NEurope
ReZourceman

Breaking Bad

Well it does start pretty quickly compared to a lot of shows. But if it's not for you!

Actually when I first started watching Breaking Bad I wasn't in the right place for something so seemingly dark and depressing. At times it has that cringe factor where the entertainment hinges on watching everything fall apart and if you're not in the mood for it, that isn't always rewarding viewing.

I went back to it in the end and loved it, but I can understand being turned off it at first.

The tone/style of the show changes with each season, and not just in the obvious sense of it getting darker. You can sort of tell the storyline was constantly under reconstruction and collaboration, as it sometimes felt disjointed and vaguely odd. Not knocking it, but there isn't really a single series which is indicative of the show as a whole, in my view. Then again, if you aren't hooked by the premise and it hasn't stood out to you, then maybe it is best to just stop watching it and contact a GP immediately.

Just started watching the series, watched the first 2. And started watching in recent weeks the 3rd series

I went in being told that the first series is basically "an introduction" to the characters. Started off interesting, with Walt standing out in the desert, loaded gun with a crashed camper van waiting for the law to arrive. Jesse is certainly an interesting character indeed, it did make me wonder why Walt went to an old student for help. But it made sense as the series progressed, which is good.

I do find it gruesom, especially the bath scene. And the explosions. It did make me wonder why a meth lab would be in a R.V, but that's a logical choice really. I do like the twist in Walt's brother-in-law being in the DEA, and the dealers that both Walt and Jesse took out.

Regarding this series, much more interesting than the 1st. More focused on the story, and the fact that Skyler is getting suspicious of Walt's activities and unusual behavior. What can you expect, he's creating meth and making money as well as leading a life of a teacher. I wasn't expecting his wife to find out he still had that second phone, i mean it would seem what goes around comes around for Walt. Seeing Walt and Jesse going along after taking out the dealer they had bargained with is certainly interesting, ok the in-experience shows with a murder and an arrest. But god bless Saul, i love that guy. And liked how Saul solved the problem for getting the money to Walt's family, simple "donations from ghosts"

Now this series has picked up, got the Mexican mafia after Walt. Skyler wants divorce, Walt moved out (then back in) and Jesse was in re-hab, but wants to cook. Walt seemingly refused to begin with, so as far as i can tell Jesse made some meth using Walt's formula without consent. Quite enjoyed seeing Skylers face when seeing Walt back in the house, and being unable to shift him via the Police (she doesn't want them knowing Walt made Meth) as he's broken no laws or hit her. Like Pollos persuading Walt to re-cook in his own lab in a laundry business. Walt originally being pissed at Saul for spying on his house, but forgiving him quite quick after scoring a huge 3 million deal. Jesse's now pissed off Walt has abandoned him, his own fault really for using Walt's formula. And Walt's just signed the divorce papers he refused to sign as well as apparantly taking his daughter and son with him, leaving Skyler at home alone.

That is where i am, damn this is good.

Edited by Jimbob

They do plot summaries on IMDb too :)

Yeah i know. I don't know why i didn't get into this series earlier, one of the best TV shows i've seen in a long time.

Edited by Jimbob

Just started watching the series, watched the first 2. And started watching in recent weeks the 3rd series

I went in being told that the first series is basically "an introduction" to the characters. Started off interesting, with Walt standing out in the desert, loaded gun with a crashed camper van waiting for the law to arrive. Jesse is certainly an interesting character indeed, it did make me wonder why Walt went to an old student for help. But it made sense as the series progressed, which is good.

I do find it gruesom, especially the bath scene. And the explosions. It did make me wonder why a meth lab would be in a R.V, but that's a logical choice really. I do like the twist in Walt's brother-in-law being in the DEA, and the dealers that both Walt and Jesse took out.

Regarding this series, much more interesting than the 1st. More focused on the story, and the fact that Skyler is getting suspicious of Walt's activities and unusual behavior. What can you expect, he's creating meth and making money as well as leading a life of a teacher. I wasn't expecting his wife to find out he still had that second phone, i mean it would seem what goes around comes around for Walt. Seeing Walt and Jesse going along after taking out the dealer they had bargained with is certainly interesting, ok the in-experience shows with a murder and an arrest. But god bless Saul, i love that guy. And liked how Saul solved the problem for getting the money to Walt's family, simple "donations from ghosts"

Now this series has picked up, got the Mexican mafia after Walt. Skyler wants divorce, Walt moved out (then back in) and Jesse was in re-hab, but wants to cook. Walt seemingly refused to begin with, so as far as i can tell Jesse made some meth using Walt's formula without consent. Quite enjoyed seeing Skylers face when seeing Walt back in the house, and being unable to shift him via the Police (she doesn't want them knowing Walt made Meth) as he's broken no laws or hit her. Like Pollos persuading Walt to re-cook in his own lab in a laundry business. Walt originally being pissed at Saul for spying on his house, but forgiving him quite quick after scoring a huge 3 million deal. Jesse's now pissed off Walt has abandoned him, his own fault really for using Walt's formula. And Walt's just signed the divorce papers he refused to sign as well as apparantly taking his daughter and son with him, leaving Skyler at home alone.

That is where i am, damn this is good.

I like how each one of your series summaries starts saying how it's picked up :p That's some of the beauty of Breaking Bad in that it seems to just keep on getting better and better, you've no clue how or where it'll go next and then BAM! Awesomeness. For me personally I think Series 4 was the best, having found the first half of season 5 a bit weaker(not helped by that stupid year long break for the second half). I didn't watch the second half of series 5 until last month though, and I have to say it really did a brilliant job of finishing it all up for me. Didn't think they'd manage it, but I wasn't too dissappointed.

Of course, once you've finished this you need to watch The Wire(completely different kettle of fish tho) if you haven't already :p

I like how each one of your series summaries starts saying how it's picked up :p That's some of the beauty of Breaking Bad in that it seems to just keep on getting better and better, you've no clue how or where it'll go next and then BAM! Awesomeness. For me personally I think Series 4 was the best, having found the first half of season 5 a bit weaker(not helped by that stupid year long break for the second half). I didn't watch the second half of series 5 until last month though, and I have to say it really did a brilliant job of finishing it all up for me. Didn't think they'd manage it, but I wasn't too dissappointed.

Of course, once you've finished this you need to watch The Wire(completely different kettle of fish tho) if you haven't already :p

So far it's heading that way, the last episode i watched was better than the last one.

Got Mad Men to watch after this, but i'll put that on the list of shows to watch.

Edited by Jimbob

One thing I'm left unsure about with Breaking Bad, even when I go back:

Why did Walt taunt Jesse about Jane? What did he gain from that?

It feels like the worst thing he does in the whole show.

My thoughts...

It was Jesse that led Hank out there which in turn led to his death. Walt just wanted to hurt Jesse because Hank died.

I think it's a combination of wanting to both hurt Jesse, make him realise the things he does/done that he has no concept of, and also the beginning of him finally telling the truth. Isn't there a bit a bit earlier on in the series where Jesse just asks him to be straight with him and not play him, and he still lies? This is the point where all of that finally begins to stop.

Oxygen Magnesium, this show is amazing! I'm on Season 3 now. I've been watching this for the last two days. I woke up early this morning just to watch two episodes and since I got back from work, I've watched them all back to back and realised that I've just been sat here for nigh on four hours watching it! Amazing stuff! Season 3 here I come!

I was going to bump this last night, but didn't.

I watched the last one last night. It was good, a fitting ending, if not as good as S4 finale. But you can always make things better with cliffhangers.

Just finished watching Season 4

That was certainly a different ending, Walt using that senior Mexican cartel member as a bomb to wipe out Gus. Throughout the entire series, you could see Walt was getting edgy every time he had to "cook" in the fear Gus (or one of his workers) would get rid of him. With buying that carwash, i understand why Saul said to get a laser arcade as it would be less of a risk to hide the money. And the Gus story, fully understanding his anger towards the cartel.

Started on Season 5 last week, it's getting better. still

I just finished Season 4 and...well...

43135311.jpg

Let me just start this by saying that this was an amazing season and Gus is one of the best villains ever known and the very last scene he was in = awesomeness! Also, Victor's face when he was pressing the bell to get the bomb...how bloody frightening! Can someone clear up a couple of things for me? I probably know but I want someone to confirm it.

1) What happened to that douchebag idiot that Skylar gave that money to? Did he die from that bang to the head when he tripped up trying to escape? I know the bodyguards said it was an "act of God" so...is that it?

2) What happened to Gus' right-hand man? Did he die too? I know he got shot and he was on the operating table when the surgeon rescued Gus and not him. However, the last we saw was him still lying on that bed with Jesse donating his blood and not being the right type. Does this mean he died?

3) So Walt poisoned Brock to get Jesse onside with killing Gus. However, the thing I want to know is just how did Walt poison him?! He wasn't anywhere near Brock when he visited Jesse's house...

If they're answered in the next season, just say 'next season' or something but I just didn't exactly understand it fully...

Onto Season 5 with much anticipation!

1 is covered in Season 5 (and honestly why would you imagine otherwise? :p)

2. Jesse didn't donate his blood, they already had blood for everyone, that's what he pointed out. It's not that they weren't saving Mike, it's just that they were saving the person who was paying for everything first.

I don't think they answered 3 in season 5, I think you're just supposed to assume there was an off-screen opportunity.

1 is covered in Season 5 (and honestly why would you imagine otherwise? :p)

2. Jesse didn't donate his blood, they already had blood for everyone, that's what he pointed out. It's not that they weren't saving Mike, it's just that they were saving the person who was paying for everything first.

I don't think they answered 3 in season 5, I think you're just supposed to assume there was an off-screen opportunity.

Yeah they didn't completely deal with 3 despite it being dangling thread at the end of that season. I tend to feel in the end when you consider where the characters are at it doesn't really matter.

I just thought seasons 1 and 2 were pretty mediocre.

I agree. Four and five were the best in my opinion. Although I was slightly disappointed with the final episode.

I've finished watching every episode now. Season 5 was great and the last few episodes had me shocked but was I the only one who saw ALL of the last episode coming? Like literally, I guessed everything! Who would die and how they would die and the end as well.

Loved Walt and Jesse. I thought they done everything right when it came to their fates but I don't know...it didn't have that same feeling as that powerful finale of Gus! NOTHING will beat that! I hated Skylar and Walt Jr and Marie as well...in fact, I hated all of Walt's family but Hank. Except for Hank, they were annoying, bratty and ungrateful.

Walt Jr annoyed me the most though. He wasn't resenting his dad when he got him a Challenger but he finds out he cooks meth and he's the worst person in the whole entire world ever (and this is talking BEFORE finding out he was involved in Hank's death).

I just felt it could have packed a better punch somehow. The last ten minutes made up for everything though. Unfortunately, when we see Walt dead in the middle of the lab and it goes to credits, I felt a mixture of "That was sick" to "Was that it?!". I don't know, I might need to watch it again...

However, I will admit this, it is a better ending than Dexter.

Just finished up series 5, boy that was a good series.

The last thing i expected was for Walter and Jesse to team with Mike in order to get back in business with the Meth. That train robbery scene to get the methlimite was brilliant. I still don't get why Mike needed to be killed, i understood why the 9 prisoners needed to be killed after the money ran dry. And the end with Hank reading that Walter White book will make the final season worth watching.

And with that, the final season awaits.

Dude, how many seasons do you think there are?

Dude, how many seasons do you think there are?

6 (i know 5 is split in 1/2, i treat them as separate seasons)