NEurope
Rummy

Sherlock

Hard to follow last week's episode really. This one was still good but just less interesting. Less to follow, less to care about, less important. Still good though :p

The was pretty good. Oddly, the second half bore a remarkable resemblance to the visual novel/anime Higurashi no naku koro ni, but I'm guessing that was coincidence...

Caught this last night and found it slightly uninspired. The conclusion wrapped things up nicely I guess.

Did it ever mention Moriarty was caught in the first episode?

* It seemed a bit far-fetched that Holmes and Watson could gain access to the base so easily... but then it made sense when I thought about it.

I thought that, I could've sworn the ID had Mycroft's photo on it, which would've rendered it useless?

The ID does have Mycroft's photo on it but they are supposed to be brothers and therefore look alike. It's the only part of the show that kind of doesn't work though.

What I didn't get,was why the doctor was so nice to them, covering their tracks and confirming their cover story to prevent them being in serious trouble. Why?

Because he was a deus ex machina to introduce him early and get them out of the base the first time, and if they had just waltzed out that wouldn't have been exciting, and this episode had the worst writing of the series to date.

I thought that, I could've sworn the ID had Mycroft's photo on it, which would've rendered it useless?

I thought it was really jarring whilst I still had in mind that this really was an evil base with lots to hide from Sherlock. However, it became more plausible as the episode went on, showing how "human" many of the people who worked there really were, with only one villain amongst them, and he wasn't doing official government work.

This is the odd thing, I can't truly think of anything that was "wrong" with it, and yet instinctively there was lots I didn't find very natural or smooth-flowing.

Damn, watched my first episode of this the other day and it seems good!

Think I'd better watch the back catalogue eh?!

I look forward to the explanation considering they show him do it and it was clearly him on the ground.

I look forward to the explanation considering they show him do it and it was clearly him on the ground.

Or was it?

For a split second, you could actually see that it was Moriaty on the ground, then when it went to Watson seeing the face, disorientated because he conveniently got hit by a cyclist, it was Sherlock

I think the whole Watson getting knocked to the ground and being dazed plays into the body on the floor looking like Sherlock.

He asked Molly to do something for and I think its something along the lines of getting and preparing a body for Sherlock to throw off the roof. Or maybe she handled the postmortem and did the paperwork so to make it look like it was Sherlock who died.

Why would Sherlock want Watson to watch him fall to his death?

Sherlock makes sure Watson is to stand in that particular spot, a few seconds goes by after Watson gets knocked on the ground from person on bike.

It's obviously going to be a body switch but I just find that really lazy and I hope for something a bit smarter than that. John saw Sherlock jump but didn't see him hit the ground so we at least know he didn't throw Moriarty off in place of himself.

Either that or he has a more discreet way of regenerating.

It’s too bad the 2nd ep doesn’t really seem to fit, the first and this final episode were excellent. The guy who plays Moriarty is awesome. It’s also fun to see after Sherlock Holmes: a game of shadows. I’m not familiar with the original stories, so it’s fun to see the similarities and differences.

Well, that was genius. I don't really have much to say about it, other than it's dynamite. I can't remember any television drama ever being so good.

Well, that was genius. I don't really have much to say about it, other than it's dynamite. I can't remember any television drama ever being so good.

And this episode was written by the same one who wrote the weakest episode "The Blind Banker" from series 1.

And this episode was written by the same one who wrote the weakest episode "The Blind Banker" from series 1.

Was it? That's surprising. By coincidence, I missed the name of the writer at the beginning and just assumed it was Steven Moffat (and on good form at that).

What I love about this programme (apart from the superb performances) is that although it's extremely complicated, it's the sort of complexity that you can understand when it's explained. I must admit, I didn't find the ending plausible when I was watching it, but the discussion about it makes perfect sense. As ever, it was just because I missed the clues.

Sheer genius.

So both Steven Moffat's tv series ending this season with -

"The smart, cocky alien-like character becomes too famous and too hated, that he must fake his own death, even to his friends, in order to go back into the shadows a bit."

Not complaining... just an interesting comparison.