NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

Only time I have problems is when everyone else seems to, otherwise its pretty stable. I do get kicked off from time to time though when I warp back to the city.

I don't think that can be helped, it did the same thing on the server me and Mcoy used to play on.

I'll be back on this now the server problems are meant to be better. I need to join in this tower-building lark!

It's just better, more monsters, easier to build things etc, I would say get it before it becomes 20euro as at 9euros you never have to pay again.

Halloween is going to be awesome, they are implementing hell :D

The main differences are crafting, monsters, tools, mining, the day/night cycle, and the fact that the paid version is incomparably better. Watch some youtube videos if you're unsure of whether you'll like the game - they'll give you a much better idea than playing the free version will.

Fixed. :heh: Looks like it might end up being called inferno or something.

Thanks for the replies, I will watch some videos and I think I will be buying it. :) now if only I could convince my friend to do the same.

Thanks for the replies, I will watch some videos and I think I will be buying it. :) now if only I could convince my friend to do the same.

While it's definitely fun to play in multiplayer with people you know, I'd still say the main attraction is the singleplayer experience. All alone in a huge, literally unexplored world filled with treasures and monsters. Penny Arcade undoubtedly said it best:

1015419613_NYok6-L.jpg

Who keeps setting my sodding trees on fire??

I just launched a long-distance coastal scouting mission from the harbour. I got quite a long way along the South coast, and left a torch at the most extreme point I reached. There are some pretty cool bays around there - I often thought I'd reached the Western edge of our land, but found I was surrounded by land on all sides.

What happened?

Someone set fire to both of the wood ones.

Also according to Nintendohnut someone messed with the Volcano as well but he had fixed that before I got there.

Im not too bothered to be honest seeing as we'll probably be starting over anyway in a couple of days after the Halloween update.

Took me ages...literally AGES... to fix the volcano. Someone did it deliberately. But there was nothing I could do about the towers :( Also, Vicar's little area of trees has gone up as well. His house is fine luckily. Anyone know who it was?

Maybe it's because it's still an open server? I would get Mcoy to put it as password protected, unless some idiot on here did it..but I doubt it.

I find it hard to believe someone from these forums would be a bully like that. I think it's due to the server's openness as well.

Wait...what? You guys are on a plot of land together?

Yeah Mcoy paid for an NE server for us all to use. It makes the game all the more awesome being able to play it with other people. We originally created an NE City around a volcano but thats branched out quite a bit now.

... You guys do know that we have sadists on these forums, right? Password protect it, and make it so you have to PM Mcoy to get it.

Happened again today. Fixed it again. Was a lot more fun this time as I was working with Happen :) Still, if we can get it password protected that would be a win. And the whole PM mcoy thing should have been in force anyway I think.

I really should check out the multiplayer on this. I've been so involved in my own creations that I've not even bothered to ask about how to connect to the NE server yet. Perhaps I'll look into it at the weekend.

That's if my current project goes to plan. All I'll say at the moment is that it's huge and has taken thousands of pieces of glass (must be closing in on if not having surpassed at least 3000 or 4000) just to get to the state it's in at the moment, probably 2/5 finished or so. Towers have nothing on this spherical beast. Pictures will follow when I get round to doing it :awesome:

Regarding server protection, Mcoy was talking to me about it when it launched and said that he'd see how it goes. I think we might want to go down the road of a whitelist, which works best.

That way nobody can connect to the server until Mcoy has put your Minecraft.net username on the list. It also makes it a lot easier to deal with griefers and such. As soon as the mighty Mcoy is back from his dinner of kings I'll send him this way.