N-Europe

Insect Bites

Ashley

Anyone else get these blighters?

Had them since first school so...about 15 years? Get them quite regularly and usually on my legs (and sometimes in other more unfortunate places, damn pervy insects!). Although over the years I've become so used to them they don't irritate me, they just are.

Although at times I will scratch them until they scab, if they piss me off that much.

I get them a little, not too bad, but worse than my gf. Its ridiciulous. We will be in the same room sleeping somewhere with mosquitoes, i'll get absolutely mauled one night, and she will wake up absolutely fine. It's not on. I get a bit paranoid and end up spraying myself tonnes with repellant, it seems to do the trick!

What annoys me most is where they choose to bite. I wouldnt mind if it was on my arm or something that isnt easlly iritated, but at the peak of your arse crack?! Or on the back of your ankle, and, quite possibly the worst place i've had, in the crease of my hand between thumb and forefinger. That was soooo annoying! Why do they do this?!?!

Having said that, i have had good luck against bed bugs. My gf has been mauled by those blighters on two occasions and i have laid next to her in the same bed and not been bitten once, mwahaha! Bed bugs like me, mosquitoes dont. Or should that be the other way around? I dont know. The chinese have a saying that if they bite you, they like you, because they are "kissing you". Nutters.

I've generally been ok with insect bites and not gotten many. In fact, until last week I hadn't had any in years.

Then all of a sudden, I open my window before going to bed one night and wake up the morning with midgie bites on my arms and legs. Bastards! :laughing: Quite bad as well as they've only just gone away now so had them for over a week. Unluckily, my Dad misplaced the anti-histamine stuff to put on them (he uses it a lot as he gets bitten a ridiculous amount) so that didn't help.

I get bitten all the time during summer. Lots and lots of bites. I currently even have two scars on my right leg from bites I got last month, booh.

But yeah I get mosquito bites really easily. At the moment I'm bite-free as I've not been home, but I'm sure I'll soon get a few more, unless mosquito mating season is over.

Also, having bites on the palm of your hand or on the sole of your foot is soooooo very annoying. Makes you want to scratch off your skin haha.

Having said that, i have had good luck against bed bugs. My gf has been mauled by those blighters on two occasions and i have laid next to her in the same bed and not been bitten once, mwahaha! Bed bugs like me, mosquitoes dont. Or should that be the other way around? I dont know. The chinese have a saying that if they bite you, they like you, because they are "kissing you". Nutters.

Bed bugs!?! I have never heard of this, except in the whole "good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite" thing. They can actually bite?

Bed bugs!?! I have never heard of this, except in the whole "good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite" thing. They can actually bite?

Yeah they actually exist and bite. I think they're what's biting me at the moment as I have them in really odd places for anything else to be (ankle, which is not so odd, armpit and on my inner thigh just to the right of my balls which is...a ballache :p).

Need to wash my sheets on Wednesday (as I don't get back til late tomorrow and won't want to make my bed) to get rid of them. Also leave the window open and let your mattress air. They get by happily in the right kind of temperature so you either have to burn them or freeze them to death.