NEurope
Happenstance

Phantasy Star Online 2

Yep, which is voiding the contract agreement when you create a SEGA ID.

Ike's got a point though, this would harm them considering I know quite a lot of English players have bought AC and definitely plan on sticking with premium membership. The problem comes down to the fact that a lot of people plan on sticking to the JP version rather than go through it all in English with a delay in content and the potential target marketing problem that may hamper advertising revenue if too many foreigners are playing (especially those who have no interesting in buying AC).

I hope they don't do it, but I've got a bad feeling about it. I wouldn't mind a deal where foreign connections must be playing with a premium account to play the JP version, because that's more money for them (and I can see the US/EU pricing for premium to be significantly cheaper).

The PSO2 blog updated regarding the update in the ToC. They say they don't want to ban IP from outside of Japan, however most of the attempts to hack the game are coming from outside Japan and they will start blocking if it continues. They have now blocked buying AC with a foreign Credit Card now though.

So it could end in a small number of people ruining it for the rest of us.

I can't even begin to imagine what the purpose of hacking a generous, co-op-RPG like PSO2 would be.

Edited by gaggle64

I think all this proves is that they are indeed going to region restrict us at some point.

I'm all cool with the "Yeah, as long as the minority don't fuck it up for you" attitude, to be fair, a lot of the English players consistently breaking community rules and are incredibly rude, especially with the widespread racism. But what I have a problem with is the fact that he also announced they are additionally blocking foreign credit cards.

Does that sound pants on head retarded to you? Because it should, considering they're denying perfectly good money. And I think that's the hint that the IP ban is coming, regardless of exploits.

I think the blocking foreign cards thing is a bit weird since it's F2P, not exactly going to stop them playing the game, is it? Not unless they really want to buy the bikini outfit :P

I certainly don't think they want to IP block, because they would have done it by now or from the start, but if they worked harder with SoE & SoA and gotten the English release out quicker we wouldn't be having this problem.

I've pretty much gotten used to it to be honest. It's just a shame that not many video game fans, especially Phantasy Star fans, lack a spine these days otherwise there would just be a mass exodus.

It's killing me that I don't have much time to play these days D=

Though admittedly, it's getting boring fast. And I'm kind of thankful for that, as the gaijin ban is most likely coming now. Every one who paid via credit card, even if the payment was accepted and processed, has been refunded. Me included.

OK, not really PSO2 related, but I just found out there's a bunch of PSO and PSU soundtracks on iTunes! Had no idea they were there. Instant buy. Though I can't buy the full album on one or two because it says it's a partial album? They even have the PS0 sound track on it.

Ah, I heard Sega were putting albums on iTunes, didn't know it included the PSO soundtracks.

I'd still rather the physical editions myself though.

Also, it's best to point out that this month sees the final story content released for Part 1 of PSO2. Looks like we're going back to episodes!

Update day.. and there was a nice message stating that at 8PM Falz was going to make his first appearance and wreck all of ARKS shit.

So, 8PM came and an emergency was announced. First off, he has arms which you have to defeat as a multiparty (so 12 people fighting against these massive arms). As a collective, the whole server must inflict a hidden amount of damage that's determined by the amount of people online at the time of the emergency. If the server succeeds, the second phase will become available straight afterwards.

Second phase was achieved and my god, that boss is actually difficult even with a multiparty. Took us 13 minutes but no doubt that'll become a lot quicker once every one has had enough practice. Remixes of some classic themes from PSO play during the fight and you get some nice stuff playing when the HP starts to dwindle, leading to a transition to a different song.

Easily one of the best fights in the Phantasy Star series. It didn't beat the feeling I got when I solo'd Big Varder (although it's pretty easy, there's just something very awesome about fighting a massive battle ship), but it's going to be something to look forward to as it seems to be an emergency boss only.

Had a listen pf the Dark Falz music on Youtube and it's so good. Love the subtle mix of the old songs in the background.

Didn't realise it's the 25th anniversary of Phantasy Star. SEGA released the Phantasy Star Complete Collection on the Japanese PSN, which by the way has the English version of the main games on it, while every one else gets nothing :(.

Episode 2 teaser trailer:

Meanwhile the English version has been delayed...

Episode 2 teaser trailer:

Meanwhile the English version has been delayed...

Yes I just found out about this today. Sega letting me down again, and yet I am still surprised. When will I learn?

Since the game got delayed again and since the game has now been patched to work 100% in english, I'm gonna dive into it right now. Is anyone here playing it?

So after my friend who I used to play PSO with informed me of the PSO2 Tweaker program - he's been playing for a while but I've been resisting due to lack of 100% proper translation plus just stubbornness on my part - I decided to take the plunge, registering an account wasn't too bad apart from the Japanese 'Captcha Boss' as it's referred to on the PSOW guide which did take me a few attempts, then it was just a case of downloading the game installer and the entire game which I unwittingly went for the original JP install and it took me literally a whole day to download. :hmm:

But now I have it, got the PSO2 Tweaker program, got the first two Eng language patches installed but now I need to get the story mode patch which is another 1.8GB... :blank:

It'll be worth it, hopefully by today/tomorrow I'll be playing the game or will have at least logged in successfully and created a character, but I won't properly be playing until the weekend; if all goes well though, then... yay! Screw waiting for the possiblyneverbeingreleasedanyway localised English version! :grin:

Let me know how 'English' it seems. I remember the beta being a bit disappointing since I couldn't really understand much (although it looked good). Really wish they would hurry up with the EUR/USA releases.

Edited by Sheikah

It's came a long way since the Beta. Last I checked it had most, if not all of the episode 1 story translated. Menus are all in English. Some stuff is still in Japanese but it's mostly the sever side stuff.

It's a shame though that I couldn't really communicate well with people. Think I will wait and see if this ever makes it.

Friendly reminder that, despite Sega insisting it is still coming and that it's just simply delayed, that you're all missing out on this

I'm playing both the PC and Vita version, it's fucking heavenly.

Looks so good. I like the new ice skates weapon. :p

Do you need to play the Vita game with a Japanese PSN account or will an UK one work to play online?

Looks so good. I like the new ice skates weapon. :p

Do you need to play the Vita game with a Japanese PSN account or will an UK one work to play online?

I know there's been a discovery to download and play Japanese demo's on other region accounts (because of their lack of DRM), but can you actually download it onto a UK account? I'm not exactly sure if you can, so all I can say is that you'll probably need a Japanese PSN account.

Sega are going out of the console business so it will never come to the west ;(

Well, this is by SEGA PC so that could be an indication they're going to focus on that platform still? Publishers are definitely starting to see the PC as a viable platform these days.

Playing Destiny has really put me in the mood for PSO2 again so I think im finally going to download it and install the english patches. No point waiting for a Western release anymore!