NEurope
Happenstance

Phantasy Star Online 2

Oh wow, got a score on 99 on default settings on my laptop :( 859 on lowest.

Edit: Spent ages making a character and I apparently went and hit the random generate button at the end...

Try playing windowed at a lower resolution man. If you've got shared graphics though, it's probably best not to even bother.

Does no one here own a gaming pc?

I've been planning on one but I keep ending up needing the funds for more important things. My laptop has always been trusty enough to run most of the stuff I want to play but I think the poor thing is getting old!

Id love to be able to afford a proper gaming PC but unfortunately I just cant at the moment. My current PC hasnt had problems running any games ive tried so far though so im happy enough for now.

I don't tend to play many PC games, so no. I was thinking about my laptop later this year anyway.

Tried it on my PC and got just over 2000 on setting 2.

I don't tend to play many PC games, so no. I was thinking about my laptop later this year anyway.

Tried it on my PC and got just over 2000 on setting 2.

2000 is the mark you're looking for so that's all good! You'll get an average of 30fps which is good enough. Some crazy bastards on /v/ got 99999 on setting 1 =|

EDIT: Apparently the City area we've been seeing is only available as an emergency mission that's released for an hour a few times each day. Sounds a lot better than the emergency missions in the Portable series, which are so rare I haven't even encountered one haha (to be fair, I haven't played too much of the multiplayer mode, which is the only way to encounter them).

Edited by Debug Mode

I think the score was a bit made up to be honest, on max settings the benchmark ran smoothly despite an 800 score...

Probably we'll be fine, if not - Vita version. :p

Probably we'll be fine, if not - Vita version. :p

Agreed. To be honest, I think I'll be fine at 1024x768 once they allow fullscreen for it and optimise it a lot more.

I actually don't mind the minimal setting as well, it looks good and some of the effects look a lot like the effects used in the original Phantasy Star Online which is a major plus for a nostalgia whore such as myself.

The android in the benchmark was such a lazy bastard...jet boosters? Why won't these be equipped to my Ramar's feet? :p

Assuming there's challenge mode we should hit this up together. :)

Challenge mode is a staple in each of the online enabled games, they would be crazy not to put it in! It wont be in the Beta test though I presume, I just hope that if I get into the closed Beta that it's not during my exam week haha.

2000 is the mark you're looking for so that's all good! You'll get an average of 30fps which is good enough. Some crazy bastards on /v/ got 99999 on setting 1 =|

Yeah it was running fine, wasn't sure what a suitable score was before.

Just set it to the lowest resolution on my laptop and got 3758 :laughing: FPS was around 49 to 70 range.

I'll probably get a powerful enough computer to display it on max settings eventually. Atmosphere has always been a major factor in why I enjoy the Phantasy Star series so much.

Although it's too early to say, I've got a feeling Online 2 wont get any where near to the atmosphere the original Online had, which is kind of expected considering the scenario. Online was just so mysterious and bleak. It was absolutely amazing how well it conveyed the story of the Pioneer project, the cover ups and the story of Ragol. You couldn't get any of the juicy stuff out of the story unless you really digged around for it as you were just a regular Hunter that wasn't privy to the whole picture.

This has pretty much been my dig with the Universe series. The gameplay in a lot of respects was greatly improved (although the in-depth stuff such as section ID's and Mag's were cut), but the story took a major hit as it was all laid out in front of you and the stories weren't really that good either. The dynamic music which enhanced the experience in Online was scrapped too, thank fuck Online 2 will bring that back.

Online 2 makes even further advances to the gameplay which is great. Fusions between elements of Online and Universe series worked well in Portable 2 & Infinity, so I'm sure they've got it in the bag. I just hope they manage to at least give us some connection to Online and hopefully maintain a similar atmosphere. But hey, there's gotta be some connection between the Arkz from Episode III and the Arks, right?

Started playing Blue Burst on the Schtack forums. My does it take me back to my dreamcast days. It's so fun even though it's so old. Really makes me look forward to PSO2

Started playing Blue Burst on the Schtack forums. My does it take me back to my dreamcast days. It's so fun even though it's so old. Really makes me look forward to PSO2

Woot! What's your character's name? On at the moment, should be on during the day (Sunday) too.

Come on guys, we could have some epic games if more follow suit. It's free. :)

Woot! What's your character's name? On at the moment, should be on during the day (Sunday) too.

Come on guys, we could have some epic games if more follow suit. It's free. :)

Characters name is vivelox. I'll come on now

Hey just a head's up I can see you in a Towards The Future quest game on the lobby game list. After you start a quest no-one else can join your game, so I can't come in. I see everyone else left your game so I guess it finished, see you in a new game or the lobby?

TTF, oh that brings back memories. Just been playing with some of the Gamecube guys because I haven't been online in years. The Gamecube server is Elouise if you're curious as to how dead it is =P

But yeah, I go on both Gamecube and Blueburst from time to time and with both I sometimes hang out in Stanfield to chat.

Gamecube I'm mostly playing as a pink haired RAmarl called Safeguard.

Blue Burst, lately using a RAmarl called S.Musubi but sometimes using a HUcast called Shadow.

My highest character is level 180, I could always see if I could reach 200...

My lowest is 144, I'll join in a bit if your still playing and have room :).

I've never gotten that far on any save on any platform haha. I usually end up getting bored past 100 and making a new character months down the line. So many deleted characters..

Episode 4 gave out a lot of EXP when I used to play it, more then what was given out on the official SEGA version. Think there was one or two boosted EXP bonus events as well.

Yeah SCHT has a lot of events and exclusive quests that really help with gaining exp.

And just checked out their updates, good to see they finally got around to stackable materials in the bank haha. They tried that years ago but it broke a shit load of stuff.

My highest character is level 180, I could always see if I could reach 200...

My lowest is 144, I'll join in a bit if your still playing and have room :).

Sure, what's your character name?

Tried resting for a bit since ill with flu, didn't really get anywhere with that so I'll be back on in a jiff.

My main character is a HUmar called Skeith.

Sure, what's your character name?

Tried resting for a bit since ill with flu, didn't really get anywhere with that so I'll be back on in a jiff.

My main character is a HUmar called Skeith.

Chris (Original, I know), FOmar. Level 180 (unless you prefer me to use a lower level character).

Looks like I'll probably be entering the fray with a new character on Blue Burst. Probably going with a FOmarl named Maeve.