N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only just found out there was a queue! Cut me some slack! :p

This won't be ready for a good couple of months anyway. I need to do a lot of tests on it to see whether this could work, haha.

Unfortunately, yeah. (Prossilol)

We get through about 2 mafia's a month which means theres like...8 months worth on there. :p

Do we need to discuss this queue system, and the quasi-unspoken/spoken-agreement of 2 mafias at any time?

I maintain that there absolutely needs to be limits on dayphases (though I'm personally more partial to the 24 hour night, 48 hour day for the sake of convenience). Otherwise the town can just sit around and be passive instead of taking matters into their own hands and getting stuff done. Passivity on the town's side needs to be punished.

Regarding the number of games, I still don't like to have more than two active at a time. I'm not against the idea of more if people really want it, but I find myself busy enough when I need to divide my attention between two, so I probably would have to skip some, which would be a shame.

The list is a good idea since hosting mafias is so popular. It also gives both hosts and players a schedule to work from.

Personally I think less players per game solves all problems. Games are over quicker, take less time to get heated, don't get inundated with pages of walls of text and are easier to catch up on.

I also personally prefer games to be staggered -- I guess we were 'lucky' to start two intense games at once, but I'd've personally preferred one starting half-way through the other one so that I could properly remember which is which.

Personally I'm finding I have a mere 3-4 hour window to myself on worknights, minus a couple of days when I spend the evening at my girlfriend's house.

But as I've so obviously stressed circumstances are different for everyone. I do genuinely think smaller games means a higher turnover, which encourages people to be mroe selective about their games. Sure, people want to play in every single game everrr and not miss out on anything... But hey, there you are.

Ultimately it's up to the GM to define their game's rules and structure and for players to decide whether they accept those terms or not.

Sure, people want to play in every single game everrr and not miss out on anything... But hey, there you are.

That puts an emphasis on not putting on more than two games at a time, then. I really believe that problems attributed to game size are really dependent on activity. I personally don't mind, even enjoy, big walls of text - exciting discussion! Brief games just don't feel...significant/epic enough. But it doesn't work if you have to keep track of one game of textwalls, and a different game of differently-themed textwalls with different alignment and players and - *head explodes*

In my Scream 5 (or 5cream...undecided...may stick with the first...) Mafia, there will only be 14 players because of the reason Jayseven stated. I struggled a little bit with Harry Potter and the Dark Mark Mafia in some ways such as remembering every character's conditions and such. I think I'll find Scream 5/5cream to be much easier to handle...

But I agree. Two Mafia games is best and a time limit on the day and night phases is cool too.

That puts an emphasis on not putting on more than two games at a time, then. I really believe that problems attributed to game size are really dependent on activity. I personally don't mind, even enjoy, big walls of text - exciting discussion! Brief games just don't feel...significant/epic enough. But it doesn't work if you have to keep track of one game of textwalls, and a different game of differently-themed textwalls with different alignment and players and - *head explodes*

I agree completely.

Perhaps the solution is to keep it mixed? To make sure that for every big, epic Gentlemen's Mafia we have, there are a couple of smaller, less epic games? It would require a bit more planning, and I have no idea how well it would work, but it's a possibility.

I think people are complicating things too much. The people that don't like two "epic" games together, should only sign into one. People who know they will be busy, should sign into one or none. People who know they can handle two games should sign into both. People who don't bother playing should sign into none.

It's very simple. Instead of having the games catered around some. People should cater themselves into the games they can and will play in.

I think people are complicating things too much. The people that don't like two "epic" games together, should only sign into one. People who know they will be busy, should sign into one or none. People who know they can handle two games should sign into both. People who don't bother playing should sign into none.

It's very simple. Instead of having the games catered around some. People should cater themselves into the games they can and will play in.

While I agree with you somewhat, there's the problem of participation. A number of people won't be able to participate if too many games run at once. I'm not saying smaller games aren't a great idea (because I think they are), but we risk cutting a good deal of players off from a number of games, and that's generally a shame I think.

TIME FOR THE NEXT MAFIA, whoever is willing to go.

Currently active Mafia Games

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2 : Rematch (By Diageo)

The Gentlemens Mafia II (By Jonnas)

Currently Signing up

NONE!

Signing Up Soon

The 007 Mafia (By Nintendohnut)

Bare Bones Mafia II (By Dyson)

Norse Mythology Mafia (By Tales) ~After May~

End of the World Mafia (By The Peeps)

TBC Mafia (By Dannyboy-the-Dane)

The Robot Mafia (By Jonnas)

The Video Game Mafia (Title TBC) (By MadDog)

Pokémafia X (title to be revealed, special tenth anniversary game) (By ReZourceman)

Mafiawesome: Lucid Drift Mafia (By Jayseven)

Isle of Apate (By Cube)

Pokémafia 11 (title to be revealed) (By ReZourceman)

The Book With No Name Mafia (By The Peeps)

Disney Mafia 2 (By Chairdriver)

Sci Fi/Fantast Mafia 2 (By Esquiel)

Pokémafia Yellow (By Diageo)

Heaven and Hell Mafia (By Diageo)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!