N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

Awesome Jonnas. Are there many people not in mafia's at the moment?

Currently active Mafia Games

DEATH NOTE Mafia (Diageo)

Harry Potter and the Dark Mark Mafia (Dazz)

Currently Signing up

None

Signing Up Soon

Mafiawesome: Lucid Drift Mafia (By Jayseven)

Bare Bones Mafia II (By Dyson)

Pokemafia 9 : Red and Blue Mafia (By ReZourceman)

DC Comincs Mafia (By Paj Meen Ah)

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2 : Rematch (By Diageo)

Heroes Mafia (By The Peeps)

The Robot Mafia (By Jonnas)

The 007 Mafia (By Nintendohnut)

High School TV Series Mafia (By Tales)

End of the World Mafia (By The Peeps)

TBC Mafia (By Dannyboy-the-Dane)

The Gentlemens Mafia II (By Jonnas)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, but I'd appreciate it if you don't all start them at once :p.

I'll sign up for the next to start (except for the bare bones one), but I'm still in the Deathnopte one. I suspect we're nearing the end with that one, but I have no idea. Only Diageo can tell :D. So I personally will only sign up for a second new one after that one.

It's called being polite. People don't want 20 games at once and realistically you won't get as many people joining multiple games. If someone mentions they want to make a game before someone else does then it's just common decency to let them go first.

::shrug:

^exactly.

We've already established that on this forum, there is such a thing as too many good things at once. People get confused, people get lazy. Limiting the number of games at once strengthens each individual game.

Similarly, as peeps said, it's polite to wait your turn. It's rude when you go ahead and make a game when 10 people are actively waiting -- and a further kick in the shins when you then subsequentially disappear for a month which leaves the game in a stagnate state. Civilisation, and all that! Doesn't take a minute to PM people ahead of you in the queue to see if you can jump up.

I don't believe in this whole "we don't want too many things happening at once" thing.

If you don't want to play, don't play. You can run a game as good with 15 players as you can 30. [My favourite game I've done had 4 players, so...] If my queue-skipping offends you, don't play. If there's too many games at once, don't play.

If you miss an awesome game, don't worry, because I have faith that someone else will come along and do an excellent one.

I'm sorry if I'm rude. I might prefer to be rude and get things done in life though.

Hey, I didn't play in your queue-skipper :P And I do concur that people can pick and choose which game to play - up until a certain point (fairly) recently I was proud of the fact that I'd played in every mafia game on these forums.

I think the smartest way of combatting this is to have smaller mafia games. My game will have probably 12-14 players. I've not understood the adamant requisit player number of 20 in the last few months. I only ever really get interested once the numbers have dwindled, anyway.

And as for your attitude - I like it. It allows me to be blunt when I want to be blunt, without having to worry about your feelings or anything. I agree with you; life is one unrelenting stream of ok-ok-ok-ok-bad-ok-ok-ok-AWEEEESOOOOOOMEEEE!!!!!!-ok-ok-ok-bad-ok-ok (ad nauscum/infinitscum :P). Whatever's GREAT today is superseded by tomorrow's GREAT, so live and deal.

BUT! My original point stands. We may have a lengthier queue than we'd like currently, but game 'constructs' have slowed down a bit. We had a heavy month of idealists. This will come and go in waves. The list system came into place because previously this forum was guilty of having sign-up threads occurring far too early in comparison to the actual event, and by which time the game was rife with AFKers that just spoiled it for others. This way, we're able to get sign-ups and the initiation of the game under way within a week.

There is one mafia right now.

There are two people supposedly doing this soon/havn't made their game yet.

There are (at least two) people who are ready to go right now.

Whats the situation?

(i.e. if people aren't ready then I think you should kindly shuffle for the people who are.)

(One of which happens to be me)