N-Europe

Pokémafia LifeLight - Game Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa thrown right in at the deep end ><

Obviously I don't know what happened on the first few nights as no info has been passed to me, but it said last night that I was targetted by Raining. My power tells me who targets me at night and prevents any night kills but that's it. I can't target anyone so I'm not much use :/

Personally, from the little I've seen I'd be a bit nervous about Gizmos death. He was linking I think it was Maddog to the mafia before being killed? Could there be something there?

Dan what did you do last night?

You mean me? Well, I've not been able to come up with much. I'm a tracker and can thus find out who people target, but I haven't found out anything interesting yet. I can share my results if you'd like.

Also, I know it won't put me in a good light, with someone already having suspected me before, but I think I should clarify: I am Raikou. It does seem odd that the mafia appears to be all electric when I am not, and I don't know about Dyson's allegiance, but unless there are two Raikous in the game, he isn't a Raikou. Perhaps ReZ is trying to mess with us by shaking up the template of one type being mafia, I dunno. I do know that it's not exactly nice revealing myself as an electric when the mafia members revealed so far have turned out to be exactly that, but I've figured that coming clean is better than causing more confusion.

Essentially, you've taken over Jayseven's role, Dyson. On night 2, I investigated him and presumably his power, or part of it, is that no one can investigate him during the night phase and as such, as flash of light rendered my power useless. Presuming that Rez hasn't given you a new role and pokemon, it's more plausible that you've simply picked up J7's role and thus would now be source for suspicion based on what I've experienced so far, as a 'flash of light' seems to be something that would be reserved for an electric pokemon in this style game.

That and dan_likes_trees put forward some evidence along with Raining which would suggest you were a yellow dog, linking you to the electric mafia theory.

----------------------

Now that Dannboy the Dane has come forward as Raikou, we're in an interesting position. Could be a bluff to get people off of Dyson's scent or it could mean that both are mafia. Yellow dog could refer to Jolteon at a push if we think about it, as well as Raikou so essentially we could have two targets here.

But Dannyboy's coming forward does seem suspicious in the light that there's been movement on the Dyson front. Coincidence or not people?

Essentially, you've taken over Jayseven's role, Dyson. On night 2, I investigated him and presumably his power, or part of it, is that no one can investigate him during the night phase and as such, as flash of light rendered my power useless. Presuming that Rez hasn't given you a new role and pokemon, it's more plausible that you've simply picked up J7's role and thus would now be source for suspicion based on what I've experienced so far, as a 'flash of light' seems to be something that would be reserved for an electric pokemon in this style game.

That and dan_likes_trees put forward some evidence along with Raining which would suggest you were a yellow dog, linking you to the electric mafia theory.

----------------------

Now that Dannboy the Dane has come forward as Raikou, we're in an interesting position. Could be a bluff to get people off of Dyson's scent or it could mean that both are mafia. Yellow dog could refer to Jolteon at a push if we think about it, as well as Raikou so essentially we could have two targets here.

But Dannyboy's coming forward does seem suspicious in the light that there's been movement on the Dyson front. Coincidence or not people?

This is one and the same thing, not two different scenarios. Why would I draw attention to myself when Dyson's the one under suspicion? I'm trying to make sure he at least isn't lynched on false evidence, hence why I came forward to clarify that I am Raikou.

I am intrigued:

-Dannyboy is Raikou, he admits it, and claims he's not mafia? there's no reason to lie about this, especially when, on the long term, it becomes easy to verify whether he's a mafioso or not.

-So, I don't think we have enough on Dyson. Our main clue was the fact that Ganepark said he flashes light (which links him to the electrics). Apparently, this is his power (as confirmed by MadDog), but I don't think it's enough. He could be Illumise or some other nonelectric, light-producing Pokémon.

But if we have connections saying he's an electric dog, by all means, I demand blood.

But I found something else:

Edit: Sounds like the tiny red and blue pokemon that attacked Gizmo sound like a duo (which would point to Plusle and Minun as they're the only ones that could fit that description. There are no other tiny red and blue pokemon that are electric other than those two)

See, this is a theory I like. Let's review what you're implying here:

1-Plusle&Minun are electric, and since they killed, they're probably mafia;

2-They attacked at the same time. It seems not one them was the real killer, but both of them were. Strange, right?;

3-The theory that makes sense is that Plusle&Minun is a single character (like the Ice Climbers in Melee). Possible, likely, even;

4-What kind of power would a 2-characters-in-1 player have?

You see what I mean?

See, this is a theory I like. Let's review what you're implying here:

1-Plusle&Minun are electric, and since they killed, they're probably mafia;

2-They attacked at the same time. It seems not one them was the real killer, but both of them were. Strange, right?;

3-The theory that makes sense is that Plusle&Minun is a single character (like the Ice Climbers in Melee). Possible, likely, even;

4-What kind of power would a 2-characters-in-1 player have?

You see what I mean?

I dunno, in an earlier game, SPAMBOT and I were Plusle and Minun, respectively. We were protectors, and on our own we could protect from nightkills, but together we could protect from anything.

I dunno, in an earlier game, SPAMBOT and I were Plusle and Minun, respectively. We were protectors, and on our own we could protect from nightkills, but together we could protect from anything.

Hmm... I guess you have a point, there. It was just a vague theory anyway (though I'd love it if it turned out to be true)

My vote for Dyson stands, he still sounds pretty suspicious.

Jonnas and ganepark although I like your theory, if you read through last nights activity you'll see that it says something along the lines of 'the blue and red pokemon hovered over to the White pokemon'. It can't be plusle and minum, they don't hover. I think it must be magnemite. I know we've had magneton but magnemite is the only hovering electric pokemon that I can think of that's blue and red.

I don't know what to think. As everyone now thinks diageo is good I'm more inclined to think it's dan-likes-trees that's a mafioso with cube but I don't know. There are now so many suspicious people it's hard to keep track. I'm Now a little worried about rummy too, I think if someone can investigate him tonight it may help

For now, I'll withdraw vote

Jonnas and ganepark although I like your theory, if you read through last nights activity you'll see that it says something along the lines of 'the blue and red pokemon hovered over to the White pokemon'. It can't be plusle and minum, they don't hover. I think it must be magnemite. I know we've had magneton but magnemite is the only hovering electric pokemon that I can think of that's blue and red.

I don't know what to think. As everyone now thinks diageo is good I'm more inclined to think it's dan-likes-trees that's a mafioso with cube but I don't know. There are now so many suspicious people it's hard to keep track. I'm Now a little worried about rummy too, I think if someone can investigate him tonight it may help

For now, I'll withdraw vote

What about Dyson?

Ok, a little re-reading of previous nights has lead me to this theory (oh god not another one :laughing: but run with me on it):

Zekrom is definitely one of the pokemon in the game. Night 3 saw Martinist/Glaceon killed by a large black pokemon. Zekrom fits that rather short description perfectly and would make sense as an inclusion as seeing as we've had Zoroark and Reshiram.

Its inclusion in the game would suggest an important role, but as Zekrom is Reshiram's opposite, we can postulate the idea that the person playing him would be mafia. This idea is of course furthered by the knowledge that Zekrom is a dragon/electric type. Magneton was after all steel/electric but still fits the EMT because of Elekid and as such, so to does Zekrom.

So, if it is a mafia pokemon, and an important one then it begs the question of who is playing him. We obviously don't know any sure fire leads on any mafia members BUT we do know Rummy has the two votes thing. It's by no means a definitive conclusion but with Gizmo having played the town's uber, it seems more likely that Rummy would have a place as part of the mafia with his double vote.

It's an idea. Even if Rummy isn't mafia, we know that who ever is playing Zekrom definitely is.