NEurope
Beast

Twitter

My twitter

I'm trying to make use of it, the past week or so, but really...not a lot of good comes out of it. A few mildly interesting tidbits but that's it.

Chair posts so much on Twitter it kind of scares me. Seriously, when you have more than three tweets in quick succession...what's the point? (Not that I'm bothered/annoyed/critical. It just amuses me.)

I'm hearting tumblr. Still need to get a feel for what I want to post to it exactly.

why does twitter have to fuck up its authorisation method????? That's twice that my phone software has stopped working completely. Missing my twitter fix - especially scoop's nonsense, haha!

Chair posts so much on Twitter it kind of scares me. Seriously, when you have more than three tweets in quick succession...what's the point? (Not that I'm bothered/annoyed/critical. It just amuses me.)

I'm hearting tumblr. Still need to get a feel for what I want to post to it exactly.

I don't tweet that much.

I don't tweet that much.

Yes you do.

Yesterday, is a perfect example.

Like I said, I'm not being critical. It just amuses me, but not in a condescending way. I enjoy.

Well I tweeted between 9 and 14 times, depending on what you count as a tweet. And 3 of those were a direct train of thought. So realistically not that much.

So for the first time using Twitter I have more followers than people I follow (447 vs 440). Am patting mysel on the back etc.

What I love most is that I have a whole ream of people who I know relatively well who I've got to know through Twitter. It's the best thing. Much better than the owner of a lonely heart.

I read a lot of your stuff actually (so bored at home right now). You post about pretty much everything!

Twitter isn't letting me accept follower requests. No idea why or what to do.

Edit: Sod that, fixed. I'm unlocking my twitter now. Giving it another go.

Edited by Daft

I read a lot of your stuff actually (so bored at home right now). You post about pretty much everything!

I'm just being Miley / writing a sort of stream of consciousness.

I find it really annoying when someone tweets so much, I've not followed you chair so I can't comment, but my tutor from uni on fridays practically spams my page, it's ridiculous.

I do tweet daily, mainly random thoughts as always. Link to follow me is in my Sig

I mainly tweet crap about football, with an added insight of my daily boringness. And that's me trying to make it sound interesting. :weep:

I mainly tweet crap about football, with an added insight of my daily boringness. And that's me trying to make it sound interesting. :weep:

It's true. Maybe tone down the Arsenal stuff and it wouldn't be so bad :p

I have a Twitter account but I don't really see the point in it. My life is too boring to tweet about so I have nothing to share. I don't even have anything to write about on my blog, it's not been updated since May or whatever haha.

So yeah, what is people's appeal in Twitter? Is it following famous people? Or for other stuff?

My SerebiiNet account reached 17,000 followers yesterday...with me still not advertising it anywhere :) Increases by around 50 followers a day

According to Klout I am influential about money, television, video games, music, parenting, ipad, sony, reviews, photography and nintendo. Apparently.

Although my last few personal tweets (i.e. not at a specific person) have been about packing, food, erections and jobs.

Anyway to answer Eenuh's question I think its a good tool for communicating with others, engaging with celebrities and getting a news feed.

I have a Twitter account but I don't really see the point in it. My life is too boring to tweet about so I have nothing to share. I don't even have anything to write about on my blog, it's not been updated since May or whatever haha.

So yeah, what is people's appeal in Twitter? Is it following famous people? Or for other stuff?

I think it's really fun and a handy way of keeping on top of things.

I make of point of only following around 50-60 or so people at a time so it doesn't get too crazy... and I just keep track of things I'm interested in (through the celebs that relate to it)...

The latest Formula 1 news, N-Europe news updates, news/info about my favourite artists like Gaga/Rihanna... (tweets/pics they post, song/video info, tour info), Radio 1 etc...

Plus I follow a few people from here as well, and it's a nice way to chat.

I use it quite a lot for work-y stuff, it's great to chat to people who read the magazine I work for and get opinions. My personal account tends to just be things that I think about, or photos of what I'm doing. I try to be funny and often fail.

I also try to only follow a few people. I'd rather have 60 followers and only be following 50 people than have 1,000 followers and never be able to keep track of what people are saying.

Anyway, if anyone really wants to, feel free to follow me @Stephen_Ashby. I'm almost always awesome :)

Oh No! Twitter isn't just to write about your day! If it was, I doubt it'd be as popular. Mostly I use it to express a few of my thoughts I receive throughout the day...a few things I like to think aloud. See what's happening around the world or with a certain person.

You really should indulge in it. The more you put in the more you get out of Twitter. As a fellow artist I imagine you would be really interesting!