NEurope
Frank

Strangest movie/anything really

Right. Let's create the scene. Just a few hours ago I turned on the computer like I usually do and turned on the TV. I was just waiting for the (incredibly slow) computer to load up and came across this movie called Hard Candy.

Please tell me if you've seen because...it was strange. I missed the first hour so I was immediately in this scene where that main character from Juno (Ellen Page, I think) was castrating some other man who she had tied down. Of course I got stuck into it and from what I could tell from there on she was trying to torture him or something as she thought he was a pedophile...I think. The styling was great but very far-fetched. I could just be judging it too harshly though because I only saw the last hour :blush:

So, the question of the day! What is the strangest or weirdest movie that you've seen? Or you can just talk about some strange things you've seen in general. I don't mind.

P.S. No ReZ jokes! It's too obvious and bound to come up somewhere on this thread :p

That film was pretty off the wall. Women in the cinema were grinning, but us men were literally cacking it during that scene.

I remember being a kid and seeing the candyman. Like some guy covered in honey and bees, actually scared the shit out of me at the time.

Not to be pretentious or anything, but Hard Candy is pretty mainstream, if one is being honest...

Anywho, there's always stuff like Jodorowsky, Buñuel, Tetsuo, 964 Pinocchio, Visitor Q, Funky Forest... you know, that kind of thing.

Bunuel is horrible the eye scene :woops:

Salo is pretty fucked up, although its more uncomfortable.

Strange is David Lynchs forte though really, Eraserhead especially.

After giving this about 10 seconds of thought, I realised that this was probably the strangest thing I've ever seen, especially out of context:

Stick with it. It's also one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

And yes, those are vaginas in her hands.

Edited by Guy

^ What the hell.... I'm failing to find words for what I've just watched there Scoop. :laughing:

Not really watched anything particularly strange. Well not in the vain of some of the stuff posted so far. Think the only thing that comes close to being strange was watching a rafting safety video in high school for CCF. Nothing particularly strange about it, until it ended up at a point where a boat capsized, someone was trapped under the water drowning and a camera was helpfully placed so that it filmed the whole thing, basically becoming a snuff film.

Hard Candy isn't a "strange" movie, as Oxigen said.

Try something like Inland Empire, Synecdoche,NewYork(strange by mainstream standards, it's very coherent), Solaris, The Cook,The Thief,His Wife and her Lover etc. Or even Waking Life. Stuff like that.

TRASH HUMPERS

I didn't go and see it in the end. :(

Hard Candy is a good film I wouldn't say strange though, really.

Some anime stuff I've been like what the hell? :p but I'm used to that now. ACIDIC BREAST MILK.

Also my friend showed me the end scenes of Requiem for a dream with no context before hand was strange.

ASS TO ASS

Weirdest film I've seen?

Where the Wild Things Are that film was just creepy. The goat was displaying secret molester like behaviours and made me uncomfortable.

Also:

GOOBY!

death_gooby_by_zombiegooby.jpg

Because everybody needs a friend!

Edited by Coolness Bears

I wouldn't say Hard Candy is strange. I really liked it actually.

As for that video posted by Scoop, W T F.

I just read the plot synopsis for Hard Candy on wikipedia....sounds pretty dumb.

It's not dumb.

It's really good.

For me it'd be "À ma sœur!"

That new film that came out recently about the doctor that does that stuff...thats pretty weird....what was it called...oh yeah

Doctor Dolittle

46690_10150239530230581_509970580_14352560_2340017_n.jpg

Update

-------------------

47807_10150242170645581_509970580_14426059_2342664_n.jpg

Mulholland Drive is probably the weirdest film I've seen, or weirdest that I own at least.

I just read the plot synopsis for Hard Candy on wikipedia....sounds pretty dumb.

Why would you ruin a good film like that?

This reminds me of a totally werid film I saw one late night, but I can't remember the name.

Some family had a adult but they treated him like a baby, and used a cattle prod if he didn't act all baby like. Some social services womans visits and gets all curious and believes that "Baby" as the adult guy is called is really more intelligent and being abused/made to act like a baby.

She beats the crap out the crazy family and saves "Baby" but the werid twist is she is into the whole baby adult fetish thing, and she still treats him like a baby at her house.

Was so weird.

Edit was called "The Baby"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069754/

Edited by Gentleben

Not to be pretentious or anything, but Hard Candy is pretty mainstream, if one is being honest...

You pretentious fucker.

Why would you ruin a good film like that?

I'm over it. More to the point, if I have no desire to see a film after just a plot synopsis...I'm not sure I'd want to watch it anyways.

Well I still think that it was pretty weird. I'm sure though that it's subjective based on the viewer.

Then again, the reason that I thought it was so weird may have been the fact that I missed the first hour so all I saw was Ellen Page castrating a man 20 years older than her when I switched the TV on :hmm:

I'm over it. More to the point, if I have no desire to see a film after just a plot synopsis...I'm not sure I'd want to watch it anyways.

It's genuinely good. Not your average film about/for paedophiles.

Possibly the strangest thing I've done. Give the whole thing a watch because the tone shifts half way through.