N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an X-Men Mafia game, run by Paj.

I was also part of the mafia. We had rotten luck in that game (the mafia killer was redirected to me at one point)

Ellmeister was found on the first night, and lured people into voting for him.

Jayseven didn't really read his PM properly when he voted.

Epic fail was epic.

Fruit mafia sounds delicious. I'm considering running a mafia with Marcamillian that'll mix things up a bit, mainly to be fast and to combat inactivity. However, I've never run a mafia before and so I was wondering would anybody have any friendly tips for us as novice mafia runners? It probably won't happen for a while, if it does, as we'll need to sort out a sitdown for a planning sesh and frankly I'm just too lazy for that/we're too busy being awesome doing other stuff.

@Marcamillian, idea! I wonder if we could cobble together a dominion themed mafia for another time...

Fruit mafia sounds delicious. I'm considering running a mafia with Marcamillian that'll mix things up a bit, mainly to be fast and to combat inactivity. However, I've never run a mafia before and so I was wondering would anybody have any friendly tips for us as novice mafia runners? It probably won't happen for a while, if it does, as we'll need to sort out a sitdown for a planning sesh and frankly I'm just too lazy for that/we're too busy being awesome doing other stuff.

@Marcamillian, idea! I wonder if we could cobble together a dominion themed mafia for another time...

I can send you a wordpad document to show what I use for roles, and night phases if you wish. It would be the one from Pokemafia Ruby/Sapphire.

google docs spreadsheet. Would be especially handy for sharing, and is good for seeing the state of play. I can invite you in on the two I have done so far so you can see an example too.

I can send you a wordpad document to show what I use for roles, and night phases if you wish. It would be the one from Pokemafia Ruby/Sapphire.

Both of these would be good! Though, it's going to be overshadowed by all the awesome mafias on the way (Fruit, Weather, C&D 2!), might save it for a quiet point. It's aim/point is to be a quick, possibly intense, mafia fix when things are running slow/quiet.

(also lolwordpad, didnt know it gets used anymore!)

Yo, don't diss Wordpad. Closest thing on the PC to old school pencil&paper, for me.

If I do run a mafia in the near future, it will be something really basic, like a DIY. With my currently busy schedule, a large-scale mafia like Gents III should only come in the summer, or later.

Yvonne's graphical support does encourage me to make it happen, though.

Weather mafia is good to go for whenever there is a lull.

Will be fairly simple, probably no write-ups.

Interesting. I shall request to be signed up! When the thread for such appears. How do you guys find issues of balancing town/mafia when making games? I'd worry about overlooking a huge imbalance. @Yvonne @ReZourceman(except for sticking in characters that shouldn't be there :p)

For each strategy you identify, try to find a way that it could be defeated. If you find a strategy that could work with no counter, you got a problem. But if it's sufficiently mysterious (i.e. they have to work it out in a low information game) it may be acceptable to leave some power strategies in there.

I also sometimes try to set up 2 or 3 cool situations, but you have to accept that maybe only one of them will happen.

Try to be very clear with how your powers work too, without giving too many mechanics away.

Jonnas Peeps and ReZ have a lot more experience than me of course, I'm sure they got some good tips

One of the things I have done in last....four or five games I guess, is ;

Well.

A) Try and give everyone a targeting role. Its not always possible, but people like having something to do.

B) Make counters for roles. As an example, this latest Pokemafia had an emphasis on superchargers (three) and so there were two roles that could prevent people from being supercharged, and one of those evolved into permanently preventing someone.

Etc.

probably no write-ups.

The heavy snow in the north will combine with some strong incoming winds to create some nasty blizzards: severe weather warnings have been sent out across Glasgow as the prepare for the conditions. Light rain in Manchester will be followed later by showers, while a warm front sweeps a thunderstorm in Newcastle south to London, lighting up the fog there. Meanwhile, in Cornwall, the bright sunlight treats through the cloudy skies.

Overcast is dead.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!