Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

Well, it's mainly a big deal for those that survive a significant amount, if I died at least 3-4+ days(irl days) before a next mafia starts, then I feel that may well be enough respite, but iono.

[..]

I actually have an idea what to do about that, but I'm not going to say anything ;). Except for that I won't be doing it for now since I'm in 2 mafia games, with probably especially jayseven's requiring my full attention ;).

I think I'll do my experiment after my own game, I'll take a break from the mafias for a bit.

Smeagol; I really wanna try and give you some tips but a) I'm just starting mine now and I don't want to give anything away and b) Even though I think I've got the balancing right, I will only be able to tell afterwards.
Say no more, I know exactly what you mean ;).

It doesn't matter though, I've already decided what I'm going to do regarding that.

If you come up with crazy abilities, well or even if you include a lot of normal ones, balancing will probably be impossible to get exact right. My feeling is that it doesn't matter, as long as people are having fun, and it's only apparent after the end of the game if the game was unbalanced or not, and not if that's already obvious during the game.

I have a request;

When sending in your night PMs it makes it easier for the GM if you put your target IN the subject line.

Rooting through loads of PMs isn't that time-consuming for me, but it would save time and mean I'd have to make less notes.

Something like;

[Mafia game]: Night [x]: Target:

... with any necessary role-specific further details inside teh post.

Good idea, I was already doing that except for the target. But I'll do that for the next PMs. I may even require it in my own game, if possible.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I just wanted to say, even though I have absolutely no idea of what's really going on or who's who in the Colour mafia, I think it's fucking amazing. That is exactly the kind of chaos and formula breaking that I was hoping for right at the beginning of this thread. Chaos, pandemonium! Mafia's will stale out for me due to a lack of variation, but the Colours is fast paced and frankly, just a bit ridiculous! Hats off to you Danny.

Currently active Mafia Games

Colour Mafia (By Dannyboy-the-Dane)

In God We Rust Mafia (By Jayseven)

Marvel Comics Mafia (By Chairdriver)

Currently Signing up

Gentlemens Mafia (By Jonnas)

Signing Up Soon

Pokemafia : Trust No One (Start date projected 18th October)

Star Wars Mafia (By MadDog)

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2 : Rematch (By Diageo)

Battlestar Gallactica Mafia (By Smeagol)

Games Consoles Mafia (By Cube)

Bare Bones Mafia II (By Dyson)

DC Comincs Mafia (By Paj Meen Ah)

Lol :P

Only reason I wouldn't want it though, is I do kind of like a set time limit on all phases if they're not too long, moves the game along faster. The problem is, it depends on the game and the people at the time which I suddenly decide is more apt, guess it's just something you can never get 100% right :(

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!