N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

Tbh there really needs to be a space of respite between mafias otherwise it will kill the activity in them for those that survive to an end, with two mafias running concordantly there should also be enough going on for those who have bowed out early to still participate in one. I WANT to play in all these mafias, but it's so draining sometimes trying to find the time for it, especially as my life doesn't really follow any sort of solid plan. Maybe it's just me though.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only watched about 3/4 of these mafias but Rez seems to be hated (in a nice way...) lol. Is there a reason why you're hunted out in each one Rez?

I don't know, but I am genuinely finding it a bit harsh now. All the mafia's I've played in on NE;

- Killed first night.

- Mafia/no SK, so I'm not killed because its impossible.

- Made to look evil first night.

- Killed first night.

Fun.

I'm just pissed that people fell for your pathetic lies.

It was a reasonably good explanation though tbf.

It wasn't just "I'm not mafia...errr...I show up as mafia"

I claimed Donut which was true, and a ring donut wrapping around someone and that role I invented actually makes a bit of sense.

But if it makes you feel any better, I don't think anyone actually ever believed me. A few people were unsure and the majority pretty much thought I was mafia, but they just felt they had better targets.

On the one hand, you have plenty of characters left to use, personally I'd love to see ROB and Mr. Game & Watch for example, and although I don't prefer it, but if necessary you could look at some of the trophy characters, or characters of the adventure game. On the other hand, I think I'd like to see a new theme. regardless, I'll probably sign up ;).

Why don't Cube and Smeagol run a Battlestar Galactica game together? It's happened before (a game with two GMs) and worked, so if you both want to do that theme you could work together?

I dunno.. We obviously don't know the specifics, but we both have different ideas. Cube already stated to not include known characters, where as I do intend to use them. Maybe we could PM eachother our ideas to see how compatible they are (or aren't), but then obviously we'd can't play in eachother's games (not necessarily a problem though). That said, I think I'd like to stick with my own ideas..

Just do a sequel Diageo! With the characters that survived, the playable ones you didn't use, and maybe some special ones from games past/trophies etc. And then incorporate some kinda item system. :)

My personal favourite game that I ever ran (years ago, based on Marvel Comics Avengers) was a sequel that was extensively story-based, and as a rule had a whole ton of random events popping up and happening. Items to be found, events to partake in, first one to PM me finds a holotransmiiter with a bonus message in it etc. A deal with the devil came up near the end that changed the outcome of one player's entire game. However I planned that one for AGES, and I can appreciate some might not like that kinda game.

I dunno.. We obviously don't know the specifics, but we both have different ideas. Cube already stated to not include known characters, where as I do intend to use them. Maybe we could PM eachother our ideas to see how compatible they are (or aren't), but then obviously we'd can't play in eachother's games (not necessarily a problem though). That said, I think I'd like to stick with my own ideas..

I would think we have very different ideas.

I've only some some initial plans for mine - I don't think I can justify doing BSG as a "simple" mafia game and so far my ideas mean that the game is very complex and could last for way too long. Plus is an inactive person got a couple of certain roles then it would destroy the game completely.

I think I'll change the theme of mine and go with something a little bit more normal.

I could go Bleach, or Tales of Symphonia.

Brawl and Pokemon are the only things I know extensively though.

I didn't get to play the smash bros game since you only told me about it when it was already started... grumble... But it looked awesome and since I too know the game fairly well I wanted to play. Would prefer a new theme now though, since I followed along the brawl one :p

Has a Simpsons one ever been done? Or you could try Futurama or use some characters like Tom and Jerry and Sylvester and all of those guys.

I've thought of some other themes recently, that people should do.

- Game Console Wars Mafia (Gameboy, Game Gear, NES, etc)

- Fruit Mafia

- Ninja Turtles Mafia

- World War II Mafia (Nazi Footsoldier, Hitler, Winston Churchill, British Sniper etc)

Currently active Mafia Games

Colour Mafia (By Dannyboy-the-Dane)

Currently Signing up

Mafiawesome : In God We Rust (By Jayseven)

Gentlemens Mafia (By Jonnas)

Signing Up Soon

Pokemafia : Trust No One (Start date projected 18th October)

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2 : Rematch (By Diageo)

Battlestar Gallactica Mafia (By Cube or Smeagol or one each)

Edited by ReZourceman
Automerged Doublepost