The Amazing Spider-Man

Retro_Link

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The costume's fine.

I've decided.

Let's just deal with it. These shots give no impression of the film whatsoever.

I actually don't agree... I think they've very telling that this movie is gonna be VERY practical. As much as I love Sam Raimi and his trilogy, if he were directing this scene I doubt Spider-man himself would be there at all... I'd be guessing it would all be CGI. I'm actually very impressed to see a live-action Spider-Man swinging about.

Which is all a good thing.

Was there ever a chance you were going to dislike it?

You have rose-tinted glasses with marvel-logo shaped lenses.

I hate a lot of what Marvel has done. Just because I love a lot of what they do doesn't mean I automatically like everything they do. I'm one of the most critical people of the original Spider-Man movie around these parts.

I hate a lot of what Marvel has done. Just because I love a lot of what they do doesn't mean I automatically like everything they do. I'm one of the most critical people of the original Spider-Man movie around these parts.

3 words: Web of shadows ;)

• 2 weeks later...

1297715414.jpg

Official Press Release

“THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN™”

TO BE RELEASED JULY 3, 2012

CULVER CITY, Calif., February 14, 2011 – Columbia Pictures announced today that the title of the next Spider-Man film will be The Amazing Spider-Man.

The studio simultaneously released a photo of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, the first shot of Garfield in the famous full mask and suit.

The film, which is now in production and is being shot entirely in 3D, will be released on July 3, 2012. The film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Irrfan Khan, Martin Sheen, and Sally Field. The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by James Vanderbilt and Alvin Sargent and Steve Kloves based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad, and Matt Tolmach are producing the Marvel Entertainment production for Columbia Pictures. The executive producers are Stan Lee, Kevin Feige, and Michael Grillo. The film’s official website is http://www.TheAmazingSpiderMan-movie.com.

About Sony Pictures Entertainment

Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in more than 140 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.sonypictures.com.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30828

Shit Just Got Real!! :o

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1149570p1.html

The Spider-Man reboot now has an official title. And we've also got our first official look at the character with his mask on. Check it!

The title is… The Amazing Spider-Man. Just like the comic! And here's the image:

spider-man-2012-20110214001713061.jpg

Thread name change please!

EDIT: haha, dammit!! :p

The removal of the bloody mechanical web shooters was the best thing Sam Raimi ever did. They better pull it off well here.

To be honest, the main reason I'm gonna see this is Andrew Garfield, cos I've been a big supporter and follower of him since Boy A and am really pleased to see him doing well. I'm optimistic about this movie, but he's the only thing so far that's drawn me.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!