*Sound of car screeching to a stop*

*Sound of slamming car door*

*Sound of rushed footsteps up to the door*

*Sound of door being kicked down*

Somebody mentioned this was free-to-play? I loved the original, warts and all.

Sorry I'm late.

Edited by gaggle64

Haven't really had time to play it. Will hopefully get some time over the weekend.

Sweet, let me know if you do. Maxed out ranger class so I should probably move on to a new class after maintenance!

*Sound of car approaching at high speed*

*Sound of car screeching to a stop*

*Sound of slamming car door*

*Sound of rushed footsteps up to the door*

*Sound of door being kicked down*

Somebody mentioned this was free-to-play? I loved the original, warts and all.

Sorry I'm late.

You're still technically early, as it's currently in open beta! Full release probably due next week.

Depending on how you feel about playing a game that's completely in Japanese right now, I'll help set you up!

Lag seems to have been quashed with the maintenance, hardly experienced any this weekend. I wonder if that means official release is coming over the next few days, hope I manage to get my force class to level 30 before then!

Here's a picture to sum up this game so far:

295433_10151877786240720_1851726075_n.jpg

How long is left of the Beta? Only just completed the tutorial chapter so I'm still only level 2.

How long is left of the Beta? Only just completed the tutorial chapter so I'm still only level 2.

No idea, but it was looking like they were aiming on releasing it on the 26th of June to coincidence with the guide book they released.

So chances are, it'll be this week. They did say that as soon as every thing looks good, they'll go straight to official release. They might be working on some bugs though, as there's still some annoying ones floating around.

Looks like I made a good call. Servers are now down for 27 hours as they prepare for the official release on July 4th at 14:00 JST (6am July 4th GMT).

I hope they announce the details of the AC campaign soon because I doubt I'll buy any knowing that in the near future, there'll be a limit time period where you will be rewarded for doing so.

I was playing a game in Forest last night and suddenly the end boss from the event quest showed up half way through. I love that something random like that can happen in this game. Its always a surprise.

CQ0gf.jpg

Oh man, how I envy your ability to play with complex shaders D=

I absolutely love the emergency missions, it helps keep things feel fresh. Especially if you get a change over, because the bosses get ridiculously powerful, even more so if they're 'infected'.

They announced the AC campaign, you get 2x rare item drop +50% for buying more than 2000 AC, so I just stuck with the 10,000 AC package I had in mind.

EDIT: Seems like today went well for Sega, pretty much all the servers were filled to the brim with proles. I personally spent the day in a tuxedo with a bouquet rifle conversing with the other wealthy elite in the premium blocks.

Edited by Debug Mode

Kinda can't believe it's out of Beta testing. Final release almost had no fanfare I felt.

Seems my character is gone as well :( Pretty sure I saved properly :(. Curse you moon runes!

Edit: Never mind, they didn't have the ships listed in order for some strange reason. Also downside of having to play in such a small resolution.

Edited by Ike

I'm still struggling to unlock the caves area, I *think* I'm supposed to run through forest free mode in under 15 minutes and get an S rank but its just not working out, i'm always taking too long.

Kinda can't believe it's out of Beta testing. Final release almost had no fanfare I felt.

Seems my character is gone as well :( Pretty sure I saved properly :(. Curse you moon runes!

Edit: Never mind, they didn't have the ships listed in order for some strange reason. Also downside of having to play in such a small resolution.

Yeah, Ships 1-5 are heavily congested so they used this strategy to get people to register on 6-10. It hasn't worked very well apparently.

I'm still struggling to unlock the caves area, I *think* I'm supposed to run through forest free mode in under 15 minutes and get an S rank but its just not working out, i'm always taking too long.

From what I remember, you're right. You can do it as a party, so try inviting some NPC's or join another party of players.

You don't have to kill all the NPC's, but some people skip too many and lose the balance which costs them the S-rank. There's some hidden number that they use for the '100%' that you've gotta get for the S-rank as well as not dying.

What ship are you on? I'm level 31 (nearly 32) right now and can help blast you through it if you're on ship 2.

Clicking around the download executable, I think it's working. Good god this is what being illiterate must be like. I'm assuming I'm downloading the game and not a program to turn my laptop into an animated Ero-girl robot.

When I get there, do I need a Sega ID or anything similar or can I just register in the client? And what is the ideal place to be for an unenlightened western devil like myself? Still ship 2?

Clicking around the download executable, I think it's working. Good god this is what being illiterate must be like. I'm assuming I'm downloading the game and not a program to turn my laptop into an animated Ero-girl robot.

When I get there, do I need a Sega ID or anything similar or can I just register in the client? And what is the ideal place to be for an unenlightened western devil like myself? Still ship 2?

I really want to play this...but this is exactly what I DONT want to go thru.

You don't have to kill all the NPC's, but some people skip too many and lose the balance which costs them the S-rank. There's some hidden number that they use for the '100%' that you've gotta get for the S-rank as well as not dying.

What ship are you on? I'm level 31 (nearly 32) right now and can help blast you through it if you're on ship 2.

awesome, I'm on Ship 2 also. I won't be online for a few days but I will probably be able to play at the weekend.

awesome, I'm on Ship 2 also. I won't be online for a few days but I will probably be able to play at the weekend.

Cool cool! What's your character name? Mines Dhomochevsky (username: McTrevor) and it'll probably be a lot easier if I search you up and add you.

New emergency mission is fucking nuts. The EXP gained from it is absolutely insane.

Just to clairfy before heading in (still downloading) when I make a character I'm limited to one ship (the server) but can jump between each block (lobby)?

I really want to play this...but this is exactly what I DONT want to go thru.

See if this help: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/

Not too hard to sign up, come join the fun :)

Just to clairfy before heading in (still downloading) when I make a character I'm limited to one ship (the server) but can jump between each block (lobby)?

Yep, that's it.

Definitely make use of the website Ike shared. Any further questions put here or send me a private message!

I was gonna make an N-E team but I got scouted by 'Team Propaniacs' heh. Some all right guys. Was a pain in the ass being the only one with some Japanese knowledge, but I think they've scouted another now.

I was hoping to jump in tonight but it may have to wait. It appears to be patching at redonkulous slow speed.

I was hoping to jump in tonight but it may have to wait. It appears to be patching at redonkulous slow speed.

Yeah, servers are extremely busy. The patch is only 15mb just so you have some idea as to how busy!

Bad news though. Ships 1~5 have been locked, no new characters are being accepted for the next week or two.

After waiting half the day to download, install and patch this game as well as sign up, I accidentally uninstalled the game...

Oh man, that's gotta suck!

Did a client mission that gave me 5 extra skill points. Fuck awesome. Ploughed that shit all the way into upping my R-ATK stat.

OK just finished patching it for the second time! Time for round two

Lol, how? I've been blindly clicking stuff and managed not to uninstall it :P

Trying to download it onto the main computer to see how it runs. Download is slow from Japan :P

Is there an easy way to add each others Guild Cards?