Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Minecraft!

Nintenchris

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happenstance, how'd you get the fences to work vertically like that to make poles?

Was trying it earlier but wouldn't work yet I've seen others do it and can't understand why.

Also, attempts to make a TNT cannon failed on multiple attempts, wasting lots of redstone dust and redstone repeaters. Don't think they work in 1.5_01 or anymore because I followed the blueprint for them perfectly. Oh well, not really of much use anyway. Need to save my TNT to booby trap the perimeter of my house after waking up to find 7 creepers trying to jump my fence and kill me. They're everywhere!

To make poles you start at the top and work your way down. You basically create a block of something, put the fence ontop of it then remove the block, you then do the same in the area under that one and put down another fence. Keep doing this until you reach the floor.

Made us a map of the server from the latest backup:

servermap.png

Nice map piece, happenstance :) Keep 'em coming!

So how exactly does the "[Protection]" thing work?

http://fluffy.macrofox.org/server-guides/using-signs/

Also, check out the zoomable map on his site! That is sweet...

http://fluffy.macrofox.org/cartographers-choice/

Although this is even more impressive, it's live! :o

http://minecraft.writhem.com/

In other news, exploration day it was! Sailed into the distance in search of some clay, and found a huge desert! Totally awesome...Going through the shores further and further into the unknown, finally bumped into a cavern, which turned out to be friggin' massive! Made a bed, conjured up 7 ovens to burn my clays and irons, and started exploring...and then some! :D Found diamond, gold, and tons of iron ore just by going through the system, totally convenient! :D However, going deeper and deeper all the time, finally ran out of torches and was wondering if I'd actually find my way back without accidentally falling into lava! xD Well I almost did, but luckily managed to find my way back to base camp in one piece...Finally, to mark my in-the-middle-of-friggin'-nowhere mine, built up a sky-high, four-pillar stone tower with torches on top. Operation clay: success!

Lesson of the day? Caverns for teh win, very fast resources and much more fun than just mining through stone all day long :)

And yeah, pictures would be awesome, I mean they're just a screenshot away...

I've created Vault 27 on our server. The doors only open from the inside, like a real vault (except ones that weren't designed to open!).

Please don't just smash your way in. It took me a long time to sort out the timed switch on the inside. There is a way in, but you'll have to find it!

Myself and gray are currently working on a large project out of town. If you manage to see it, please leave it be.

I'll show you guys pictures later, but for now we're trying to finish, which I'm sure will be in a couple of days.

:)

Oh yeah I wanted to ask. Who was it that created the 3 sectioned sky platforms that only the first one has been finished? Whoever it was, are you planning on finishing the other two because at the moment they are just a bit of an eyesore and are blocking light. Theyve been that way for quite a while now so wanted to check.

Oh yeah I wanted to ask. Who was it that created the 3 sectioned sky platforms that only the first one has been finished? Whoever it was, are you planning on finishing the other two because at the moment they are just a bit of an eyesore and are blocking light. Theyve been that way for quite a while now so wanted to check.

As The Nether is reachable now I will continue to work on the Islands soon. Hopefully I'll have some time to play tonight.

I've created Vault 27 on our server. The doors only open from the inside, like a real vault (except ones that weren't designed to open!).

Please don't just smash your way in. It took me a long time to sort out the timed switch on the inside. There is a way in, but you'll have to find it!

Ive had a look around and have found my way in but I dont know if its the right one. Is the escape way the same way to get in?

Anyway, im gonna go on it a minute and try and think of a new project to start.

Ive had a look around and have found my way in but I dont know if its the right one. Is the escape way the same way to get in?

Anyway, im gonna go on it a minute and try and think of a new project to start.

Oops, didn't notice this reply. Yeah that's the way in. Might make it more interesting eventually. Not sure.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!