N-Europe

Limited Edition.

ipaul

For me, it depends a lot on what said edition brings. I confess i love the unboxing of a slightly larger than usual box with goodies. But it has to be appealing. Most recent purchases were MHT (the chest one), Bayonetta Climax Edition, Demon's Souls...

If they throw in a soundtrack, then i'm in, as i collect soundtracks. I am yet to purchase the Bioshock 2 special edition as, even though there are lots of goodies with it, it is the 2 soundtracks it brings that are drawing me to it- one of them being in vinyl (i have an undying love for vinyl records)

Will possibly be buying the AC-Brotherhood Codex edition for the extra content (and the Beta code). Possibly Fable 3 as well. Will have to see how far i can stretch my money...

*sigh*

I really like the look of the Bioshock 2 special edition as well and since I can get it for £30, I might well go for it. The soundtrack might actually be good and I love the art style from the game.

I am tempted by the Halo Reach Xbox 360, I wanted a new 360 and I'm going to be buying the game anyway so I might as well, it's hardly anymore than buying them separately. Of course it won't be as good as the best limited edition console ever:

n64pikachu.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I don't like about LEs is when it's just too much. When I saw the LE of Assassin's Creed on VG+ I was thinking this was something I just had to buy, as I loved ACII and am very excited for the next one. But when I saw the content I'm not so sure anymore. Of course I will buy the game, but I don't know about the LE. I like the extra maps added in game and the detailed map of Rome, but what the in the world should I do with a 1:1 jack-in-a-box? If I throw it in garbage I'm stuck with an oversized box. I could just throw that one too but what a waste of money.

I'm not sure if I posted in here before with pretty much exactly what I'm about to say, I'm too lazy to check. I'm not even sure if this contradicts what I may have previously said but here goes...

I don't bother so much with limited editions anymore because the slightest inclusion of a figure is likely to send me back down the social destroypath of action figure collecting again. I'm desperately fighting off the urge to begin anew. The slightest tip of the scales will end my fantastic progress and fill my room (again) with dusty pieces of plastic.

I'm not sure if I posted in here before with pretty much exactly what I'm about to say, I'm too lazy to check. I'm not even sure if this contradicts what I may have previously said but here goes...

I don't bother so much with limited editions anymore because the slightest inclusion of a figure is likely to send me back down the social destroypath of action figure collecting again. I'm desperately fighting off the urge to begin anew. The slightest tip of the scales will end my fantastic progress and fill my room (again) with dusty pieces of plastic.

Lol, yes you have posted that. Almost word for word 20 replies earlier.

I've recently started taking an interest in Limited/Collector's/Special Editions. Heres my collection:

Picture013.jpg

CoD4: Modern Warfare Limited Edition.

Includes 'Making Of' DVD, Documentary on the British SAS, and a level walkthrough. Also a Hardcover Art Book and Poster.

Forza 3 Limited Collector's Edition.

Extra game content, 2GB USB stick and Key Chain.

Demon's Souls: Black Phantom Edition.

My particular favourite includes CD Soundtrack, Artbook and Strategy Guide.

Final Fantasy XIII Limited Edition. (Also bought the Limited Edition guide)

OST, Hardback book 'The World of Final Fantasy', Art Prints and a 'Brand of the l'Cie' decal

Tekken 6 Wireless Arcade Stick Edition.

Wireless Tekken 6 badged Fight Stick and an Art Book.

Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition.

Includes 'The Ties That Bind' Anime Movie, Ryu and Viper figures, downloadable costumes and a mini strategy guide.

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. Limited Edition

Includes 2 disc OST and a Blu-Ray featuring tutorials etc...

And this one deserves a special mention, the Limited Edition Madcatz Tournement Edition Fight Stick:

Picture014.jpg