Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Thor: The Movie

Paj!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see it! I'm moist with anticipation.

I'm so pleased it's got good reviews. If it had been shit it could have thrown the whole Avengers plan off.

It felt slightly "...", but that's probably because I had preconceptions, where the majority of the viewers would have gone in not knowing much about Thor (apart from he's a Norse god).

Like, I think it was pretty badly written actually. Natalie Portman was literally a non-event. Like, the whole New Mexico part felt bad and awkward, and not even in a "Oh this is a joke thing to happen" way (that's what Fantastic Four 2 feels like, everything in it tells me jokes).

Like, I think it was pretty badly written actually. Natalie Portman was literally a non-event. Like, the whole New Mexico part felt bad and awkward, and not even in a "Oh this is a joke thing to happen" way (that's what Fantastic Four 2 feels like, everything in it tells me jokes).

Yeah, too much of the plot is driven by people bumping into each other by coincident.

Or the characters had a Thordar embedded into them.

Wait...Paj...you're a douche. You saw Scream 4 again instead of this. Call yourself a fan. You make me sick. I'm so angry right now. Honestly you might as well have raped my family I'm so disappointed in you. How could you do this?

No. Just get out of my sight.

Lol! Fuck you. I got my ticket paid for/a bit of it, and I promised to go with my friend weeks ago. Deal with having friends/making plans with them. I'm seeing Thor sometime this week I'm sure.

I actually enjoy trailers. When they're done well. The trailer to Harry Potter 7a was genuinely more worth watching than the movie itself.

The X-Men First Class trailer is the most stunning thing I've watched. The music. That shot with the submarine being pulled out the water.

Watched this tonight with a friend in 2D after reading what you guys were saying about the 3D.

Well you can certainly add me to the 'this film was cool/ace etc etc' pile. I thought it was great!!

I was worried at one point that the humour they were dropping in was going to kill it abit but they branched off from that so it wasn't too much.

I was also one of the 'cool' people who stayed till after the credits :D

Can't wait for Captain America now, that trailer at the beginning made it look so cool!

I went to see this. I enjoyed it, wasn't blown away but it was good.

The comedy was good but think I was the only one laughing at a lot of the stuff such as *enters pet shop* Give me a horse, we don't sell horses, just dogs and cats. Then give me one of those that can carry me. (script may not be accurate). Anyway, I was cracking up but don't think anyone else found it funny AT ALL.

The comedy was good but think I was the only one laughing at a lot of the stuff such as *enters pet shop* Give me a horse, we don't sell horses, just dogs and cats. Then give me one of those that can carry me. (script may not be accurate). Anyway, I was cracking up but don't think anyone else found it funny AT ALL.

Thats just said. Some people are so.......boring/unwilling to be funned.

I find it interesting RE: crowds sometimes. First time I saw Scream 4 (day after it was released, night time, so cinema was pretty full) lots of people laughed at the various jokey bits. Last time like...no one laughed. :/

I really enjoyed this but really wanted to see a 2D version as I cant stand that post-production crap. But 2 screens had 3d and only one showing that day ( after midnight) had the 2d version... I had no choice.

Good stuff though.. Not as good as( wait for it) Ironman, spiderman 2, Xmen 2, Batman begins or the dark knight... but still good :)

this film was brilliant!

really really awesome, I got the impression that i'd get annoyed by Chris Hemsworth's 'Thor' voice by the end of the film, due to what i'd heard in the trailer. But unlike Sherlock Holmes where RDJ's English accent ruined the film for me, this was not a problem.

and there was alot more humour than I had thought.

also, the bonus of seeing Captain America trailer before hand was good too.

Loved the end of the credits... "Thor will return with the Avengers!" only a select handful of people stayed to watch the easter egg scene, but those who did let off a little nerdgasm cheers.

Mrs Murr.... didn't appreciate the ending credits scene, despite my attempts to tell her that they're lining all these 'super hero's' for one large film.

I just got called a nerd and that she didn't care aslong as the films were funny.

bless her.

Glad to see Thor doing so well at the box office:

Thor enjoyed a rather Marvel-ous debut this weekend at the North American box office. The Kenneth Branagh-directed superhero pic has already conjured up $133.4 million abroad for an estimated global cume of $199.4 million.

Here are the weekend estimates via Box Office Mojo:

1. Thor $66,000,000

2. Fast Five $32,519,000

3. Jumping the Broom $13,700,000

4. Something Borrowed $13,155,000

5. Rio $8,200,000

6. Water for Elephants $5,600,000

7. Madea's Big Happy Family $3,900,000

8. Prom $2,425,000

9. Soul Surfer $2,100,000

10. Hoodwinked Too: Hood vs Evil $1,880,000

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/116/1166737p1.html

Just wondering, I do hope to have all these Avenger set up films on BluRay someday... you think there'd be a good chance after the actual Avengers film there might be some official boxset with all the films?

Glad to see Thor doing so well at the box office
Yeah it's great news, as now we'll surely be getting that sequel!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/116/1165802p1.html

Thor 2 Being Plotted

Kevin Feige says one of the first film's writers is working on it.

Marvel Studios honcho Kevin Feige said during a weekend press conference for Thor that the studio is already mapping a sequel to the god of thunder's big screen debut, which opens stateside Friday.

"We've got 600 plus issues, we've got a thousand years of mythology, we have other stories we'd like to tell," said Feige. "The audience will tell us whether they want to see those other stories, but we have to be prepared for that if that -- if we should get the call."

Feige add that Thor screenwriter "Don Payne is working on story ideas for a Part Two, we've got various options with (director Kenneth Branagh) to discuss coming, but right now the focus is on the first one but Don is slowly but surely thinking about where to take the character next should we be so lucky."

When Entertainment Weekly asked if he'd return for Thor 2, Branagh said, "I am not sure I am done with Thor's universe, or if it is done with me. I guess it will likely depend on how massive it is and how the reviews are, and then schedules and all that nonsense."

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!