NEurope
Happenstance

Phantasy Star Online 2

Lol, how? I've been blindly clicking stuff and managed not to uninstall it :P

Trying to download it onto the main computer to see how it runs. Download is slow from Japan :P

Is there an easy way to add each others Guild Cards?

Would you believe it's not the first time. Did the same thing with the character creator beta thing.

It's partly cos I was in a rush to play, but mainly cos sometimes windows rearranges the new installed item in the start menu. And the icon is in japanese but with the same PSO symbol so I have next to no idea what im clicking especially when the dialogue box pops up asking if I want to uninstall as that is in japanese too.

Anyways wont being doing it again as its now a link on my taskbar.

Starting oh ship 6. Been in the character creator for about an hour already having forgotten that I will be there with no english speakers and I am only aiming to play this temporarily....I hope. I know it's been said before but this is probably the best character creator I have ever used.

Ah, makes sense. I kept choosing the wrong option in the character creator and loosing my design :laughing:

Since it's free to play I'll probably play it casually until the English version. Unless I get hooked again :P

Made a female hunter/melee robot, forgot the proper term. Think its HuCast? The male versions just looked so damn bulky and I couldn't make one like I was able to in the old pso. Guess this will do for now. When I have the time and can understand properly what the sliders say, then I will have a serious bash. Just went through the tutorial. It's just like I remember but smoother and just better all round. Though that winy kid is already getting on my nerves. Bit scared to enter the lobby as I will be one of those people, playing on a server where I don't understand the main language :<

Yeah, servers are extremely busy. The patch is only 15mb just so you have some idea as to how busy!

Bad news though. Ships 1~5 have been locked, no new characters are being accepted for the next week or two.

It's only 15 megs? Blimey, I assumed it was some multiple-gigs the rate it was going.

If ships 1-5 are going to be closed off what's the next best choice for English speakers?

It's only 15 megs? Blimey, I assumed it was some multiple-gigs the rate it was going.

If ships 1-5 are going to be closed off what's the next best choice for English speakers?

Come ship 6, there's me and.....well that's it...

Ship 6 and Ship 10 are the best for English speakers right now. You'll probably find that blocks 20~22 or 30~32 are the ones stuffed with English players.

Ship 6 and Ship 10 are the best for English speakers right now. You'll probably find that blocks 20~22 or 30~32 are the ones stuffed with English players.

How do you know this? Is there a place where one could find out?

EDIT: Nevermind. Think all the info is on psoworld.com

Edited by Deathjam

Oh sweet mother of mercy I finally managed to patch the dratted thing up. Gotta go to work in a couple of hours now but here's my post-sport Sunday all mapped out. Reckon I'm going to be a bit boring a do a v2.0 of my RuCast Ranger from the original. Because robots with guns.

I wonder if my login on PSO World is still good?

Love the game, but just can't understand what I am doing. Apparently there are rumours that the update on monday is gonna be an english option so think I will just pray and wait for that.

Love the game, but just can't understand what I am doing. Apparently there are rumours that the update on monday is gonna be an english option so think I will just pray and wait for that.

I have my doubts but that would be a brilliant idea for Sega. A full localisation procedure would be risky considering so many people plan on sticking to the Japanese version, regardless of whether they understand it or not because there's always guides to read that outweighs the missing content SoA and SoE missed in the past.

It's absolutely amazing to see how packed this game is. Would love to hear some numbers regarding players and possibly the moment the game came in to profit despite being F2P.

I think there may be some adjustments to the cost of some AC products like the scape dolls as I haven't seen any one use them or even heard of any one buying them. For what they are, you might as well just rely on some one else to spare a moon atomiser for you or heaven forbid, go back to your camp ship and suck up a reduced ranking.

Where'd you hear that? I know Sega America have been building up to something, like the twitter account being active again and I believe they said they had something to announce?

Sounds kinda crazy but for some reason it makes sense. English logos have been there since the Alpha, I guess all they need to do is add the text files.

Come ship 6, there's me and.....well that's it...

That's good enough for me.

Where'd you hear that? I know Sega America have been building up to something, like the twitter account being active again and I believe they said they had something to announce?

Sounds kinda crazy but for some reason it makes sense. English logos have been there since the Alpha, I guess all they need to do is add the text files.

Read it on PSO world but it is just a rumour. Here is some more info:

Long story short, Edward/Sega have been hinting at some type of PSO related announcement through Twitter and the English forums. All signs point to an English PSO2 announcement, and no signs point towards anything else. Edward said that hinting at anything that was more than a full season away would be painfully unfair, thus saying if it is an English PSO2 announcement, it will be here before winter.

Honestly with the way things are going I think SEGA will be going either international release or JP exclusive. The game is digital and extremely cheap to distribute. If they fix up the servers they could ring in profits from all over the world while only running 1 version of the game(well 3 if you could vita and mobile >.<) I think it's only JP right now to see if it works (the pay model and such) and after some time they could add more languages. There actually IS a language setting on the patcher and the game natively supports for other region Windows platforms with IME direct support as well. Maybe I'm just putting my hopes up too far and they will fall and shatter like a hollow glass ball but I see it could happen...

The speculation is at this link.

That's good enough for me.

I'll defo be on tomorrow, and if I can get some company, then i'll be on the whole day probably. Was just on now and am starting to get a hang of the options, skills, menus and just generally what I am doing.

Reading that PSO2 blog fully really helps as rather than being able to understand the options, you just start to realise what choices are available when you press a button and then press some more to you get what you want.

An advantage of using a single client would perhaps mean that we should get the same updates/events at the same time as long as they don't language lock stuff. They were really bad at keeping up in previous versions when they were split.

Guess we'll just have to play the waiting game for now :)

I'm fine either way. Though I would love to have the mix of Japanese servers with official English language support so you guys and my friends can hop in without too much hassle, it also welcomes the undesirables over on the 360 version of PSU D=

Also, Dragon sword just dropped for me. With added heat element. That party was mighty jelly.

EDIT: GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS!

Good news: English PSO2 release confirmed!

Spring 2013.

Edited by Debug Mode

I'm fine either way. Though I would love to have the mix of Japanese servers with official English language support so you guys and my friends can hop in without too much hassle, it also welcomes the undesirables over on the 360 version of PSU D=

Also, Dragon sword just dropped for me. With added heat element. That party was mighty jelly.

EDIT: GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS!

Good news: English PSO2 release confirmed!

Spring 2013.

I think I'm angry but I also think the anger is somewhat subdued by the fact I can confidently (Ish) play the game.

Sega officially announces a western release.

SEGA ANNOUNCES THE WESTERN RELEASE OF PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 SEGA’s Epic Free-to-Play Multiplayer Action RPG Coming to North America and Europe in Early 2013

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON – July 9th, 2012 – SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd today announced that free-to-play multiplayer action RPG Phantasy Star Online 2 will be coming to North America and Europe in 2013. For a first look at this new entry in the legendary Phantasy Star series, check out the official Phantasy Star Online 2 teaser site at http://www.pso2.com.

“Phantasy Star Online was a revolutionary game when it was released, and we want to make sure that its successor in the series is every bit as ambitious,” said Chris Olson, Vice President of Digital Business at SEGA of America. “We look forward to introducing Phantasy Star Online 2’s unique, easy-to-access multiplayer action to the rest of the world next year!”

“The number one thing we want to provide players in Phantasy Star Online 2 is an adventure that changes every time they log in. Just as great table-top RPG experiences revolve around imaginative and unexpected encounters, we want players to consistently be surprised as they explore dungeons and undertake quests,” added Satoshi Sakai, Phantasy Star Online 2 Producer at SEGA of Japan.

Over ten years have passed since the release of the boundary-breaking Dreamcast hit, Phantasy Star Online, and SEGA is poised to continue the Phantasy Star series’ multiplayer legacy on PCs worldwide with Phantasy Star Online 2. In the Year 238, the New Era of Light, players will join a new band of Arcs in the fight against mysterious D-Arkers, embarking on another epic adventure of infinite possibilities!

Phantasy Star Online 2’s features include:

Deep sci-fi fantasy universe filled with lush landscapes, extraordinary creatures, and epic adventures

Revolutionary real-time combat and third-person action with devastating combos and counters to master

Flexible, class-based leveling system that lets players define their own play-style with distinctive melee, ranged, and magic weapon types

Randomized dungeon maps and unexpected mid-quest encounters that ensure each quest is different for each player

Deep character creation system with a nearly limitless number of potential appearances

Three degrees of humanity to experience across three unique races: the versatile Humans, spiritually-powered Newmen, and artificial CAST

For more information about Phantasy Star Online 2, visit the official site at http://www.pso2.com.

For more news, follow SEGA on Twitter @SEGA (http://twitter.com/phantasystar) or “like” us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/sega.pso2).

I just need a console version to be announced and then i'm a happy chappy.

I just need a console version to be announced and then i'm a happy chappy.

Aside from the Vita version, I don't have much hope for a console port.

Heck, I can't even imagine playing the game on the Vita. It's missing quite a few buttons that I have no idea how they plan to remap and I'm still personally hoping it's a separate, stand alone game much like Portable was to Phantasy Star Universe.

Ship 10 has now been locked so come on down to ship 6 any newcomers!

Spent late into Saturday night figuring everything out, built myself a big arse robot and stomped around figuring which desk did what. I found the one that sells guns anyway, though what I think is the Tekker desk is always going to be utterly impenetrable.

I just really hope I can just use/transfer my character on the eventual English release, I'll be mad if I end up having to start at lvl 1 again.

Spent late into Saturday night figuring everything out, built myself a big arse robot and stomped around figuring which desk did what. I found the one that sells guns anyway, though what I think is the Tekker desk is always going to be utterly impenetrable.

I just really hope I can just use/transfer my character on the eventual English release, I'll be mad if I end up having to start at lvl 1 again.

Im on now leveling a friends character if you wanna team up? RaCast with a big bazooka rocks.

Im on now leveling a friends character if you wanna team up? RaCast with a big bazooka rocks.

Tell you what, gaggle64 is my sega ID (I'm assuming there's a list to add folks to somewhere and keep tabs on) so if you ever see me on, tap me on the shoulder and I'll beam right in (or whatever the equivalent is). I may go in and start on the first non-tutorial mission some point tonight so hit me up whenever.

If I don't chat I've probably closed the chat box and can't find it again. :heh:

Edited by gaggle64

Tell you what, gaggle64 is my sega ID (I'm assuming there's a list to add folks to somewhere and keep tabs on) so if you ever see me on, tap me on the shoulder and I'll beam right in (or whatever the equivalent is). I may go in and start on the first non-tutorial mission some point tonight so hit me up whenever.

If I don't chat I've probably closed the chat box and can't find it again. :heh:

Lol ok. Took me like 15 mins to figure out how to add someone to the friend list. Then I deleted the invite lol. Will add you right now.

EDIT: Can't seem to find people using the sega id so whats your character name as that should be work. Or instead you can search for me. SEGAID is Deathjam - Character name is Gea.

Edited by Deathjam

Tekker counter is relatively simple. The female will check any red boxes you find, allowing you to choose an element (You'll be able to work this out by the icon) and a choice of special ability.

Choices are:

ラッキライズ (Lucky Rise) - Increases the likelihood of rare items dropping

メセタフィーバー (Meseta Fever) - Increases meseta

EXPブースト (EXP Boost) - Increases EXP by 5% if I remember correctly

The guy at the counter on the left though can be a nightmare. The key thing you need to know though is the first option, which is grinding. Choose the weapon you'd like to grind and if you have enough meseta and a grinder (グラインダー), you have a chance to add a +1 grind to your weapon, making it more powerful. I think from level 4 and onwards, risk becomes a factor and if you fail a grind, you may go backwards a grind or two.

If you need any more help, just ask here, private message or use the awesome guides over at Bumped.

Edited by Debug Mode