Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Time to B*tch About Life

Serebii

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going out to pull rather than having fun with friends but said friends keep letting you down and you're not confident enough to go out on your own to pull then quite simply there are two words for you:

Online dating.

If you're going out to pull rather than having fun with friends but said friends keep letting you down and you're not confident enough to go out on your own to pull then quite simply there are two words for you:

Online dating.

That's not the reason I want to go out, it's a secondary objective yes, but still

So what are you complaining about? Not being able to pull or having boring friends? Either way the answer is that you need to find some new friends who want to do the same thing as you.

That isn't really so easy. Can't really just go out and meet new friends.

As I said, after my workload eases mid October, I'll go out, get a part time job and hope that helps. However, who knows.

Any of you guys moaning about not having a girlfriend that are also legal age to drive but don't have a license?

Learn to drive, I'm telling you, chick magnet! :P

If a guy tried to pull me because he could drive I'd laugh at him. Poor sods.

Guys try far too hard I find, like the other day, I was at a bar and a guy kept going on about how it thought it was silly that I didn't have a boyfriend. FUCK OFF, jesus, reminding me that I'm single doesn't want me to get into your pants.

So I grabbed my drink, giggled a quick no you can't have my number and sat back down.

Seb - join a club, a night class, it sounds tacky, but it works, it's a great way to meet new people, those new people have friends you can meet and vice versa. :yay:

It's not because you can drive, it's what it represents. A mature person who can handle responsibility and has freedom!

I should clarify I guess because what I said first I just meant it a bit tongue in cheek. But really I think the key to "pulling" is confidence.

I started late learning to drive and when I passed it I just thought, why not sooner? It really is the most liberating part of your young life, finally being free to go where you want and do what you want. It really is a life changer!

Obviously going up to someone and saying "I have a car" isn't going to get you anywhere, but it does make you more confident.

I wouldn't knock the online dating thing, you never know. Friends of friends (of friends) can also a be decent route to take. Not like I'm an expert, I've been with my Girlfriend for 3 years and I would be lost if I had to start over again.

Oh god goafer, the horror!

Munch - I wouldn't say owning a car makes you mature, it's not always the way, I would say that owning a car for it's bills/repairs etc can make you mature, bringing you slamming into the real world on how much things cost, but actually driving a car doesn't make you mature, there's so many teenage idiots on the road.

I agree with the confidence though, it can do, definitely, but it's an expensive way to get that confidence.

Oh god goafer, the horror!

Munch - I wouldn't say owning a car makes you mature, it's not always the way, I would say that owning a car for it's bills/repairs etc can make you mature, bringing you slamming into the real world on how much things cost, but actually driving a car doesn't make you mature, there's so many teenage idiots on the road.

I agree with the confidence though, it can do, definitely, but it's an expensive way to get that confidence.

Exactly. Vodka does the same and costs a lot less.

That would be the responsibility part I was talking about, also I was talking about image and impression, not the actuality of it.

And vodka is clearly gonna give off the wrong impression, I tried that route for many years. Bad times!

Ooh, ooh, I want to bitch about my life

I am underpaid in my job, the current state of the economy is to blame for that. Not long ago my g/f and I toyed with the idea of buying a mortgage, but now the cost of a downpayment on a mortgage is through the roof. I'm not broke, but the savings I have aren't growing at all because interest rates on savings accounts are terrible everywhere.

My car is shit, every time I fix something, something else goes wrong, it has rust in several places, creaks in first and loses power in third. And the brakes squeak. I can't afford to take it to a mechanic because they are all, without exception, absolute fucking scum who rob you blind and should be locked away for what they do. I am probably going to have to blow half my savings on a new car, but again, I will definitely be ripped off.

I went to Uni and got a degree that is essentially useless. I took it because I didn't know what else to take at the time. If I had just a little bit of foresight five or six years ago I would've studied some subject with server-side web development training, or something with much higher prospects like medicine or law. I was capable, but I just did what I did because people said I'd be good at it.

And I am tired, all the time. I'm putting on weight because I get back from work too knackered and miserable to exercise.

Our flat is damp.

The weather is fucking ridiculously bad, even by British standards.

The only really great thing in my life is my relationship, one of the only things I'm not having problems with.

Edited by Shorty

Shorty the only people I would suggest round here are kwik fit, if you're clever you can get some pretty decent deals with them, tis what I did for my mot and later in the year my service. They've not done me wrong since I've been here, sorting my suspension and my windscreen!

It probably doesn't help much, but just an input.

For anyone that's feeling down.

Shorty the only people I would suggest round here are kwik fit, if you're clever you can get some pretty decent deals with them, tis what I did for my mot and later in the year my service. They've not done me wrong since I've been here, sorting my suspension and my windscreen!

It probably doesn't help much, but just an input.

Kwik fit can't really rip you off as they're a large chain so have to keep standard prices.

For anyone that's feeling down.

Kwik fit can't really rip you off as they're a large chain so have to keep standard prices.

Exactly, plus being a big chain they tend to have more deals, there's a big kwik fit in sheffield which seems pretty nice, the other smaller one seemed pretty nice to me when I went in nearly in tears because of my suspension - which I later found out was because of the model of the car - not my driving.

Moogle: The most genuine use of the "thanks" button since it was integrated.

Exactly, plus being a big chain they tend to have more deals, there's a big kwik fit in sheffield which seems pretty nice, the other smaller one seemed pretty nice to me when I went in nearly in tears because of my suspension - which I later found out was because of the model of the car - not my driving.
Thanks for the suggestion, which Kwik Fit did you go to? Eccy road?

Moogle: The most genuine use of the "thanks" button since it was integrated.

Thanks for the suggestion, which Kwik Fit did you go to? Eccy road?

I went to the smaller one that's here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=s1+1yg&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire+S1+1YG&gl=uk&ei=6rRmTLuGIIWUjAfglfTTBA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA

It's a lot smaller than the eccie one and personally I found them to be quite nice and they get my suspension stuff sorted within a couple of hours even though it was really busy. Cost me 250quid to replace both suspension springs and put on a new brimstone tyre. I think the labour was the cheapest bit, which was interesting.

I would give either a look, personally I can't see the eccie one being any different, it's bigger though so it might be better to get things through. :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!