NEurope
Happenstance

Phantasy Star Online 2

Lol ok. Took me like 15 mins to figure out how to add someone to the friend list. Then I deleted the invite lol. Will add you right now.

EDIT: Can't seem to find people using the sega id so whats your character name as that should be work. Or instead you can search for me. SEGAID is Deathjam - Character name is Gea.

Right. Would have assumed the Sega ID was the right one though. Character name is Portsmouth G64.

I really love how they've captured the original PSO and updated it. That video above is all brand new but at the same time it's intimately familiar.

New(?) enemies remind me of the Sinow. New boss looks impressive :o

The boss is Big Vader (which many people are quick to emphasise the fact that the 'Va' is pronounced like the 'va' in 'vanilla').

Shit's going to get even more intense around autumn/winter as they're supposedly planning a megaboss. If Big Vader isn't a megaboss then... fuuuuuuck

No global servers for NA/EU PSO2.

RIP.

Oh, godammit.

Edited by gaggle64

SEGA needs to stop fucking itself over with these ideas.

It's all or nothing with a game like this with the past the franchise has had in the west. It may be free to play, but it doesn't mean shit if people aren't confident enough to buy AC in a game they'll see to be miles behind another regions counter-part.

Sayonara Sega NA/EU, you're already fucking up your focus on digital products.

It is an utter curiosity that this is the first game in years that people want to give them serious money for and they've basically shot it in kneecaps for the larger part of it's likely userbase.

I mean I really, really like what they've done here. They've taken a manageable, co-operative online game that succeeded in spite of everything last time out, improved the action, exploded the skill sets, made each area more varied and challenging and layered the whole thing with all-round decent design. I just can't believe somebody didn't look at it and think "hang on, people might want to play this." When you've got western users solving Japanese capcha just to give you money, a multi-lingual website and a bit of Roman alphabet in the actual game seems the least one should do.

Edited by gaggle64

Totally agree. Tried to buy some AC, and thanks to the capcha I can't. It like Sega is saying overseas money is not good enough ¬_¬

Do they honestly expect people to believe it takes nine months to translate the game when they already have hilarious filters that prevent from using swear/possibly offesive (aids?) words from various countries. It may require less work, but it shows that someone already has an understanding of these other languages.

No global servers for NA/EU PSO2.

RIP.

Hmm I'm confused, does this mean PSO2 won't be coming to EU anymore?

I think he meant that there won't be one unified server for all of us to play on.

There will be different servers for East Asian/EU/American regions and thus we will be subject to delays in content/patches and general outright omissions as well as a general lack of care and focus.

It will be, but the biggest appeal about the original PSO, the global servers, wont be introduced. Players from the EU/NA game will be limited to that region only, having no access to the Japanese community or playing their current accounts on the JP server in English.

Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal. People still played Universe and Portable despite the local servers. The problem is Sega's poor record of keeping a steady stream of updates. So many things were just scrapped in Blue Burst and Universe and ended up constantly being around 2 years behind Japanese content updates.

Not only that, it also became a hackers playground because their lack of effort wasn't limited to content updates. Cheaters ran rampant with duping, hacking accounts etc. Heck, there's even been constant billing problems across these games that end up with customers being unable to pay and even when they do, sometimes get double or triple charged. There's never been any effort on their part to prevent this, it's more of a "well fuck it, they'll just call us if it happens to them".

I'm sticking to the Japanese servers, but I've got an awful feeling they might pull an IP ban out of their ass.

It will be, but the biggest appeal about the original PSO, the global servers, wont be introduced. Players from the EU/NA game will be limited to that region only, having no access to the Japanese community or playing their current accounts on the JP server in English.

Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal. People still played Universe and Portable despite the local servers. The problem is Sega's poor record of keeping a steady stream of updates. So many things were just scrapped in Blue Burst and Universe and ended up constantly being around 2 years behind Japanese content updates.

Not only that, it also became a hackers playground because their lack of effort wasn't limited to content updates. Cheaters ran rampant with duping, hacking accounts etc. Heck, there's even been constant billing problems across these games that end up with customers being unable to pay and even when they do, sometimes get double or triple charged. There's never been any effort on their part to prevent this, it's more of a "well fuck it, they'll just call us if it happens to them".

I'm sticking to the Japanese servers, but I've got an awful feeling they might pull an IP ban out of their ass.

More detail but beat ya to it :grin:

If they do IP ban you Debug you can always use a VPN.

I couldn't understand Japanese people so it won't make much difference to me, but not being able to interact with Americans seems a bit silly.

Easily best boss fight in the franchise. I haven't had so much fun in an action RPG boss fight for quite a while.

Part 1 of what's due in August..

Coming up on August 1st:

The third emergency quest will be introduced, this time set on Naberius rather than on the ARKS ship. Boss is a reskin of the panthers, which are easily the biggest pain in the ass currently in the game.

First event themed monsters introduced. Summer version of rappies (ohhh the nostalgia) and they might drop a fish sword. Awesome shit.

New scratch card incoming with a vacation theme, replacing the wedding theme set. Bikini's and other costumes and yet again I will not be touching that paid scratch card feature.

Coming up on August 8th:

Planet Amdouskia gets its second area, the Floating Continent. Looks like we're finally getting some elemental variation, the mobs appear to be weak to Dark type (currently, only the rare Phantasy Star Zero themed Rappy has that weakness). Quartz Dragon is the new boss and apparently has no elemental weakness.

I'm really liking the pace they have here, I just wonder how long it will last. From the 8th of August update until September 26th, the winning character from the character design competition (who looks the spitting image of Matsuko Deluxe*) will be giving out special client orders which will probably result in rare items.

*The winning character:

img_chara18.png

Matsuko Deluxe:

Part 1 of what's due in August..

Coming up on August 1st:

The third emergency quest will be introduced, this time set on Naberius rather than on the ARKS ship. Boss is a reskin of the panthers, which are easily the biggest pain in the ass currently in the game.

First event themed monsters introduced. Summer version of rappies (ohhh the nostalgia) and they might drop a fish sword. Awesome shit.

New scratch card incoming with a vacation theme, replacing the wedding theme set. Bikini's and other costumes and yet again I will not be touching that paid scratch card feature.

Coming up on August 8th:

Planet Amdouskia gets its second area, the Floating Continent. Looks like we're finally getting some elemental variation, the mobs appear to be weak to Dark type (currently, only the rare Phantasy Star Zero themed Rappy has that weakness). Quartz Dragon is the new boss and apparently has no elemental weakness.

I'm really liking the pace they have here, I just wonder how long it will last. From the 8th of August update until September 26th, the winning character from the character design competition (who looks the spitting image of Matsuko Deluxe*) will be giving out special client orders which will probably result in rare items.

*The winning character:

img_chara18.png

Matsuko Deluxe:

Is this content for max level players?

I'm conflicted. I love sega for making this game. But I hate the steps they have taken to accommodate overseas players i.e. next to none (no IP ban being the only real accommodation). They bring out interesting content like this, but it serves as a real slap in the face to people who are waiting for a western release.

And the process of buying AC is so damn convoluted and for people without a credit card, you are screwed as it wont accept debit cards and the web money is either sold out or has a pretty uncomfortable process required to attain some.

And despite my complaining I still enjoy the game. Just guess I am glutton for punishment.

Looking at the levels of the monsters, I imagine the level required will be 1 or 2 above the Mines they introduced a week or two ago, so around 36-37. Pretty high admittedly and it's rather annoying that it's locked to hard mode only rather than introducing both normal and hard mode so people in the level 25-30 range aren't faced with a massive grind. Seriously, 25~30 is fucking annoying.

It all depends on your debit card dude. If you have a Visa debit card, you're fine as that's what I used. If not, try looking around for a pre-paid Visa card as I know those are offered. The only real problem is putting in a fake JP address on the Sega ID page, I just supplied them with the address I'm due to be staying in but some people just supplied them with Sega HQ's address.

To be honest, you don't really need AC. I've only used the trade feature once that comes with premium to quickly give another premium friend a tech disc that I picked up but didn't need, though I do use the My Shop, My Room and Premium blocks quite a lot!

Looking at the levels of the monsters, I imagine the level required will be 1 or 2 above the Mines they introduced a week or two ago, so around 36-37. Pretty high admittedly and it's rather annoying that it's locked to hard mode only rather than introducing both normal and hard mode so people in the level 25-30 range aren't faced with a massive grind. Seriously, 25~30 is fucking annoying.

It all depends on your debit card dude. If you have a Visa debit card, you're fine as that's what I used. If not, try looking around for a pre-paid Visa card as I know those are offered. The only real problem is putting in a fake JP address on the Sega ID page, I just supplied them with the address I'm due to be staying in but some people just supplied them with Sega HQ's address.

To be honest, you don't really need AC. I've only used the trade feature once that comes with premium to quickly give another premium friend a tech disc that I picked up but didn't need, though I do use the My Shop, My Room and Premium blocks quite a lot!

Would really like to respec which you need ac for :( also i used a visa debit card and it wasn't accepted. Got past the japanese house details by putting in the ones on the PSO2 Guide Blog.

English patch now works with the full version! Just make sure your up to date before applying tthe patch...

English patch now works with the full version! Just make sure your up to date before applying tthe patch...

My god man, I love you! Would be in bed by now fast asleep if I hadn't seen this message! :indeed:

I presume most of you have heard about the 'new clause' in the user agreement for PSO2. It was there during Closed Beta, but they removed it and have now decided to bring it back it seems.

Basically, "Japanese domestic connections only to play the game. Overseas direct connections and outside connections connecting through domestic proxies are disallowed". Despite the strong wording, this clause has been in Alpha and Closed Beta, Phantasy Star Universe and Blue Burst. The press decided to report this as "FOREIGNERS ALL BANNED, WAIT UNTIL 2013".

Yet the servers went up and everything is running as normal, except the retards in Ship 2 Block 20 have finally realised they should probably be a bit more quiet now. But, I've got a feeling they might enforce this somewhere down the line as this is incredibly different from previous offerings seeing as it's F2P.

If they aren't going to let people from outside of Japan play then they would have implemented an IP lock, but they haven't, so ::shrug: They are quite happy to accept our money as well so if anything they'll just end up hurting themselves in the end.

If they aren't going to let people from outside of Japan play then they would have implemented an IP lock, but they haven't, so ::shrug: They are quite happy to accept our money as well so if anything they'll just end up hurting themselves in the end.

Don't you have to lie to them and tell them you live in Japan to do that?